Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Resident Evil 2 remake confirmed!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

Over on ResetEra a guy who claims inside knowledge says that RE3 is going to be a more procedurally driven game than RE2. So in the same vein as how RE3 had branching paths and different behaviour for Nemesis depending on how you play RE3 will try to do a similar thing on a much bigger scale.

Okay, I'm going to lay-down a breadcrumb. There's some details I think people missed about Resistance and a leak involving Outbreakers that kinda' spelled things out, but one of the big motifs of REmake 3 was to make a game of "dynamic systems" and exploration. From what I know, though know this knowledge is old but probably hasn't changed, is they want the game to be kinda' a chaotic playground for various systems in the game, such as Nemesis, to work organically but also capture the feeling of an unpredictable town going down in flame. REmake 3 will be a lot more explorable than REmake 2 was and have more of a focus on making interesting gameplay scenarios happen in non-scripted ways, and giving the platyer lots of room to do things off the beaten path.

So you'd hope that fixes the Mr X problem where he was very easy to manipulate

Also he says somewhere else that there will be a train system. Not sure about that one, but sounds like this won't be a tightly contained haunted house type game like RE1 and 2, more open. Which makes sense

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

Sounds like we will be using the carriage to get around the city before the clocktower scenario.Honestly I'm sorry hyped that my favorite resi game is coming out in the near future

• Registered Users Posts: 27,789 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

RE3 was my favorite game of the series back in the day. Absolutely loved it and played it to death. If they do half as good a job on this remake as they did on 2 it'll be brilliant.

Can't wait.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Yeah I always thought 3 was the best of them. Although 1 would be my favourite.

Shame they didn't go with Julia Voth for the model again. She's only 34 now and still a stunner.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Rob2D wrote: »
    Yeah I always thought 3 was the best of them. Although 1 would be my favourite.

Shame they didn't go with Julia Voth for the model again. She's only 34 now and still a stunner.

Never knew they used a real actress for the facial features of Jill and you're right shes still a stunner!

Did they use real people for RE2 Remake? I know they did for DMC5.

... wait a minute, if she is only 34 and the Resident Evil Remake came out in 2002. Doesn't that mean Capcom used her when she was 17? Actually... Game came out when she would have been 17 so the scan would have most likely been when she was 16 or maybe ever 15. That's gas :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,794 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

jimmysaville.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 29,478 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Might be time to finally finish my RE 1 remake playthrough :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,583 ✭✭✭✭ T. Hanks^

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    jimmysaville.jpg

K

... wait a minute, if she is only 34 and the Resident Evil Remake came out in 2002. Doesn't that mean Capcom used her when she was 17? Actually... Game came out when she would have been 17 so the scan would have most likely been when she was 16 or maybe ever 15. That's gas :pac:

Correct, she was very young at the time. Well I suppose we think of it as young but in the modeling world that's around prime time I guess. But fair play to her she always embraced the role and still dresses up like Jill to this day in her own time. Would have been nice to see Capcom acknowledge that.

I'm actually a lot more excited for this than for 2. I hope they put a good Mercenaries mode in!

I'm actually a lot more excited for this than for 2. I hope they put a good Mercenaries mode in!

Yeah they really should add it or some kind of survival horde mode. Would have gone down really well in 2 with the boarding up windows mechanic. Protect a section of the police station and see how long you and other survivors can survive.

Was the 2 dlc any good? Those other survivor stories?

• Advertisement

Could probably do with a Resi mega thread but this is the mansion from RE 1 remade with unreal engine. Took the guy 11 months. Impressive but it really makes me want to play the OG version of 1 again. I don't know why i never finished REmake 1 (into of hunters probably had something to do with it) but Resi 1 original was so special.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    but Resi 1 original was so special.

It really was.

According to the guy who runs the game awards resi 3 wasn't planned to be announced during the show,said so during a reddit ama.

Have to say I wonder when the games gonna be announced from what I've gathered the leak is above board but how where they planning on announcing it?

One 'insider' (ZhugeEx on twitter) seemed to hint it could come before the VGAs. So at a state of play.

But that state of play would have to be announced like today or something to meet that timeline.

Otherwise we'll be waiting until next year probably to hear more about why Nemesis has a funny looking nose.

EDIT
    State of Play announced :)
    https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1202936041113604096

New Jill Picture accordingly :

resident-evil-3-remake-jill-valentine-face-ps4.original.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,216 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'm actually a lot more excited for this than for 2.

I had very little interest in 2, even though the original was one of the first PS1 games I had and I mostly enjoyed it. But I didn't get into most of the hype for RE2:Remake.

But a few days/weeks before release, when the really positive reviews and gameplay started to come out, I completely bought into the hype and it exceeded all expectations. So I will be excited for RE3:Remake, more than I had been for RE2, and if it can even just be nearly as good as RE2, it'll still be more than worth it.

3 is a weird one for me. I remember liking it (not loving it) but all i really remember is the boob tube, nemesis and some crank puzzles. Looked up a video and forgot you even got to control Carlos. Don't know why i have such a memory block with it but will probably be for the best with the remake, more surprises.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,216 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    3 is a weird one for me. I remember liking it (not loving it) but all i really remember is the boob tube, nemesis and some crank puzzles. Looked up a video and forgot you even got to control Carlos. Don't know why i have such a memory block with it but will probably be for the best with the remake, more surprises.

I was the same with 2. I'd had it in my head for years that I never finished it, stopping somewhere around the lab entrance. Yet when I watched old videos of comparisons between the original and remake, I realised I had to have completed both scenarios. I think maybe I belted through it with my cousins when they were down and that's why it didn't stick in the head as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭Evade

I think 3 might be my favourite out of all of them. Combining the infinite ammo drop with the mine launcher for little homing missiles was a lot of fun. The branching paths made it a lot more replayable too.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,247 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Still have a fond memory of running around with the infinite Machine Gun in easy mode, because i was too much of a coward to play it on normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,789 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

More 'insider' gossip, could be fake but I'm inclined to believe atm

https://www.resetera.com/threads/resident-evil-3-remake-covers-discovered-on-psn.156712/page-83#post-27203294
    Like half a year after the RE2 video. RE3 was greenlit and started development a few months after RE7 came out in 2017, but it was in the talks and planning during 2016 while RE7 was still being worked on. RE3's original director (who's currently a freelancer) was invited to direct the project but ended up declining, but I'm aware people at Capcom and him met multiple times and the direction for the RE3 Remake was talked about before it was greenlit, they only greenlit it when they had picked a direction to go with it and it was ready to start development. The title was conceived partially because RE2 REmake was happening, and that would leave RE3 as the only mainline RE game without an easily portable version for future-proofing (while they don't do much with it, Code Veronica does have an MT Frameworks version), plus developing both around the same frame of time had more benefits than if they chose to remake RE3 down the line. Many exaggerate how much of RE2 is in RE3, but if they're going to reimagine Raccoon City doing both around the same time helps.

If anyone's a bit curious about what RE3 tomorrow will look like, something I'll mention is that the talks about direction did decide on a more in-depth Raccoon City. And you will be seeing a few concoctions and mixtures of elements at play here. REmake 2 didn't pull much from RE1.5 (though it did reference some concept art for RE2), but REmake 3 pulls more from both of it's original concepts that weren't made, and even elements that were present in Umbrella Chronicles (and in extension due to this, some things from Outbreak). I don't know what bits the trailer shows tomorrow, but I will say right now the RE3 REmake is more experimental than RE2's and they're taking more of the whole of what RE3 worked with over the years, partially at the choice of the original director. Kamiya never really liked 1.5 and wanted the new team to do their own thing, and Aoyama originally wanted RE3 to be a different more open game but thinks in the process of remaking they should both build off what people loved and expand. And the teams kinda' followed that while also doing their own takes on things of course.

So kinda' get ready for that.

Makes sense.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

The cover art for RE3 looks interesting. Jill looks good, Carlos looks quite different compared to the PS1

Nemesis looks way better than it did on PS1 too
    Not sure why he's covered in Caution labels, I don't think you'd need them to realize that thing charging full speed at you is dangerous!

Cover Art

Hope they get the starrrrs growl right!

The cover art for RE3 looks interesting. Jill looks good, Carlos looks quite different compared to the PS1

Nemesis looks way better than it did on PS1 too
    Not sure why he's covered in Caution labels, I don't think you'd need them to realize that thing charging full speed at you is dangerous!

Cover Art

Maybe that's a bag he rips out of. The artwork might reflect the first time you see him in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭recyclops

April 3rd WOOOOOOOO with Resistence free

recyclops wrote: »
    April 3rd WOOOOOOOO with Resistence free

Source?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭recyclops

Just on state of play livestream

• Advertisement

Found it:

Advertisement