Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tindie Recently seen horror movies!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

Rogue River (2012)

Marra is of to scattering her father ashes at a remote part of Oregon's beautiful Rogue River.

She is interrupted by some stranger and then finds that car as be taken away.

The stranger then takes to his house with his girlfriends and they both tell her to stay their for night.

This movie just felt really boring, I didn't really find it all that intense at all but they did try to make a bit, I don't think worked out that well at all.

I found the whole movie very predicable as knew already what going to happen and how the movie was going to end way before the ending of the movie.

The acting wasn't bad at all, some decent acting from most of cast, I did laugh some scenes, I not sure why!

4 out of 10

The Devil's Carnival (2012)

I not fan of Musical horror, i just about like The Nightmare before
    Xmas, it was one of the only musical movies that I liked.

i Liked the open scenes of this movie, 3 different people, who are
    being asked to open the door.

Then soon end up in very strange place and get even stranger, when this
    weird stranger people start to dance and sing in the movie.

There might be some catching tunes in this movie, that may stay in back
    head for few days after seeing this movie and I didn't like some songs
    at all, found very dull, there some decent singer in this movie, so it
    not too forced

I did seem to drift away from time to time while watching this movie as
    never kept hooked as the little plot this movie had moved very slowly.

The acting was really good this movie, which I Did not expect, it was
    fun watch that for sure and it dose go on for too long to repeat same
    thing for short run time

I give 5 out of 10

Rise of the Animals (2012)
    )

I could not stop laughing though out this movie, not cause the jokes were funny but the movie is self was so awful on so many levels it was about Hilariousness bad

This movie was very bloody and there lots Bloody moment in this movie was the good think about this movie

The rest of the movie was just.....

The animals attack were so bad, they are stuffed up animals attacking people and if not stuffed up there are some really bad effects, it's has to some of the worst effect I have ever seen in this movie, which make this movie even more laughable.

The acting in this movie is also really horrendous form most of the cast in the movie.

I swear, I don't what to rate this 1 out of 10 for being one the worst movies ever or 10 out of 10 for one the funniest movie I have sat thought.

The Dead Want Women (2012) (V)

There first half of the movie is the back story of Lady who seem to being having a party.

I then find out she been rejected and that to kill everyone shoot everyone in that room with a gun.

There was some nudity scenes in first half of hour of the movie not much in the second half of the movie.

The start of movie was based 1920's and Decades after, 2 Girl who planing the selling this house.

Get caught up then those Dead Men from past come back to haunt them,

I thought the make up effect were not too bad,they could have them bit more scary there they were.

The acting not that bad, I was expected very bad acting, it not un- watchable.

The movie was very boring thought, I was again drifting away from time to time, while watching this movie.

3 out of 10

Zombies Vs. Strippers (2012)

This is yet another full moon picture, I still think was tiny improvement on The Dead want women.

They could have this movie at more funny then it was, well did make me laugh one or twice.

The rest of the jokes felt way to force and they lost or the funniest even before the jokes ended

For a zomebie this movie wasn't as gory as I thought it would be and there zombie make up effect didn't look that good at all.

The first of half the movie was very boring as it got to know this people are who were all very annoying.

The acting he want to expect from this movie not good at all but it's not unwatched -able

I am giving giving this movie 2 out of 10 caused it made me laugh twice with two decent jokes.

• Advertisement

Greystone Park (2012) think is also know as The Asylum Tapes (UK title)

I don normal mind these Hand-Held Camera/Documentary Horror, I seat thought a number of them, Yeah some movies are good and some are really bad and boring.

But this movie I found everything to be very annoying from the start first of the movie is too dark, that can't seem to see what the hell is going on.

For few moment I thought I sat on the remote and turn TV off by mistake but I Know i didn't cause these banging noise now and again coming form the TV black screen,

If wasn't the Darkness of movie, it very annoying fizzing pictures that come on way to often in this movie, This movie just came a really bad headache.

The part of the movie you can actually see in the movie is last 2 minutes of the movie, which was only decent part of the movie that may someone Jump if this was their first horror movie and the ending was very predicable and boring.

I don't if the acting was good or bad as I couldn't really tell but scripts were really bad too.

Quote from the movie Anyone who goes into this building ends up going mad!

Which should be change Anyone who see this movie will end up getting a mad headache!

1 out of 10

The Fugue (2012) It took a while to remember the name of this movie then, I total forgot the name of the movie. (I only saw this less then 48 hours ago!)

This is a very low budget movie, it felt like one those home made you tube videos, yet some of those clips were better filmed then this movie.

This girl is jogging and talks to stranger and then stranger attack her (Meanwhile she is be investigative by someone)

But turn what see is not what we should believe in and they stop the well, this funny silly dark ghost comes of well and pull the man in but then it turns out that not truth at all, cause there was no ghost, only the girl!

I was total confused what the hell was happening in this movie and they as the movie goes its' get even more confusing and no they don't once make is clear!

The acting was very weak and very felt very staged like.

A Waste of time!
    1 out 10

The Lost Episode (2012) aka "Pennhurst"

I thought this movie was going to be one of those Hand-Held Camera but however they try to make it out it is like ones of those movies.

I thought the plot was okay, they had decent idea of twist in this movie, even thought twist is very predicable from start of the movie.

Number of people go to this building to film before they go into the building this tall guy tells not to go in and yet he goes in there with them.

Thought out the movie loud noise and people screaming and the mad doctor is stalking this place after all these year!

One by one they all getting killed by this made doctor in this haunted place, torture scenes were really badly done too.

The movie was very boring and wasn't actually stopped watching the movie, while cleaning up and having this on in the back ground for most of time.

The acting in this movie was really bad, it had laughing for most of the times, when the over act the lines

2 out 10

Backslasher (Video 2012)

This as got to be one of worst acting movie I ever seem, I was thinking of turn it the movie of just after 5 minutes in the acting was really bad and then acting just got even worse and makes this movie Very Un-watch-able

As I did't see the full movie I don't think I will even try to watch this movie, as I don't there enough beer in world to seat thought this movie.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Tindie you really do watch your fair share of awful films!

I usually stick to my rule that if a film has a score of less than 4.5 on IMDB after 100 votes or more then I don't watch it.

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Tindie you really do watch your fair share of awful films!

I usually stick to my rule that if a film has a score of less than 4.5 on IMDB after 100 votes or more then I don't watch it.

I just watch, what sounds like something I might enjoy,I don't always go by IMDB Rating as I really enjoyed Deadly Eyes (1982) which 3.3 IMBD I gave 8 out of 10 and Amityville: Dollhouse (Video 1996) which also i 3.8 i gave 8 out of 10. Crocodile 2: Death Swamp (2002) 3.5 which I gave 6 out of 10.

I thought these were a lot of fun to watch and do and will watch again, really depends on the movie sounds like, not matter what the ratting on IMBD site.

All that really matter is about own opinion on a movie.

The movies I have seen this week1

Rammbock: Berlin Undead (2010)

This is so know siege of the dead (2010) is low budget infected movie from Germany.

I did not expect much from this movie at all but turn out to be surprising good.

Michael as come to see his girlfriend in Berlin but then he finds out that people have infected by this unknown virus. This is only 59 minutes long, just under an hour, this movie was really fast paced and some really good decent tense moment in this movie as well.

The infected were really welled acted and liked the whole foaming thing from mouth and this movie wasn't really gory at all, the bite moment that looked nasty but nothing liked head being torn at all of shot in head.

I really liked the idea of flashes from the camera that was nice turn for the infected movies and there was surprising moment in this movie that I didn't see coming at all,

I really liked that scene. Great acting from the whole but I not sure what of stranger infected hugging Scenes,

I am giving this movie 8 out of 10

Cockneys vs Zombies (2012) :D

This as to be one of the best zombies movies I have seen in long time, ones of the funniest zombies movie I ever seen.

I really liked how the movie showed how the whole thing started as most of times movies don't normal show you as it started .

I cannot remember the last time I laughed so much in horror movie, I thought this movie was absolutely Hilarious from start to end of the movie,

there were great really funny jokes in this movie that worked really well and don't fall flat at all.

There were very decent gory moments in this movie that some of the gory will be over the top to make look really funny at the same times.

I thought acting was really good from most of the cast, there were some over the top acting scenes of from some people in the movie but that down side of the movie to me.

I loved this movie!

I am giving this movie 9 out of 10

• Advertisement

DeadHeads (2011)

This was nice twist on zombie movies, Which I don't think it's be done before but I found the first half the movie very funny at times.

As the movies goes on, I didn't really find some of the jokes that funny at all, I got really bored in the middle of the movie.

I didn't really thing the movie was that gory at all for a zombie movie, there maybe body Parts being pulled there some strange moment were zombie guts were used as a rope

The acting was really good from the whole

6 out of 10

"Jigoku Kôshien" /Battlefield Baseball (2003)

I don't what to make of this movie, it as got to be one of the most strangest, weediest horror comedy movie I have ever seen.

The plot to this Battlefield Baseball is a tough game--it doesn't end until all the members on the opposing team are dead. In this game the Gedo High team is composed of blue-faced zombies, and their opponents on the Seido High team know they don't have a chance at beating them

This movie like no other zombies, I have seen, the first part of the movie is with about the headmaster who is coaching baseball team, They going face the same Zombie team who killed his players in the last time,

which we see before the titles.
    We do get see one gory death on scenes but all we see is the aftermath of the dead body parts torn off all over the place, he hated the fact it's same team again.

He one of funniest people in the movie, he had me laughing a number of times

also a New kids as come to the school who seem to be really good at baseball but he stopped playing and then he explains though song , yes a song!, how his dad died, in a very funny song!

As this movies goes on, it's gets weird and wearied and never stops at all until very last scene of the movie.

There some really funny moment in this movie, that I could not stop laughing and great jokes as well, worked really well. and I loved the ending of the movie, thought really classic ending and very funny!

The most bizarre, Horror, Comedy and I never seen anything liked this before!
    I give this 9 out of 10

Long Weekend (1978)

Huge fan of killer animal movies and this as been on watch list for a few years, I really looking forward to this and the remake, I was going to watch them back to back.

This movie takes while to getting going, I don't mind some slow build up unless there go some where.

I found most of this movie very boring, the couple were very annoying, who could not care less if they were killed by these animals.

I Felt bored and frustrated throughout the movie, even Animals attacks scenes will really dull, Could have been done better!

I don't think acting the was bad, why would make two couple so annoying they you wish they do get killed.

The last scenes was bloody Joke, it's actually funny!

3 out of 10

Long Weekend (2008) (This is a Remake of Long Weekend (1978)

The movies 93 % scene from scenes remake, with some twigs here and there in the movie.

I was not fan of the 1978 movies at all, I found it very boring and dull, I thought the remake would be better, I do think remake was little better then the old one.

I liked how they didn't didn't really drag the first 30 minutes and start movie faster pace the the fist movie, also enjoyed some scenes they added in this movie, I thought it was very decent scenes.

The couple in this movie are not very nice people at all, the nasty one and another and mother nature, I could not get less if they were killed or attacked.

The original had one think this movie never had was some good actors, Annyoing but they could act unlike this actors who were really wooden in most scenes,

The ending of the movie, I thought the ending oringal was funny, this one even funnier and bit more gory as well/

Cat People (1942)

First watch, I have seen remake a few times, which i liked but i not seen the remake for while now, I will be re-watching that again this weekend.

It's took while to get into this movie, I just could not get into the movie at all, I found most of the movie very dull and boring.

There were a few intruding moment that enjoyed here and thee but they were to far apart of each other and I didn't really find anything really creepy for most of the movie untill after 50 mintues of mark of the movie, were we finally get some creepy feel to the movie, that was decent scenes.

I really enjoyed that last few scenes in the movie, I thought it felt really rushed and some effect do look a out dated now , well it's 70 year old movie, it will feel bit out dated.

The acting was really good from the whole cast.

I giving this movie 5 out of 10

The Blob (1958) In Colour .

Not all that bad from black and white Colour, it worked better here, then The Night of the living dead (1968), which was better to see in Black and white.

I really enjoyed this movie, it was a lot of fun and there were some really good decent funny moment in this B-movie and the movie was really paced well, a lot stuff happens and never dull moment to take you off screen.,

The only think that annoyed me a little boy, it so annoying the way he spoke were so bad, it liked it was forced,
    Other wises the acting was really good from the whole cast!

I really enjoyed this b-,movie I going to give it 7 out of 10

Two Thousand Maniacs! (1964)

This is yet another first watch, I not sure what to make of this movie, It might be one of earliest gory movies in horror, not first!

A number of people end in up in crazy town, that the town say the treat them not king and queens, to keen them happy but the truth is that , the town watched them, killed .

First death was did look a bit silly now, with that silly hand that northing like human arm, who get tell the arm was from manquie what ever they called.

The rest of the deaths scene were okay but very strangely, they cut away from deaths scenes that being done done but we see the aftermath.

Some death aftermaths dose not seem to makes sense at all, I Didn't really liked how the movie ended at all.

This movie just very stranger not in good way, I thought was really good.

i give it 5 out of 10

I Saw what you did (1965)

I really enjoyed this movie, the whole movie was really well paced, I did think the plot was little thin for to as long as this movie but it turn to about to really good.

Libby and Kit are doing a number of prank phones call as the messing as they got house by them self, these girl start pranks Saying I saw what you did.

The person they end up calling as done something really bad and he what to know he knew what he did.

I love decent amout of build up to some scenes in the movie, were really effecting and there was very good tense moment in this movie, that have some great atmosphere in then,

The acting in this movie was really good from the whole and I thought the ending was decent, not bad at all, i thougth it would have had a much better ending.

I did like the fact the movie End of the line instead of The End, I don't think spoilers lol

7 out of 10 really good!

I spit on your Grave (1978)

I have tired to watch this ones before but I did put on last in day to watch also this movie dose take while to getting.

The first 20 mins were a little boring and nothing much really happened but after half hour into movie, the rest of the movie very well paced, no boring moment in last hour of the movie.

This movie did seem borrow little from The Last house on left, as revenge after being raped scene was not gruesome but it was still hard to watch at times.

The deaths scenes were not bad but I did expect more painful deaths in this movie and some bloody moment in this movie nothing really gory.

The acting was really good from the whole cast, I felt sorry for the girl and I hated those guys, wanted them suffer more then they did.

Decent movie, One time watch movie.

7 out of 10

Tindie wrote: »
    Two Thousand Maniacs! (1964)

This is yet another first watch, I not sure what to make of this movie, It might be one of earliest gory movies in horror, not first!

A number of people end in up in crazy town, that the town say the treat them not king and queens, to keen them happy but the truth is that , the town watched them, killed .

First death was did look a bit silly now, with that silly hand that northing like human arm, who get tell the arm was from manquie what ever they called.

The rest of the deaths scene were okay but very strangely, they cut away from deaths scenes that being done done but we see the aftermath.

Some death aftermaths dose not seem to makes sense at all, I Didn't really liked how the movie ended at all.

This movie just very stranger not in good way, I thought was really good.

i give it 5 out of 10

2001 Maniacs (2005)

This is a lot different of that The original and this movie a lot more campy then I thought it was going to be and Don't think The original was even that campy, it did feel a little bit more serious.

This movie filled was filled a number of annoying horny teenagers (Who can not act to save their lives, really wooden acting form this youngers) found it town and course just like The original they killed one by one.

The kills in this movie, was a lot more gory in this remake, I really liked some of the death in scenes movie and some of have just a little funny as well

I didn't mind how they changed the ending of movie a little but preferred The original ending better, I just found ending to be really funny, I felt like I watching wrong turn movie.

And some parts of the movie, not all, The scripts was really poor at times, it just the stuff these people were just right for things that happen in those scenes.

4 out of 10

I Saw What You Did (1988)

This actually a TV remake, The plot some-what the same but there a lot different from movies.

This was felt little more face paced the the older black and white movie but I didn't really find any of these movie that creepy at the whole.

First i just found some of the script in this movie was ever weak, Some lines in this movie don't make sense at all. I Know it TV movie, Come on.

The acting in this movie was not that good at all, I thought everyone acting in this movie very wooden from most of the cast.

I not sure what to think of that cheap ending at all if wanted to get scared of that it was wrong done and it didn't work, I found that last scenes really silly.

Not near as good as The original

As this was TV remake there are rumors of yet another remake of this.

• Advertisement

The Blob (1988)

Now this is what you call a great remake, I didn't think it would be as good as the old one but WOW.

I liked liked how this movie kind of change some of the story, and this blob was a lot more scary and Gooey-er .

The effect in this movies, I so great, I was shocked at almost every deaths scenes in this movie, loved each one.

Also liked how they some scenes from original and made it their own at the same time.

I wasn't to keen on ending, I just that was not need in this movie.

Great fun movie, Awesome remake

9 out of 10 ,

I spit on your Grave (2010)

I not really sure what to make of this movie, well I did think it would be a lot better then the original.

I didn't think the original was great but it did have it moment in the the movie but me this remake to felt a little bland, I mostly bored though tout the whole movie.

I felt the build to rape was far to long and very boring, the rape scenes was still hard to watch but I didn't think it was as effecting as the original and I didn't really how they kind of adding bad cop to mix, felt like more Texas chainsaw series think to do.

I not sure make of the boys who were forced to do what he did, I we meant to forgive because getting these flashbacks and seeing the girl, I could give a Toss about how feel, he what he did, end of , I not going to even think of feel sorry for him.

The kills in this movie, were nasty and times but they took way to long on the deaths scenes, took away the shock or gross factor they wanted to have but I think failed in both.

I think the bathtub death in original was more shocking then brutal in original, you don't get anything like that in this movie, someone dose the same way in this remake but not shocking enough to gross out and he not in bathtub

The main probably for me was the made lead actress, I just could not connect with her at all, I could not feel sorry for me, I don't know it was really bad acting she was doing, the most of scene felt really forced and the some of weakest moment are the kills scene.

I didn't really fact the movie ending seconds after last death scenes, I wish we had bit more for ending, a lot build at start, which bored and then rushed up ending.

4 out of 10

cat People (1982) This my 3 or 4 re-watch movie,

I saw Cat People (1942) for first last week , which I thought was decent and I did not think it was that great but this 1982 one, I thought was great!

I really enjoyed the whole of movie, granted the movie could have been little shorter as the were saw calm moment that took bit to long but that my only complaint,

The rest of the movie was really well paced and I loved some of bloody moment in this movie, it was very nasty and bloody at times.
    I love the transformation scenes was ace,

I loved that scenes great effect in this movie and I liked how they made this remake more of there

and some little nod to the The original like the swimming pool scenes but I do think The original was bit more creepy in that but for me that only decent part in the The original,

Really great acting from the whole cast

8 out of 10

Village of the Damned (1960)

I have tired to watch this one before but I just could not get into at time so, I gave this movie another go

I thought it was decent movie, it had some really good creepy moment with kid scenes but the rest of the movie did little tame at times.

I really enjoyed last 20 mixtures of movie and number of things gong at the same time but I wish there more to the aftermath of movie. just to end it after that.

The acting was decent from the whole cast

5 out of 10

When A stranger calls (This is second I have tried get into this movie, I just can't seem get into this movie at all, I will be giving this a go today and remake as well

Carrie (2002) I also been reading the book and I so gave this movie another watch.

I really enjoyed - Min-in -series that turned into a movie, I thought add a lot of decent stuff that missing from the first movie

I really the whole movie and liked the interview parts of the movie as well, they well made at and pace wasn't to bad at all

Some of effect of the movie were a little odd in this movie but i don't think there were that bad at all and acting was really good from most of the cast some wooden acting from some cast.

i was a little disspoting they didn't follow the book again and I didn't really like how this movie ended at all.

This was decent movie 6 out of 10 not as good as the first one but this a is a lot more closer to the book!

When A stranger calls (1979)

I have tired to watch this movie twice before, I just could fully get into the movie.

I really enjoyed the first half of movie, there were decent creepy scenes in this movie, and nice way of making you jump even when nothing much it going on.

What did not like about this movie is that middle part of the movie, I was really bored and some scenes kinda of drag on and on, I bored to death, I made turn the last two times .

Then it's picks up again after slow middle part of the movie and the last 20 mins of the movie really good and it finally grab back into the movie again.

There were very good scene and very well paced in later part of the movie and some really good tense moment in near just like the movie started.

The last scene in the movie was perfect, I love had everything from creepy, tension and shocking moment and really well acted.

6 out of 10

Village of the Damned (1995)

Frist of all, I Don't The original was even that good but at least kept in in and moved forward and at more creepy feel to the movie.

I did think movie would be better as John Carpenter did this remake, So I looking forward to it but soon as the movie started I knew this movie not going to be good.

I didn't really like how they kinda chnage the story and gave really lame back story to kids being bored, there not one moment did have this kids creepy or scary at all, it was tame from start to end and never feel moved forward as the movie was such their

I thought this was going to be a lot more better, so how they about to die, we actually see the death scenes in this movie, seen before and the aftermath but not when happens, it cuts way to the kids was lights in there eyes.

The acting was really wooden by some of the main cast, I don't maybe they took make this more main stream movie,

I think must worst John carpenter movie but a least movie wasn't boring, it maybe a little intruded how the movie going pan out, even that ending was a load of rubbish.

2 out of 10

When a Stranger call (2006)

Well, What I find odd that, It took me 3 times to see The original in full but this remake, watched in one full sitting.

So the start of original movie as expected for most of the movie, we also get little story of murder before and then Girl ends up baby sitting we also get she little bit about self before she goes into the house.

While she was house for first 15 mins with walking around with some noise here and there, I thought there were some decent suspens moment there but then when Friends end ups breaking in, with out even knowing.

After the movie kind of lost suspense it had and just got little boring until the latter part of the movie, when things start to happen and I do think Music should have been added to those scenes, It kinda took the esge of those scenes away.

Well the last scenes from the movie were really pointless and didn't really add anything to the movie, only one lame scace scene was not even real.

The acting was not great but it more then watch -able, so it not really bad.

I had some mixed feeling the original, I didn't think was great but still better then remake which also had it moment here and there.

4 out of 10

The Wolf Man (1941)

I saw this over the week end, As grew up with Wear wolf movies from 80's as I wasn't sure if I would be into this movie.

I actually liked how the movie started with book it was nice touch and really good as it was PG movie I didn't expect it to me scary or creepy at all.

I liked the fact the movie wasn't that long. so i didn't drag any scenes for too and I find the movie really entertaining from start to end

The acting was really good in scenes some, there were some scenes that looked little stranger , maybe they looked little out dated.

I didn't mind how the wear-wolf hair face effect wasn't to bad at all.

I going give this movie 7 out of 10

The Wolfman (2010)

I didn't think I would like this movie as I am not keen on Hammer movies that why it's taken me this long to watch this movie and I got to say WOW, I loved this movie.

As soon as the movie started I was already sold, I loved the opening scenes of the movie, really well done.

There some great tense moment in this movie and I really liked the flash back as well, fitted in well with rest of the movie.

I loved the gory death in this movie and I didn't even think this movie will have any blood at all and the effect were really good.

I really the most of the movie until that wolf fight scenes, which I didn't really liked and find silly some odd effect in that parts of the movie, the only down side of the movie.

The acting was really good from the whole and I love transformations was really good.

8 out of 10, Awesome remake,

• Advertisement

Funny Games (1997)

This is my first time watch , I thought it would have been a lot better then it was.

it took me a while to get into the movie and there were really good tense moment here and there movie.

I do feel the movie was little to long for this kinda of movie, there were some scenes that drag for bit to long

I didn't really liked how the story and the movie came to a end.

I really hated the whole re-winding scenes. it's just felt wrong and out of the blue, it didn't fit in well with the rest of the movie

The acting was really good from the whole cast was and Subtitle really well done to.

I going to give this movie a 6 out of 10!

How the remake?

Advertisement