Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

old loyalties, reconsideration.

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,903 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

ShawnRaven wrote: »

From what I remember from their book, they actually started off on a BBC B, so when they moved on, the rubber keyed Speccy just wasn't going to cut it because they were so used to a real keyboard. Worst thing they ever did to the Dizzy series was hand it over to Big Red, but I don't think they had much a hand in that, that was a Codies move and the Olivers relationships with the Darlings was strained at best by that time.

The Amstrad was long, so very, very long!

I was never a big fan of the egg! Preferred the Magic Knight series of fetch and deliver (not that that particularly genre would be my first choice in game style).

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I actually can't believe the Speccy is being compared to a Playstation. Very different times. The Speccy came out at a time when the UK (and Ireland) was struggling coming out of a very bad economic downturn. A lot of people were flat broke, even working two jobs when the Speccy was at it's height of Popularity between 83-86!

Was it a great machine? Oh God no, but the market for affordable computers was there. Clive Sinclair jumped on that money train whereas Alan Sugar missed it by a country mile. Of course, Sugar ended up hijacking that same proverbial train before it went off the rails with Sinclair driving the thing by buying Clive out in 1986 for a cool £5m.
    The Amstrad was long, so very, very long!

The CPC464 was, yeah. Sturdy bastard of a thing too. Amstrad did bring the length down a bit with the release of the CPC664, and subsequent CPC6128 in 1985 though.
    I was never a big fan of the egg! Preferred the Magic Knight series of fetch and deliver (not that that particularly genre would be my first choice in game style).

The Dizzy series is an acquired taste. I know loads of people who cannot stand it. It was a perfect match for me as someone who liked platformers and arcade adventure (text adventures bored me stupid)

Advertisement