Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Limerick Businesses Closed V 2.0 [Mod note post 1]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

what was the sweetner they got in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I think thats it, you can't just walk in there and order a pint. You have to have a tour and then you can have as much as you like. Bunch of us went there for my birthday last year and it was a great laugh.

If anyone remembers the Tavern at the castle, you'd want to have bulletproof vests on doing the door if you opened up there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭sioda

Mc Love wrote: »
    If anyone remembers the Tavern at the castle, you'd want to have bulletproof vests on doing the door if you opened up there :D
    I worked there and tbh I've had more trouble working in bars downtown

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Mc Love wrote: »

The place that was near the Treaty Stone in front of JJ Bowes used to be called Stab Inn.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,343 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

YFlyer wrote: »
    The place that was near the Treaty Stone in front of JJ Bowes used to be called Stab Inn.

Kevin Kiely's where Jack Mondays is now. Im too young to know if it lived up to that name but certainly the other pubs further down on the High Road were pretty grim

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭adaminho

adaminho wrote: »

Nice pub but not really surprised. Looked like it had been struggling for customers any time I was in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Skuxx

It doesnt say which stores are closing but from reading it it seems like the outlet stores might be ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

If The GAP does close in the crescent thats another big blow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

davo2001 wrote: »

Not great fitting clothes in there to be honest

davo2001 wrote: »

Ya they are closing as quick as they are opening there the stores. You could have 2 big units empty there now.

like the restaurant outside now which is probally never going to happen.

Subway besides hungry Lyons Dooradoyle is gone i say. They were gutting the place this morn skip and all outside. Not suprised though always found the staff in crescent one more friendly & pleasant.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,712 ✭✭✭✭phog

Subway besides hungry Lyons Dooradoyle is gone i say. They were gutting the place this morn skip and all outside. Not suprised though always found the staff in crescent one more friendly & pleasant.

I've never understood the attraction to Subway meals.

phog wrote: »
    I've never understood the attraction to Subway meals.
    & it is technically not real bread as we found out during lockdown, it was just the different types of sandwiches that drew people i say just to see what they are like.

I never thought anyone picked their Subway based on staff. Surprised to see it go with the hospital so close

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Apt8

Random question but would anyone remember a chiropractor's office out in Raheen? It was an upstairs office above a flat in a housing estate, I can't seem to track down where it was.

& it is technically not real bread as we found out during lockdown, it was just the different types of sandwiches that drew people i say just to see what they are like.

There's no tuna DNA in their tuna either apparently.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jun/22/subway-sandwiches-tuna-lab-test

Apt8 wrote: »
    Random question but would anyone remember a chiropractor's office out in Raheen? It was an upstairs office above a flat in a housing estate, I can't seem to track down where it was.

there is a load of them when u google it,

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=chiropractor%27s+office+out+in+Raheen%3F

breezy1985 wrote: »
    I never thought anyone picked their Subway based on staff. Surprised to see it go with the hospital so close

well when your ordering & you barely get an ans out the person serving & kind of just fire it @ you attitude, it is not that hard just go another min down to the other subway where they will actually ans you &not just fire stuff @ you attitude as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Stay away from chiropractors. Quackary. Go to a physio.

Stay away from chiropractors. Quackary. Go to a physio.

Not looking for one, buddy of mine used to live in the flat below and passed away recently, just trying to locate where it was for memories sake.

I'm not sure if it was even a chiropractor, I just remember there was 2 flats side by side on the ground floor and there was upstairs offices. I think it was in the area of the Fr Russell road but we're going back more than 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,712 ✭✭✭✭phog

breezy1985 wrote: »
    I never thought anyone picked their Subway based on staff.

I'm with JB2010 on this and think staff attitude would have a big bearing on where people spend their hard earned money.

phog wrote: »
    I'm with JB2010 on this and think staff attitude would have a big bearing on where people spend their hard earned money.

I don't know what JB2010 is but any Subway I ever went to was because it was the most convenient one. Any time I go to the Dooradoyle one it's cause I am working by the hospital and would not travel further cause of staff

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭manna452121

Apt8 wrote: »
    Try this
    https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ALeKk02CZ-tNqHkFhD8YA7ozIRD-l0jvcA:1624569286457&q=chiropractic+office+out+in+Raheen&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiDvO2ZmLHxAhWKAsAKHSfmC5sQ7xYoAHoECAIQMA&biw=1366&bih=663

I've tried looking for it but it appears to have been closed down since. Just wondering if anyone in the area remembers it.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Derbhoy

Looks like 3 pubs so far wont be reopening when indoor drinking is allowed Alfies Ballycummin Mc Lysaghts Mulgrave St & The Cauldron Nicholas St have all indicated they are closed for good.

Derbhoy wrote: »
    Looks like 3 pubs so far wont be reopening when indoor drinking is allowed Alfies Ballycummin Mc Lysaghts Mulgrave St & The Cauldron Nicholas St have all indicated they are closed for good.

Doesnt that Ballycummin pub seem to be changing hands an awful lot ?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Derbhoy

Doesnt that Ballycummin pub seem to be changing hands an awful lot ?

Ger has had it since 2014 he owns the whole lot of the Commercial Units there which are busy Fords Chipper & The Sunflower Bakery . May have plans for Public House area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Derbhoy wrote: »

Pretty sure their license wasn't being renewed and rumours the building was/is being sold. Place went to the dogs not long after Tony moved away and Steven who worked with Tony for years left.

Advertisement