Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Player list in OP)

• 15-03-2020 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭

If I don't get to collect my pre order in Smyths on Friday I will lose my mind :(

What are the chances of it being closed sob. They said business as usual but who knows.

If I have to stay indoors I NEED TO HAVE IT.
    Mod wrote:
    List of Boards.ie Animal Crossing New Horizons Players.

Google Doc - View AC Player List
    Add your own details

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

dragona wrote: »
    If I don't get to collect my pre order in Smyths on Friday I will lose my mind :(

What are the chances of it being closed sob. They said business as usual but who knows.

If I have to stay indoors I NEED TO HAVE IT.

Was it just the game or the special edition console? Worst case scenario, you have to download it and not get a physical copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Shame it wasn’t released last Friday instead - would have been perfect to stay indoors and forget that there’s no sport to watch.

I’ll be disappointed aswell if Smyths are closed up later this week, been looking forward to this one. I also managed to nab the pre order early so I’ll get the few extra goodies with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

AMGer wrote: »
    Shame it wasn’t released last Friday instead - would have been perfect to stay indoors and forget that there’s no sport to watch.

I’ll be disappointed aswell if Smyths are closed up later this week, been looking forward to this one. I also managed to nab the pre order early so I’ll get the few extra goodies with it

I hope the shops can at least do online deliveries ... Not just the game shops ... Would rather get this from Smyths than Amazon ... And spend my money in Ireland cause my god businesses are going to need it !

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Satturnfalls

If you have the console juat buy it digital. Ifs its the console and smyths need to close im sure they will hang on to it for you. Ring or go into yer local store tomorrow and ask them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭dragona

Just the game......and a case,,,,and controller,,,, that I do not give a monkeys about , but i want the game:o

This is the dilemma, do I pre order the digital and then risk having to buy the actual game on Friday from Smyths as well,if they do not close, as I have pre ordered from them?

:D:D:D This is practically a life or death situation,as in I will die if I don't have it on the day I need help:D:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,727 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Reviews expected at 2pm today

Ordered from Amazon UK.
    Feeling really stressed with all the **** at the moment.
    Will put it in a glass case with a "break in case of self isolation" sign on it. :)

Anyway, the kids love animal crossing, so it's a no brainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,433 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Looks like a winner.

Eurogamer: Essential
    IGN: 9
    Gamespot: 8 (still in progress)
    NintendoLife: 10

• Registered Users Posts: 15,763 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

https://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/animal-crossing-new-horizons/critic-reviews

The reviews seem positive so far. I expected as much from one of the sites, always the outlier. And The Daily Star, I'd never give it traffic.

IGN are hit and miss with their reviews. I always look at who reviewed the game. Pokemon Sword and Shield was a farce, handed to the biggest and most biased Pokemon fangirl around(though Gamespot did the same). Sam Claiborn reviewed this, so I'm happy about that. I'll read it in detail later. In his summary, you could say he almost took an innocuous dig at Pokemon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

I've never played any game in this series and up until now it didn't appeal to me. But having watched some reviews im starting to think I should give it a try.
    This might be partly down to the fact that so little has been released lately that ive been interested in that im just eager to buy any game though.
    None of my mates plan on buying this game so id miss out on that aspect of the game too.

• Advertisement

I've never played any game in this series and up until now it didn't appeal to me. But having watched some reviews im starting to think I should give it a try.
    This might be partly down to the fact that so little has been released lately that ive been interested in that im just eager to buy any game though.
    None of my mates plan on buying this game so id miss out on that aspect of the game too.

It's a different kind of game. You can dip in and out. No pressure. Multiple players on the same switch will have to share the same island. Sounds like a virtual world lockdown :) I think Nintendo being really greedy here and not letting each player have their own island ... Or maybe I'm wrong about this ?? Anyway we are a single switch single AC cartridge family!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

nintendoo wrote: »
    It's a different kind of game. You can dip in and out. No pressure. Multiple players on the same switch will have to share the same island. Sounds like a virtual world lockdown :) I think Nintendo being really greedy here and not letting each player have their own island ... Or maybe I'm wrong about this ?? Anyway we are a single switch single AC cartridge family!

The 3DS one was the same, and it lead to an awful lot of fun - from burying helpful tools around the town and posting a shovel to the youngest to that time my wife was woken by me screaming "Who cut down all my %$%&ing peach trees???" - but we don't talk about the 4th child we definitely never had who doesn't live in a lean-to behind the shed now.

Im probably going to pick this up. Just for something relaxing to play.

Anytime I see this game's name all I think about is

Can i buy that now, and get the code for friday? Never brought a game this way before

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Can i buy that now, and get the code for friday? Never brought a game this way before

You will get the code the day before release

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Downlinz

That's a great price, I presume it works without having to change region or anything? Never bought Switch keys from 3rd parties before

• Registered Users Posts: 27,317 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Downlinz wrote: »
    That's a great price, I presume it works without having to change region or anything? Never bought Switch keys from 3rd parties before

I bought it from them and they're legit. It's currently downloaded on my Switch and waiting for Friday to unlock. You also get 300 gold points on your Nintendo account when you redeem the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,317 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Buy it now, and you'll get the code now allowing to pre-download.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

You will get the code the day before release

They're giving codes already. I got mine, and it's already preloaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Downlinz wrote: »

Used the code on my normal Irish account with no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭dragona

I forgot to add the wireless controller to my pre order. Am crying as they're sold out. Willing to buy off anyone who regrets spending 50 on a battery powered controller.......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Bought it just now for 46.25euro on Amazon using discount code MYDISCOUNT5 which gives you 5pound off 25+ orders which are sold and dispatched by amazon...

Chuffed with that price as I am not a fan of digital for the switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭tbahh

Has anyone pre-ordered AC:NH in Gamestop for 19.99 by trading in a select Switch title?

I was browsing through their list of games to trade in and it says Crash Bandicoot on their list - obviously whoever wrote this list is a bit of a nincompoop when it comes to gaming - and I'm unsure whether they're referring to N-sane Trilogy or Nitro-fueled. I have both, but only a physical copy of the latter. I imagine it is the racing game seeing as it was released more recently than the trilogy but you never know. I don't mind parting with it too much as I could never get used to the controls, unlike the original game, which I loved! Plus I can get it again when it goes on sale if I really want it.

Here's the list: http:www.gamestop.ie/switch-trade-list

https://twitter.com/animalcrossing/status/1240035182930989059
    [Announcement] The Ver 1.1.0 update for #AnimalCrossing: New Horizons will be available ahead of launch, starting at 6pm PT, 3/18. Customers who have preloaded the game after purchasing from Nintendo eShop will be able to download the update data at this time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I know where I'll be getting my copy now, great price.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭tbahh

Any opinions on eneba.com?

AC:NH download being sold at €44.93. There's a further 3% discount code (INSA) on the site so it comes to €43.58. The seller (Gamespilot) has got excellent reviews (over 25k).

It says code will be delivered on launch date but I'm not sure if you'll get it immediately à la cdkeys.

Link: https://www.eneba.com/nintendo-animal-crossing-new-horizons-nintendo-switch-eshop-key-europe
    EDIT: I don't know why but link won't work for me through boards. But if you go onto eneba.com and search for Animal Crossing: New Horizons, it'll come up!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

How is it going to work if we've got two Switch consoles but own one physical cart?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Great price, just nabbed it there now. Saves me a drive to Athlone on Friday too :D

Advertisement