Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Infraction on AH

Options
  • 19-04-2019 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 33,727 ✭✭✭✭

RobertKK wrote: »
    I am sure it was last year during the period leading up to the referendum.
    I care about people, you only care about people who hold your own views, that is why you get so upset, 'booohoohoo Robert is nasty, he makes me cry'.
    Get a grip of yourself, being offended on behalf of other people is pathetic.

The mod said in a PM the following:
    Dear RobertKK,

You have been warned for being uncivil.

Typically, this means that you are posting in a needlessly aggressive or confrontational manner being disruptive on the forum or causing stress for the other members. We don't want that here.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

Pter

Moderator Note

Watch the name calling and uncivil language please.

I had responded to
    It wasn't expressed previously. that is the first time that poster has mentioned how it affected them personally. But you dont care about the personal pain your nasty views cause people and you probably never will.

The person in other posts called me callous and in another a hypocrite, and reporting led to nothing which to me is saying the mod or mods in question who dealt with it are operating on double standards, it was a and let me quote the above mod a "needlessly aggressive or confrontational manner" post that led to my reply.
    Plus it is not in the rules that one is always required to express a sympathy towards someone. I did nothing wrong but this person chose to target me due to previous grievances as if I was uncaring.
    I think it is pathetic getting offended for someone else who has not shown they themselves were offended - I did nothing to offend for me to receive a reply about nasty views. One is allowed to oppose abortion and be civil in the opposition, which I was and if my views were described as nasty and it was fine, but someone else's view as pathetic as they used someone else to have a go at me is being uncivil.
    I don't see the fairness in the card I received.

The mod said
    Pter wrote:
    Calling someone pathethic is name calling.

You seem to have extrapolated out i am profiling you in some way. I am not. You called someone a name, i gave you the lightest warning i could.

I never said the person was pathetic, it was taking up the position of being offended on someone else's behalf that is pathetic, and done for point scoring.
    Because if saying somone's opinion is pathetic is name calling, then saying I have nasty views, callous etc is also name calling and I reported to see what would happen, and nothing.
    That is why I asked the mod about the double standards on what is deemed name calling and what isn't, and whether it was done on personal views on the subject.
    I just want to get treated with the same standards as others.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,293 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Hi

Are you appealing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,727 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Hi

Are you appealing this?

Yes please.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,293 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

OK. What are you appealing and on what basis?

OK. What are you appealing and on what basis?

I am appealing that saying a particular opinion is pathetic, is then viewed as being name calling a person.
    I never said the person was pathetic and I don't believe it was uncivil which is what the infraction I received said.

In the same thread I had an opinion without warrant described as a 'nasty opinion'. It was reported on the basis I got a yellow card based on an opinion and it was described as name calling.
    Of course the other person rightly got no warning or yellow card for saying nasty, but I got one for saying getting offended on someone else's half is pathetic - the position, not the person.
    Can a position one takes be interpreted as name calling the person, when it was simply the position they took and not the person I was saying is pathetic?

This is what I got the yellow card for, calling a position not a person pathetic.

I think there was enough here to warrant a yellow so I will be upholding this. I do not think you attacked just the post but aimed a certain percentage at the poster. A yellow card is the minimum sanction available and is meant to remind you to engage civilly.

if you want further review I can get admin to look.

cheers

• Advertisement

I think there was enough here to warrant a yellow so I will be upholding this. I do not think you attacked just the post but aimed a certain percentage at the poster. A yellow card is the minimum sanction available and is meant to remind you to engage civilly.

if you want further review I can get admin to look.

cheers

I was not and I want to take it further.

You are saying if I view a position someone takes as pathetic it means I am saying the person is.
    I was told my position on abortion was nasty - for being prolife, should it be views as me being nasty or that particular viewpoint being?
    I had people attack me in other threads by bringing stuff from one thread to another to troll me and it is doesn't end in a yellow card.
    I have people bringing up stuff a mod said I was not allowed to discuss and being attacked for it and I don't respond as a mod said I couldn't, I report and nothing.
    Yet I am the person with the infraction, for saying a position a person took was pathetic, not the person.
    I would not be angry over this if it was the case I was saying the person was, but since I was attacking a position and an infraction, and others were bringing gripes to other threads and no cards.
    The double standards on modding is there for people to see.

Admin please

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I'm supporting the mod and CMod on this. There was clear intent to have a dig at the poster. I think you were trying to be smart and get that dig in a subtle way you could attempt to defend, as you are doing here

Yellow card upheld

I still believe it is wrong due to the level of double standards with yellow cards in the said thread and how others attacked me on other threads, which led to another Admin doing a post on the said thread, despite others trolling, baiting and goading no one else received a yellow card.

This may be the final decision, but I do not accept it was a correct decision due to people who held the right views towards abortion received no cards for making it hell for me with their behaviour.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Marking resolved

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement