Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cage Warriors and BAMMA salaries?

Options
  • 01-04-2019 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Doing some analysis on European MMA salaries and having trouble finding specific info.

There seems to be consensus that starting pay is less than 1k but not much info on top salaries - https://breakinggrips.com/how-much-money-do-mma-fighters-make/

Anyone have any solid figures they can share?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Peanuts.
    Absolute peanuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I know fighters who have fought in both and you’re literally talking a few hundred quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Thought James Gallagher said he's making millions?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Ush1 wrote: »

Bellator innit...

He hasn't fought for bamma in 3 or 4 years.
    I doubt he was claim to have been making anything back then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

sparrowcar wrote: »
    Bellator innit...

True, don't Bellator own BAMMA? Or is it just they co-promote?

No way James Gallagher is making millions? I would have imagined he would still be on fairly meh money.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,954 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I know an Irish fighter recently signed to bellator, hes on 5k show, 5k win. Can only imagine what Bamma or CW is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

He's talking absolute ****e.

BAMMA and CW pay SFA. Nobody is living off it.

Pretty sure BAMMA doesn't exist anymore either, they lost most of their talent to Bellator recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

rob316 wrote: »
    I know an Irish fighter recently signed to bellator, hes on 5k show, 5k win. Can only imagine what Bamma or CW is.

That is peanuts considering how much work you need to do and with the risks too

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    That is peanuts considering how much work you need to do and with the risks too

That on the higher end for most Irish lads in Bellator too.

I reckon that's either Richie Kiley or Redzer the lad you quoted is talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

I reckon that's either Richie Kiley or Redzer the lad you quoted is talking about.

Wow, is it really worth it. You could very easily end up with brain damage later in life from all those blows to the head, for 10k if you win

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Redsers on more than 5/5 anyway, its not mental money but it's better than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Slightly off topic. What would Artem have got for that bare knuckle fight?

mloc123 wrote: »
    Slightly off topic. What would Artem have got for that bare knuckle fight?

about 100k I reckon.

rob316 wrote: »
    Belator have had undercard fighters on as little as $1500 show/win a few years ago. It's probably come up a bit since then, but not much.
    about 100k I reckon.
    Yeah, sounds about right. He's done alright for himself tbh.
    It the Paulie fight happens, he knows he's losing. He's doing it for a payday that he could never get otherwise. Will he asking for a hefty flat fee.

Mellor wrote: »
    Belator have had undercard fighters on as little as $1500 show/win a few years ago. It's probably come up a bit since then, but not much

Just checked this, and it's actually gotten worse.

Bellator 214, in Jan this year. 15 out of 30 fighters on $1500 show/win. Only 7 out of 30 making over $12k.

Belator 206 last year. 5 fighters on $1,200

I know UFC fighter pay gets bashed a lot. That is really pathetic from Belator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

James "I desperately want to be Conor McGregor" Gallagher? Probably lot's of blarney on his part.

Advertisement