Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Slow burner vanilla-esque game - SIGN UP THREAD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

You can count on me, Boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

yeah I think so it seems very manageable for work

• Registered Users Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭tritium

In if there’s room

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

yeah I think so it seems very manageable for work

Yeah, with the post count limit and longer days there won't be as much 'Now, now, now' pressure on it. Also uber vanilla so nothing incredibly complicated to wrap your head around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

I’m in please :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Sign me up please

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I’ll give it a go.

What’s the user interface like on the other site for phone users?

Not sure if we answered this.

I'll put it this way, if you can use COP on your phone then you'll be grand. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Yep, I'm still in for this aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Still in

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

I wonder if I'll remember how to play...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

^^^^

Wolf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

Ohh sign me up if there’s still space :)

TheSkunk wrote: »
    Ohh sign me up if there’s still space :)

Of course, welcome aboard :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

I wonder if I'll remember how to play...

I wonder if I'll remember how to mod.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Room for one more?

Loughc wrote:
    Room for one more?

But of course :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Necro wrote: »
    But of course :)

Then sign me up my good man :D

1. Kolido
    2. Duffman13
    3. Strawberry Milkshake
    4. Pter
    5. sKeith
    6. Triceratops Ballet
    7. tusk
    8. quickbeam
    9. Barney92
    10. kitten_k
    11. Digital Solitude
    12. Bounty Hunter
    13. fixxxer
    14. Clarabel
    15. tritium
    16. Whiplashy
    17. Green&Red
    18. TheSkunk
    19. Loughc
    20. Succubus_

No one has outed yet so I assume this is our current list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Sign me up please! Not that I have a clue what I'm doing. Nothing vanilla about me either :p

Succubus_ wrote: »
    Sign me up please! Not that I have a clue what I'm doing. Nothing vanilla about me either :p

Ooh kinky :pac:

Welcome aboard!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

I have no idea what this is, but I'm still in :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

If there is room...

Ectoplasm wrote:
    If there is room...

Of course! :)

1. Kolido
    2. Duffman13
    3. Strawberry Milkshake
    4. Pter
    5. sKeith
    6. Triceratops Ballet
    7. tusk
    8. quickbeam
    9. Barney92
    10. kitten_k
    11. Digital Solitude
    12. Bounty Hunter
    13. fixxxer
    14. Clarabel
    15. tritium
    16. Whiplashy
    17. Green&Red
    18. TheSkunk
    19. Loughc
    20. Succubus_
    21. Ectoplasm

Just as an FYI we are likely going to run with a closed night system for the game, trialled on an honour system initially.

What will probably happen is that the lynch form will close at 9pm, and players will have a 'twilight' type of scenario to continue discussion until 10pm when the results are posted. (Also takes pressure off us as mods to be exact with the posting of the results)

After that the mods will be asking the players not to post until the following morning after the munch announcement.
    Going to try to avoid closing the thread so people are able to prepare posts if they so wish, so your assistance in this endeavour would be muchly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

When are you thinking Necro?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Necro wrote: »

1. Kolido
    2. Duffman13
    3. Strawberry Milkshake
    4. Pter
    5. sKeith
    6. Triceratops Ballet
    7. tusk
    8. quickbeam
    9. Barney92
    10. kitten_k
    11. Digital Solitude
    12. Bounty Hunter
    13. fixxxer
    14. Clarabel
    15. tritium
    16. Whiplashy
    17. Green&Red
    18. TheSkunk
    19. Loughc
    20. Succubus_
    21. Ectoplasm

Just as an FYI we are likely going to run with a closed night system for the game, trialled on an honour system initially.

What will probably happen is that the lynch form will close at 9pm, and players will have a 'twilight' type of scenario to continue discussion until 10pm when the results are posted. (Also takes pressure off us as mods to be exact with the posting of the results)

After that the mods will be asking the players not to post until the following morning after the munch announcement.
    Going to try to avoid closing the thread so people are able to prepare posts if they so wish, so your assistance in this endeavour would be muchly appreciated.

You can't even trust us to post in the right account :pac:

Green&Red wrote: »
    When are you thinking Necro?

Game will begin on Friday, 3rd May with a very soft opening until the first munch on Tuesday, 7th May.

Day phases will then run for 35 hrs - so the first lynch would be at 9pm on Wednesday the 8th May.

Lynch results announced at 10pm, no posting till post 10am on Thursday the 9th May.

Rinse and repeat phases until game ends essentially. It'll be low commitment so you don't have to spend all day on the thread every day.

Just to clarify a lot of what sully posted previously essentially.
    sullivlo wrote: »
    Okay. Some more details.

It will have a very soft launch. It will launch on the Friday of the May bank holiday weekend, and the first munch will be the Tuesday morning.

Day phases will be 36 hours. Night phases will be 12 hours.

The thread will be closed during the night phase.

The theme (for pure flavour as much as anything) is silence of the lambs.

It will be non-anon.

There will be a maximum post count per poster per phase, so it will really be a low committment kinda game.

More info as we get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

In please

Updated sign-ups:
    1. Kolido
    2. Duffman13
    3. Strawberry Milkshake
    4. Pter
    5. sKeith
    6. Triceratops Ballet
    7. tusk
    8. quickbeam
    9. Barney92
    10. kitten_k
    11. Digital Solitude
    12. Bounty Hunter
    13. fixxxer
    14. Clarabel
    15. tritium
    16. Whiplashy
    17. Green&Red
    18. TheSkunk
    19. Loughc
    20. Succubus_
    21. Ectoplasm
    22. Dublinandy2

Game starts Friday 3rd May. Sign ups open until Wednesday, 1st May at 23.59pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Any update on posts per phase or still under discussion? Looking forward to this one, something different

Advertisement