Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

New cafe called "Caffe Waffe" open on Lower Mallow Street.

Serves Waffles. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

foinse wrote: »
    Why does Limerick need so many kebab shops?

I guess we're a hungry bunch?! :p Looks better than a boarded up unit though, so the more the merrier as far as I'm concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,148 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Cherrycoke wrote: »
    I guess we're a hungry bunch?! :p Looks better than a boarded up unit though, so the more the merrier as far as I'm concerned.

Hmmmm Casa Nova. Kebab and Garlic Cheese Bread. Nyom Nyom Nyom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

New cafe called "Caffe Waffe" open on Lower Mallow Street.

Serves Waffles. :)

mmmmm likes the sound of that..

As for Kebabs the turkas place by the market is lovely imo.
    I've become a kebab addict so all good in my book.

Have tried the dingy looking place on Ellen street, wasnt great,.

Any others worth a shot?

vkid wrote: »
    Have tried the dingy looking place on Ellen street, wasnt great,.

:confused: That didn't put you off. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Kennedy O'Briens wasn't sold. Just leased.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭gavney1

Denim Bar. New Mens clothing store, on william st beside Guineys

20% off anything if you print off flyer from the facebook page or say the secret password

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Berty wrote: »
    :confused: That didn't put you off. :confused:

yeah it did but a few people said it was good. Shoulda known better

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Just to bump the thread in case any people know of other places opening around, and to let people know that Supervalu in Corbally is undergoing a revamp this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,638 ✭✭✭✭phog

Passed the service station out the dock road on Saturday and the place seems to be getting ready to re-open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Cloud89

phog wrote: »
    Passed the service station out the dock road on Saturday and the place seems to be getting ready to re-open.

That is Costello Fuels that was down behind the old O 'Rourkes( Coca Cola shop), It is just moving up the road to get the passing trade. The entry into the place seemed awkward enough with the traffic light. Nice to see it finnaly cleaned up. Do not believe think two fuel places will last together side by side.

Cloud89 wrote: »
    That is Costello Fuels that was down behind the old O 'Rourkes( Coca Cola shop), It is just moving up the road to get the passing trade. The entry into the place seemed awkward enough with the traffic light. Nice to see it finnaly cleaned up. Do not believe think two fuel places will last together side by side.

So much so that they put up a sign(council) saying you must go to the roundabout and come back to enter. As we know, though, people do not read or take heed of signs and would have turned anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,293 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Café Kaos at the milkmarket open thursdays-sundays till 6pm... Not sure what time they open at but they serve coffee from badger and dodo http://www.badgeranddodo.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

I was in Trinty Rooms yesterday at lunch time and they seem to have relaunched as a sandwich bar. You pay per ingredient, e.g. ciabatta bread €1, meat €1, fillings 25c, looks v good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Not sure if it will create any more jobs or anything but its "Striker" that appears to be expanding and getting the back of the old Banta/Global Turnkey building ready to use.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

there was something about Stryker in the Leader few weeks ago - they are moving things around in their main plant for a 35m investment. I don't remember them saying anything about more jobs though at least it'll mean some money being spend in the local environment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Jofspring

there was something about Stryker in the Leader few weeks ago - they are moving things around in their main plant for a 35m investment. I don't remember them saying anything about more jobs though at least it'll mean some money being spend in the local environment.

Ya 30m+ more to be invested in Stryker if i remember correctly. The funny thing about that article is the local politicans and papers constantly complain about Limerick getting a bad name but on the day that article (which looked like a very positive thing for Limerick) was in the leader it was a small snippet at the side of the front page but the big article taking up nearly the whole front page was about two gangland members being killed in a crash during a case from the gardai.

Also a new tattoo shop has just opened on Davis Street. Devils Ink (Old Peter Pan Shop)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eyebrows63

the mucky duck is set to reopen:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

eyebrows63 wrote: »
    the mucky duck is set to reopen:eek:

Doing a deal on shots?

They would blow the head off ya though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

phill106 wrote: »
    Doing a deal on shots?

They would blow the head off ya though.

what and where is the mucky duck?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eyebrows63

what and where is the mucky duck?

the mucky duck is a high class bar/ lounge located on nicholas street:D

eyebrows63 wrote: »
    the mucky duck is a high class bar/ lounge located on nicholas street:D

It was strictly members only though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭adaminho

Anyone know what's happening in Kranks? Big clearout of the old cookers and furniture and a Supermacs truck delivering a load of new tiles?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

They'd hardly open another Supermacs so near the other one, would they? Could be worth keeping an eye on it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭adaminho

Don't they own Papa Johns as well though? I'll keep an eye on it as I pass it every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

loving the new avatar IO :D

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

Costa opened in the Crescent :)

Definitly Pat McDonagh putting a place in there but heard that it won't be under the name of Supermacs. Could be Papa Johns alright.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,422 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

I spotted what looks to be a new bait shop on Ellen St, it's called "I Got Worms" :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Cherrycoke wrote: »
    Costa opened in the Crescent :)

What type of business/shop is Costa ?

thanks in advance
    ~B

Advertisement