Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming DC Extended Universe (DCEU) Movies

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,073 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The Flash had its director announced a few days ago: http://m.imdb.com/news/ni59900263/

Dope is well worth a watch, only concern I'd have is they're going for a director they can push around a bit like what happened with Mark Webb and Spiderman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

pixelburp wrote: »
    Anyone else feel only a fraction of these films will actually see the light? Maybe Suicide Squad will give the dc films a shot in the arm, ditto Wonder Woman too I guess, but just don't feel theres the same sense of cohesive purpose from DC / Warner franchises that I do with the MCU. And that it'll only take one flop to set the plans unravelling.

I agree. With Marvel, it fells like they announce a movie and I think "oh they're making that movie." With DC, they announce s movie and I think "I wonder if they'll still be above water by then..."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I'd be fairly sure all those films will be out or at least there will be another DCEU film in all those slots. Superhero films are about as close to guaranteed cash as you can get with films at this point in time. Until they start losing money there will be plenty put out every year.

You'll be getting plenty of DC films to complain about don't worry lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

For better or worse a WB backed DC will not sink or go anywhere.

The schedule might change but to suggest WB could set the DCEU afloat is silly in the extreme.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,720 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I'd be fairly sure all those films will be out or at least there will be another DCEU film in all those slots. Superhero films are about as close to guaranteed cash as you can get with films at this point in time. Until they start losing money there will be plenty put out every year.

They're a guaranteed cash cow. Until they're not. While a bona fide flop is unlikely in this day and age of international markets, it'll only take a film or two to underperform enough to sink the extended plans. Look at the Fantastic 4 reboot

Its not about complaints, just observations about two similar, competing plans for superhero franchises. DC have shown a little panic in the way they're trying to get the justice league going, and overall feels like they're reacting all the time, rather than creating their own paths.

• Advertisement

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    For better or worse a WB backed DC will not sink or go anywhere.

The schedule might change but to suggest WB could set the DCEU afloat is silly in the extreme.

I don't think anyone suggested that?

This is what I mean. Right now, the idea of a Booster Gold film seeing the light of day seems unlikely when they've yet to make a satisfying Superman film. As pb says above, DC/WB are reactionary in their decision making so far. Who knows what'll happen to the order of their slate in the wake of a flop.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

More Warner Bros. Shakeups Rumored Because Of Batman V Superman

http://comicbook.com/dc/2016/06/05/more-warner-bros-shakeups-rumored-because-of-batman-v-superman-/

Be interesting to see if things change for the better with Geoff Johns taking, this could be the proverbial kick DC need..

Never been a big fan of Johns but he will definitely be a positive influence on this. Between him and Affleck, they may just right the ship...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,136 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Was happy to read they're restructuring the Marketing department too. The trailers for BvS gave away far too much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Does a management shake up at WB/DC mean that Snyder might get the boot???

I've not seen BvS yet and I am still dreading seeing it.

Suicide Squad however looks great, way better than I expected to look and I actually have high hopes for it now, like one poster already said, SS might the shot in the arm the DCEU needs.

Management shake ups mean Snyder won't get the boot, would guess he's in it for the long haul, or just the 2 Justice League films.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Management shake ups mean Snyder won't get the boot, would guess he's in it for the long haul, or just the 2 Justice League films.

It seems as long as he is there, the media will tear anything he is involved in apart. They enjoy it too much to stop now. :pac:

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    It seems as long as he is there, the media will tear anything he is involved in apart. They enjoy it too much to stop now. :pac:

Yeah his efforts with Man Of Steel & Batman v Superman don't exactly fill me with hope for the 2 Justice League films..

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,073 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I could see Affleck getting the justice league films if his Batman is good. They could easily pull a Jon Favreau on Snyder if they want.

Yeah his efforts with Man Of Steel & Batman v Superman don't exactly fill me with hope for the 2 Justice League films..

Nor I. I think they should get rid of him now, might be better in the long run.

A difficult thing to do, given how involved he is now and they might have to delay some films if they had to find a replacement.
    Mickeroo wrote: »
    I could see Affleck getting the justice league films if his Batman is good. They could easily pull a Jon Favreau on Snyder if they want.

What happened Jon Favreau?

Slight problem with that, Affleck's Batman comes after the 2 Justice League films, though iirc, Affleck is exec producing the first Justice League film, so he might have some say..

• Registered Users Posts: 33,136 ✭✭✭✭Penn

They're already shooting the JL films and I'm pretty sure they're filming them back-to-back, so Snyder isn't getting the boot any time soon. They're just repositioning people in over him to steer Snyder in a way to right the ship and reduce him more to only really being the director of the films, rather than the overseer of the DCEU (like Marvel's Kevin Feige).

Slight problem with that, Affleck's Batman comes after the 2 Justice League films, though iirc, Affleck is exec producing the first Justice League film, so he might have some say..

Ah balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,179 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Suicide Squad gets a PG-13 rating in the States.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Suicide Squad gets a PG-13 rating in the States.

That's disappointing. Even by the tone I thought they would ok with a harder rating even before Deadpool was a hit.

Anyone see the pictures of J.K Simmons adding muscle for his role as Commissioner Gordon in Justice League?

Anyone see the pictures of J.K Simmons adding muscle for his role as Commissioner Gordon in Justice League?

Yeah, he's beefed as fcuk.

Yeah, he's beefed as fcuk.

Got a feeling his Gordon will be different that what's come before him.

Got a feeling his Gordon will be different that what's come before him.

By the looks of him, they're drawing inspiration from
    Frank Miller's Year One story, in which he's a total badass
    . Tbh, I don't much care what way they play Gordon; Simmons can do no wrong in my eyes...!

Not really bothered about SS getting PG-13, TDK was PG-13 and it turned out fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Is PG-13 the same as a 15 here?

Is PG-13 the same as a 15 here?

No R is usually 15, PG-13 is usually 12A or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

No R is usually 15, PG-13 is usually 12A or something like that.

I thought R was 16. Why can't they just have the same ratings system as the rest of the world. So bloody confusing.

I used to work in a cinema and I've been to the cinema countless times in the US, you'd think I'd be able to figure it out... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,179 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

PG-13 basically means you need to be 13 to get in and to see it on your own.

It's a 12 A over here which means you can see it on your own at 12.

You need someone over 18 to bring you if you are younger so it doesn't restrict younger viewers as such if an adult brings them.

Advertisement