Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Coin Information

• 26-05-2021 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭

Many years ago the father worked as a binman in Dublin and found a coin and never really paid much attention to it.

Hes after finding it in the house, so before goes missing again I said ill see what I can find on it

Thanks for any information

https://imgur.com/a/Puq13IU

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Wolff

It looks like a Stater ? maybe a Celtic coin - reminds me of one - I'm no coin expert though ! would need better pics posted I think for someone to be sure

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

Wolff wrote: »
    It looks like a Stater ? maybe a Celtic coin - reminds me of one - I'm no coin expert though ! would need better pics posted I think for someone to be sure

Yeah they arent great, hard to get the phone to focus, i must get the brother to take some with camera and upload them later

• Registered Users Posts: 8,312 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

I recognised the horse so had a look at some of the coins I have.

This is Indo-Parthian c50AD. About the size of a one cent coin. Worth about €10.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

I recognised the horse so had a look at some of the coins I have.

This is Indo-Parthian c50AD. About the size of a one cent coin. Worth about €10.

Ah cool thanks, least the da knows

Still waiting for the brother to take the pictures

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Diddley Squat

It took 2000 years to get here and its only worth a €10 .............

Fascinating item to me ! Just to think of all the greasy palms thats been in !

It's been the fly on the wall over the course of modern history, if only it could speak

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,312 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Advertisement