Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Limerick Businesses Closed V 2.0 [Mod note post 1]

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Bargain books on Thomas Street is closing down!

Is it actually closing this time? I'm sure I've seen "Closing Down Sale" signs there before!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Is it actually closing this time? I'm sure I've seen "Closing Down Sale" signs there before!

Well, they've new signs up.

And I overheard the woman who works there in O'Briens saying they'll probably just get Christmas out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Could be a tylers shoes(where burger kng is now), had a closing down sale and signs for almost 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Could be a tylers shoes(where burger kng is now), had a closing down sale and signs for almost 2 years.

And FCUK almost had closing down signs up before it even opened.
    It's renamed something else now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Not sure if mentioned but the jean scene in parkway is closing down in January

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

campo wrote: »
    Not sure if mentioned but the jean scene in parkway is closing down in January

As is Zenab (the place that went into the old No Name unit)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

ironically enough theres a shop on cruises street called "closing down"... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    As is Zenab (the place that went into the old No Name unit)

No dont think that is the place this is the unisex shop next to that little cafe they are having a big closing down sale at the moment ( some good stuff too I picked up some t-shirts for 3e each )

campo wrote: »
    No dont think that is the place this is the unisex shop next to that little cafe they are having a big closing down sale at the moment ( some good stuff too I picked up some t-shirts for 3e each )

Zenab is definately closing down anyway, was told by staff.

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Zenab is definately closing down anyway, was told by staff.

Don't they have two shops in the parkway?
    One clothes, the other a poundshop type shop?

• Advertisement

Don't they have two shops in the parkway?
    One clothes, the other a poundshop type shop?

Yup! Dunno about the other place though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Sykes in Shannon is closing too, just saw it on RTE.ie. Not limerick but provides a lot of employment in the area

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭gaf1983

Sykes in Shannon is closing too, just saw it on RTE.ie. Not limerick but provides a lot of employment in the area

That's a massive loss - 100 jobs.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/1201/jobs-business.html

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Isnt that old news though?? They started letting people go last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭golden8

Mc Love wrote: »
    Isnt that old news though?? They started letting people go last year.

No its not old news. They did let temporary staff go last year since they lost a contract.

They only found out yesterday that they were going to be let go.

golden8 wrote: »
    No its not old news. They did let temporary staff go last year since they lost a contract.

They only found out yesterday that they were going to be let go.

Apologies, I was told last year that there were letting people go because they were leaving Shannon to go somewhere cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Mc Love wrote: »
    Apologies, I was told last year that there were letting people go because they were leaving Shannon to go somewhere cheaper.
    AFAIK, the whole lot is closing down. There was about 100 left after the last announcement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 millold

Pop up shops in the parkway are actually undermining existing stores,mad management or what?I have heard zenab,jeanscene,and the cafe is to close?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

millold wrote: »
    Pop up shops in the parkway are actually undermining existing stores,mad management or what?I have heard zenab,jeanscene,and the cafe is to close?

Zenab are; gf used to work there and they were doing nothing, and the lot that all quit are warning whoever hires, not to take the job because of the way the management treated them :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭skyline1515

The management in the parkway s.c so not care about their tenants, the open pop up shops to rival existing tenants that have been paying rent during the quite times and banking on the christmas shopping season to make money, i give the place less than a year to become a ghost s.c:eek:

The paper shop in the parkway is closing soon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

The paper shop in the parkway is closing soon.

The one near gamestop??

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭skyline1515

The last day of trading is tuesday AFAIK,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Jofspring

NinjaK wrote: »
    The one near gamestop??

There's a paper shop near gamestop?

Isn't the paper shop the newsagents next to Lifestyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,148 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Jofspring wrote: »
    There's a paper shop near gamestop?

Isn't the paper shop the newsagents next to Lifestyle.

Parkway Shopping Centre..........................:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 millold

Paper shop closing next wednesday,followed by stove,rug,coffee shop,and pop up tack shop...maybe they will turn that side of the parkway in to a bowling alley

• Registered Users Posts: 26,148 ✭✭✭✭Berty

millold wrote: »
    Paper shop closing next wednesday,followed by stove,rug,coffee shop,and pop up tack shop...maybe they will turn that side of the parkway in to a bowling alley

Or a hotel like the planning they were looking for. :D

Stove shop was never going to last. That's not a snide comment either. It was always going to be a Autumn/Winter thing to be fair.

Rug place though. My mother only just bought some carpet from there, good price and fitting only €50. Can't blame them for trying. :(

Tack shop? Which shop is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,739 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Which cafe is it that's going from the Parkway? The Italian place next to Claire's or the other one?

• Advertisement

Its very hard for business to survive these days. Just from looking at the independents in the city, I wouldnt say they are even breaking even these days with the rents they have to pay.

Advertisement