Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Turn for f**k sake!

Options
  • 21-01-2009 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭

Ok so the drum of my condenser dryer wont turn ... and I'm miffed. Its Zanussi so does anyone know anywhere in Dublin that might repair it? I might be able to do it myself .... if I knew what I was doing.

Its heating up etc but just not turning.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Normally the bolts that the drum is attached to snap and that is why it won't turn anymore. When it happened to my mothers I know it was cheaper to buy a new one rather than repair it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

So replacing the bolts might be a pain and getting someone to do it for me would be expensive (relatively).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Well when the bolts break they damage the bolt holes in the drum so that its not a case of getting new bolts, its a case of getting a new drum and possibly a new mounting bracket that it attaches to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

Unplug it and open the back cover and see is the belt ok

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yeah, check the belt hasn't snapped first.

• Advertisement
Advertisement