Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS (and some helpful numbers and websites)

• 23-12-2016 1:00pm
    Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Click here to go straight to the useful numbers and websites

...happy holidays, winter solstice, whatever you're celebrating yourself! Or happy annual leave as someone was suggesting in After Hours recently :eek:

2016 has been a very long year in comparison to 2015 which whizzed by in a flash! Aside from the many crappy and awful things that happened worldwide in 2016, we didn’t have a great start to the year here in Boards either with a serious DDoS attack in January but I think things have improved considerably since then :)

We've had some staff changes this year - we said goodbye to Dav, our longest serving member of staff and my long-time fellow community manager - and we have welcomed some new faces too - hello to Greg (sales) and Jerneja (design) and of course Mark who you’ve all seen about the place at this stage. This is the biggest team we've ever had! I said that last year and we’ve grown a little bit again.

Over the next week, please be patient. Lots of people are taking time off and that includes us here in the office as well as our Mods, CMods and Admins so expect that people may be a little slower to get back to you on things. The break is much needed and deserved and we will still get back to you.

I will be checking emails sent to the office (hello@boards.ie) sporadically for anything urgent; anything non-urgent will wait until myself and Mark return to work on Tuesday 3rd January 2017 when we are back to our normal working hours (Monday to Friday, 9am – 5.30pm).

Thanks for your feedback, support and posts in 2016 - let's have lots more in 2017!

All the best,
    Niamh, Mark and all of the Boards.ie team :)

Comments

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement