Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars episode VIII The last Jedi

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Not necessarily. I doubt they will kill him off (yet). Jedi can be singular or plural. It could refer to Luke, it could refer to the pairing of Luke and Rey, and it could also involve Kylo Ren somehow also, who was probably a Jedi at some stage, at least in training.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Fox Hound

I personally cant wait for this Movie!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Evilsbane

I think Luke really will be the last Jedi. Rey will be something new.

Evilsbane wrote: »
    I think Luke really will be the last Jedi. Rey will be something new.
    using the Darksaber perhaps

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Episode 7 bored me, but Rogue one has got me excited again.
    I feel Reys ability with the force was so over powered, there was no real excitement to it. The only character that had any sort of presence was General Hux.
    For me the hero was just to strong and the villain was so weak

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

They are getting fair mileage out of these. When will folks tire of them, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭DrWu

In Revenge of the Sith, Palpatine names Darth Vader, however the name is whispered to him just before he says it. I wonder could this be Snoke?

I can hear it...interesting take on it, But I am pretty sure its just Vader getting used to the new breathing machine

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭DrWu

The scene takes place much earlier in the movie. It's just after Windu is killed, so Anakin is still in one piece and kneeling before Palpatine in his office.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭onmebike

DrWu wrote: »
    In Revenge of the Sith, Palpatine names Darth Vader, however the name is whispered to him just before he says it. I wonder could this be Snoke?

I always thought this was just a sick-sounding inhale. I.e. Darth...<inhale for dramatic effect>...Vader.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,270 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Spoiler pictures ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 12,270 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

I read today that they are apparently making a new trilogy with the Skywalkers after The Last Jedi. Also a live action tv show. So interesting times

It's the opposite actually. Rian Johnson is heading a new Star Wars trilogy, which is "separate from the episodic Skywalker saga" - as quoted from the starwars.com site. You're right though. Exciting times. I just hope they don't Marvel it, and release too much to the point where it's just too much. I burned out on Marvel around Avengers 2, and Daredevil Season 2 - while I've kept up with the movies, I still have Luke Cage, Iron Fist, The Defenders on my backlog, and they will probably stay there for a long, long while.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,218 ✭✭✭✭Victor

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

Assume this is the right place to talk/rant about The Last Jedi?
    It's bad. Not phantom menace bad but not far off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

There is a more active thread in the Films forum.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=105600910

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Remouad wrote: »

Also what didn't you like about it ?
    I can understand a lot of people are disappointed - I am one of them, but still the positives outweigh the negatives - although some of these negatives still seem unforgivable for me.

Remouad wrote: »

Ah it's really not.

I think people are most disappointed that it didn't conform to their expectations, and play on obvious story threads. Overall, I left it confused, but overall, enjoyed it. Were there things I would have changed? Yes (particularly the end scene), but I definitely did would not go as far as Phantom Menace bad. It's closer to Revenge of the Sith in terms of my favourites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

With the thread on the films board it's hard to get into or read discussion of what it means for the characters and bigger star wars story as a whole.

Just pages and pages of Like v Dislike discussion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Watching all the making of docos and deleted scenes. Man this is the stuff I really really love.

So awesome.

Saving the Director and the Jedi til last.

Cannot wait to get to get this set.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭corkie

"He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him! I'll chase him round the moons of Nibia and round the Antares maelstrom and round perdition's flames before I give him up!" - Khan quoting Moby Dick (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,902 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

corkie wrote: »

It would have been better than what we got, but even that script falls short in many ways. No Anakin for one, he's the central character of the entire series imo. He should've been the one to talk with Ben to bring him back to the light. Surely the whole concept a Yoda like mentor for Sidious flies in the face of everything that's been established to date?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭corkie

Must have posted about the wrong movie (IX) in this thread 2 years ago?

Star Wars: Rian Johnson Supports Detailed The Last Jedi Defense

Star Wars: The Last Jedi writer-director Rian Johnson gives his endorsement to a detailed defense of the movie from its most common criticisms.

Although the discussion surrounding Star Wars: The Last Jedi never really died down, it's experiencing a level of resurgence thanks to the release of Obi-Wan Kenobi. Narratively, there's really no direct connection between the Lucasfilm projects, since they take place in two different time settings and feature different characters. But, the Disney+ series is evoking a parallel between ....

Spoilers for Obi-Wan Kenobi series in the SR link.

"He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him! I'll chase him round the moons of Nibia and round the Antares maelstrom and round perdition's flames before I give him up!" - Khan quoting Moby Dick (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan)

Advertisement