Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The I need a job done around my House Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Berty wrote:
    Anybody recommend a crowd that can provide a quote at least? Thanks

My neighbour used prestige driveways looks a tidy job

• Registered Users Posts: 4,750 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Joe Lawlor paved my drive and back a few years ago. Good work.

https://www.facebook.com/www.joelawlorgroundworks.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 16,440 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Looking for someone PSA registered to service my HKC alarm?
    The installer who originally put it in seems to have gone dark on me :(

Have the engineer code and probably need a sensor or 2 changed.

Any recommendations much appreciated.

Berty wrote: »
    Anybody recommend a crowd that can provide a quote at least? Thanks

AA Kanios would always be my 1st port of call for landscaping and driveways.

Have had him do work for me that was both top quality, and competitively priced.

banie01 wrote:
    Looking for someone PSA registered to service my HKC alarm? The installer who originally put it in seems to have gone dark on me

I use Cliffords never had an issue

• Advertisement

kilburn wrote: »
    I use Cliffords never had an issue

Price is my usual issue with Clifford's but will give them a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Any recommendations for companies for front doors? Preferably composite or passiv

I got a Composite door lately from a shop in Charleville but they cover a lot of limerick and fantastic to deal with plus very competitive on price.

http://www.southernwindowsanddoors.ie/

Get the Composite door they are a fantastic job.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,103 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

banie01 wrote: »

T&K Alarms out in Eastway Business Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Quick question, are you given the engineer code when it's installed or do you need to ask for it and is it needed for the system to be serviced? My parents got one installed a few years back and it needs to serviced I'd say since it was done four years ago and it's currently showing up a fault on the box. I'd rather not bring the fella who installed back and didn't know if another company would touch it since they didn't install it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,148 ✭✭✭✭Berty

AA Kanios would always be my 1st port of call for landscaping and driveways.

Have had him do work for me that was both top quality, and competitively priced.

Had him out weeks ago to price some jobs. His price was mental, he took weeks to turn up to price it and then days to price it. Clearly didn't want it you'd think so I'd never ever call him again let alone recommend him.

Shame, he came so highly recommended.

• Advertisement

Quick question, are you given the engineer code when it's installed or do you need to ask for it and is it needed for the system to be serviced? My parents got one installed a few years back and it needs to serviced I'd say since it was done four years ago and it's currently showing up a fault on the box. I'd rather not bring the fella who installed back and didn't know if another company would touch it since they didn't install it.

You should IMO be given it as a matter of course, but IMO you usually need to ask.

The T&K recommendation, usually my 1st port of call indeed they installed the current set up.
    I don't know what has changed out there in the last year or 2, but suffice it to say I'm not a fan of having to chase a company to offer them my money nor being left hanging waiting on appointments or call backs.

You know those concrete posts in a garden that hold wooded dividing panels? My garden has about 12 of them but the previous owner stopped short and are missing 4.

Does anybody have a recommendation of somebody to put these in?

garden-panel-fencing-close-board-panels-concrete-posts-leadham-roding-essex.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Berty,
    Check out Croom concrete.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭gotasmoke

Any recommendations for someone who can replace skirting boards in a few rooms?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 charleshardin

Can anybody recommend a somebody or some firm in the Limerick area, tol wash windows and clean out and wash gutters?

I did have a recommendation for Glanog, used them last year and found them excellent, but when I tried contacting them last week, I got only an answering machine, and no call-back unfortunately.

Can anybody recommend a somebody or some firm in the Limerick area, tol wash windows and clean out and wash gutters?

Very hard to find someone for this at the minute a guy recommended on another thread in this forum never turned up so here's hoping we can get another

Thanks for that.

Hopefully, I will manage to find somebody and if I do, I will post the details here.

A few days ago, I saw a man ascending a ladder near my house, and rushed over to sign him up, only to discover (to his amusement) that he was installing a satellite dish.

My wife suggested I might have asked bim to have a go at gutters and windows anyway considering he had the ladders with him, but even I decided that I had made enough of a fool of myself for one day,

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,677 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

I did have a recommendation for Glanog, used them last year and found them excellent, but when I tried contacting them last week, I got only an answering machine, and no call-back unfortunately.
    We used Boss Cleaning Services last year. Everyone else seemed too busy to answer the phone and these guys answered email and everything.

Hi

Thanks very much for that information.

I will contact them immediately and really do appreciate your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭dashoonage

I need a sparky to come and look at some sensor lights at my won gaf and the parents place, both close to each other. Not a standard light, 3 pir's and 3 lights on the one loop, they are stuck on in both locations and ive tried all the usual tricks. i think i need new PIR's

any suggestions ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

Hi

Thanks very much for that information.

I will contact them immediately and really do appreciate your help.

Are you based in the city?

Is it an average size house?

I have ladders and usually do my own. Would have no bother popping over some Saturday or Sunday and will do it for free if you hold the ladder.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ChewBerecca

Anyone got any recommendations for wooden flooring around Limerick/Munster? Suppliers and fitters.

Just realised I'll need to rip up the carpet and potentially lay wooden floors in the bedroom before the bed goes in with our new house

Anyone got any recommendations for wooden flooring around Limerick/Munster? Suppliers and fitters.

PFL Raheen Ind Est they can recommend someone to fit also

Nolans in Newport. James is a good guy and have used him a number of times over the years.

I'm told Engineered wood is the way to go now for flooring.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Berty wrote: »
    Nolans in Newport. James is a good guy and have used him a number of times over the years.

I'm told Engineered wood is the way to go now for flooring.
    Can +1 Nolans. Purchased from them recently and they fitted too - although the fitting charge was a little on the expensive side, it was a good job.

Thanks for your very kind offer.

I had made contact with Glanog again - it seems I may have had an old number, so somebody in Limerick is still wondering why he got my message to please come out and wash my windows for me!

Thanks for all the assistance and advice. Much appreciated,

I am looking for a good painter to do the outside of a house (Raheen area), and some rooms inside.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

I am looking for a good painter to do the outside of a house (Raheen area), and some rooms inside.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

0857616839 is a guy from Poland who has done a lot of work for friends and family of mine. His name is Magic.

Thanks for that.

Last time I got the same job done, it was also a Polish painter who did an excellent job - but whose name and phone number I have since lost!

Who knows - could be the same person!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,671 ✭✭✭✭phog

Is it possible to have double glazing repaired? I think the gas has escaped and the glass is now fogged up form the inside. Or do I need to have the glass removed and refitted? Any recommendations on who could do it for me?

Advertisement