Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tesco Mobile 3g - Anyone having Problems

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Gurra

paddins wrote: »
    I'm about to buy an Apple Iphone sim free. On the Tesco Network at the moment will some of the apps fail to work? Anyone experience any problems with their Iphone on Tesco Network?

Any apps that use non http traffic will not work. E.g. pop/imap/smtp email (web based email works fine), msn messenger, skype etc. Most apps use http though and work fine.
    According to this thread, this restriction will be gone mid jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Gurra

Hi Kotek,

I didnt want to ignore your post but unfortunately I cant comment on this one.

regards
    Paul

How about visual voice mail support for iPhone? Too early to comment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 thisnthat2

please please someone help me..... i have all the settings for it but when entering them i do not have the option to entre some settings like homepage and MMC2: 272 MC1: 11 ---- by the way what are these?????
    i am using a HTC HD T8282 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

thisnthat2 wrote: »
    please please someone help me..... i have all the settings for it but when entering them i do not have the option to entre some settings like homepage and MMC2: 272 MC1: 11 ---- by the way what are these?????
    i am using a HTC HD T8282 :(

Hi there

I replied in the other thread where you posted

Please use

http://www.tescomobile.ie/phonesettings.aspx

to automatically setup the data settings on your device.

regards
    Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 thisnthat2

Hi there

I replied in the other thread where you posted

Please use

http://www.tescomobile.ie/phonesettings.aspx

to automatically setup the data settings on your device.

regards
    Paul

Thank you paul.... BUT i found that page before i asked for help as all i get when i send the settings from the web site is "Error setting up settings"!!!!
    :(
    I rang customer care and she said she could not send these settings and emailed me the settings but as i tried to enter them i discovered they are different for the HTC!!!(stupid windows phones!!)

• Advertisement

thisnthat2 wrote: »
    Thank you paul.... BUT i found that page before i asked for help as all i get when i send the settings from the web site is "Error setting up settings"!!!!
    :(
    I rang customer care and she said she could not send these settings and emailed me the settings but as i tried to enter them i discovered they are different for the HTC!!!(stupid windows phones!!)

OK, seems to an issue with that phone and the OTA tool alright.

The settings needed are

1. For Internet/WAP

APN: tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com
    Proxy: 10.1.11.19
    Port: 8080
    MCC: 272
    MNC: 11

If MCC (Mobile Country Code) and MNC (Mobile Network Code) are not offered as options to edit then ignore them, most of the time these are picked up from the SIM autiomatically.

2. For MMS

MMSC: http://mmc1/servlets/mms
    MMS Proxy: 10.1.11.19
    MMS Port: 8080

regards
    Paul

Gurra wrote: »
    How about visual voice mail support for iPhone? Too early to comment?

Not on the immediate 2011 roadmap...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭emo72

can you give me the settings for ztf blade/orange san francisco?

emo72 wrote: »
    can you give me the settings for ztf blade/orange san francisco?

This is an Android phone right?

Settings will be as below..

1. Create a new Internet APN in Setttings-> Wireless&Networks->Mobile Netowrks->Access Point Names

Name: TMI Internet APN
    APN Type: default, supl

2. Create a new MMS APN called TMI MMS APN with settings

NAME: TMI MMS APN
    APN Type: mms

3. Reboot your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

Tescomobile, Is there any definitive plan to remove the proxy and port element of the settings? Many thanks

• Advertisement

lomb wrote: »
    Tescomobile, Is there any definitive plan to remove the proxy and port element of the settings? Many thanks

We are working through the design changes required with the technical team at the moment. I expect it to happen in the next few weeks but its not confirmed just yet until design complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 skelefty

No the proxy details you noted above are just for MMS (and you need the port 8080 there aswell). You need the correct proxy and port for both MMS and Internet separately.

It is the same value for both: 10.1.11.19 with port 8080

For iPhone specific querys (re jailbroken etc) you should go to the iPhone subforum.

I have tried all these settings but I still can't get this to connect to the net on my iphone, there isn't anything else that i could be missing?
    Its still saying to me "could not activate cellular data network"

skelefty wrote: »
    I have tried all these settings but I still can't get this to connect to the net on my iphone, there isn't anything else that i could be missing?
    Its still saying to me "could not activate cellular data network"

Hi Skelefty

I am getting my hands on a SIM Free iPhone 4 and will go through this myself and post back the results.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭EWJim

Tesco mobile

i seem to be having a problem with internet coverage In Dorgheda
    The internet seems to keep cutting out every few seconds

Can only use java apps

Any problems in the area,

ps my wifes phone is having the same problem

We are working through the design changes required with the technical team at the moment. I expect it to happen in the next few weeks but its not confirmed just yet until design complete.

Thanks , please advise when or if its confirmed. I think this is absolutey needed for me and friends to port over.

EWJim wrote: »
    Tesco mobile

i seem to be having a problem with internet coverage In Dorgheda
    The internet seems to keep cutting out every few seconds

Can only use java apps

Any problems in the area,

ps my wifes phone is having the same problem

Hi Jim,

Is it still happening today, we had an issue yesterday that may be related.

Can you PM me your details if it is still a problem (number and location).

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭EWJim

seem to be ok now
    thanks any way

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mart_pl

Hi Paul,

Any chance you know how to set up tescomobile internet on Samsung Galaxy S? Tried everything from this thread and others but still cant get it working...:(
    I have no 3G.. only R visible on top of the reception bar... I'm able to send and receive MMS but they are poor quality like 4kb..

Any help would be appreciated.

I have this settings on my phone
    OK, seems to an issue with that phone and the OTA tool alright.

The settings needed are

1. For Internet/WAP

If MCC (Mobile Country Code) and MNC (Mobile Network Code) are not offered as options to edit then ignore them, most of the time these are picked up from the SIM autiomatically.

2. For MMS

regards
    Paul

mart_pl wrote: »
    Hi Paul,

Any chance you know how to set up tescomobile internet on Samsung Galaxy S? Tried everything from this thread and others but still cant get it working...:(
    I have no 3G.. only R visible on top of the reception bar... I'm able to send and receive MMS but they are poor quality like 4kb..

Any help would be appreciated.

I have this settings on my phone

Hi Mart,

Make sure the APNs are as in your post above.

Another thing that is important is that the "0.0.0.0 Allowed" setting is on in the hidden android phone menu - some manufacturers have this at Not Allowed as default. Instructions are as below.

1. 0.0.0.0 Allowed

"Open the Phone dialer and type in *#*#4636#*#*
    Tap on Phone Information
    Scroll Down and set Toggle DNS Check to 0.0.0.0 Allowed"

2. Also, make sure the APN Type setting on the Internet APN is default or Internet

3. Reboot your phone. This should work for you

On the MMS picture size there is an issue with some handsets MMS picture size capability not being recognised that we are looking at (its called User Agent Profile on the server side). If there is anyway to set the default size of images in MMS in your device then please choose 300kb. Otherwise this one will be fixed shortly from the server side.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mart_pl

Thank you very much Paul. This worked for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 ceadjose

Hi got a Huawei Ideos (Android) set up on Tesco Mobile, tips in this forum.

1. Set phone to work when Roaming (seems to be think Tesco is roaming on O2)
    2. Set up two APN's as detailed in forum one for internet and one for mms
    3. MMS to download needs the DNS 0.0.0.0 Allowed

Just need proxy sorted now to be able to use apps when not on WiFi..... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭daithi2011

Hi
    What are the Tesco APN settings for use with a 3g dongle?
    That website wants me to enter a phone make, but its actually a 3g dongle I want to use it with.
    Thanks.

ceadjose wrote: »
    Hi got a Huawei Ideos (Android) set up on Tesco Mobile, tips in this forum.

1. Set phone to work when Roaming (seems to be think Tesco is roaming on O2)
    2. Set up two APN's as detailed in forum one for internet and one for mms
    3. MMS to download needs the DNS 0.0.0.0 Allowed

Just need proxy sorted now to be able to use apps when not on WiFi..... :)

Good to hear. Yes, for Android data roaming needs to be on.

We are working on the proxy restrictions

daithi2011 wrote: »
    Hi
    What are the Tesco APN settings for use with a 3g dongle?
    That website wants me to enter a phone make, but its actually a 3g dongle I want to use it with.
    Thanks.

Hi Daithi,

It will be the same settings but you will need to enter them on the admin screens of the dongle as I doubt OTA settings will be available for a dongle. Is it unlocked?

regards
    Paul

Hi Daithi,

It will be the same settings but you will need to enter them on the admin screens of the dongle as I doubt OTA settings will be available for a dongle. Is it unlocked?

regards
    Paul

Thats great thanks.
    Its unlocked.

Thats great thanks.
    Its unlocked.

Unlocked Huawei Dongles using generic mobile partner dont seem to have proxy settings as far as I can see and although connect the internet doesnt work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

I got it working with the dongle. Just bought a SIM instore, topped up with €10 (so SIM was free), and got €10 free. I make that 4 months of internet for €20 (at 1GB/month).

First things first, you have to activate the SIM. Put it into a phone and call 1749 to bring the SIM online. Then you can put it into the dongle.

Setting it up was a bit strange. The APN that you enter in "Mobile Partner", the generic application that you can get when you flash your dongle, is tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com - the access number is *99#

The different bit is that you can only access the internet via a tesco mobile proxy, so you need to whip out your browser, and point its proxy to 10.1.11.19, port 8080. Once I did that, I got the following results in the Marino area, on HSDPA:
    1114024532.png
    TescoSpeeds.png

Hope this helps someone!

Thanks for that. Doesnt look fast at all. I'll try it out though.

OK got a loan of a tesco sim so cant go too mad on it yet til i get mine.

I went into mobile connect. Its still branded as 3, but is unlocked.
    Then went into profiles.
    If you click on connection to add a new connection then you can add the proxy in there.
    Then add that connection to a new profile.
    Set that new profile as active.
    It then connects to the O2 network, but you get a warning about roaming (is this because its still branded as 3?)

Does this sound about right. I was able to browse ok, but I dont know if I was using credit on it. When I get a new sim i'll try again.

And I've only edge where I am at the moment or it might be that I have to buy the data add on to get 3G.

Hiya, can you tell me which browser you are using and how and where you enter the port and proxy settings. For me there are several connections in IE where one enters the info and none work. Also what is that screenshot of ipconfig tell you of PPP?
    I can connect to TMI in mobile partner but the browser wont work. In my network connections I have several connections including dial up and VPN including TMI internet as well as seperately TMI which is connected through mobile partner . Cheers

• Advertisement

Thanks for that. Doesnt look fast at all. I'll try it out though.

You should get 3G download speeds up to 500kb/s depending on all the normal location factors for mobile data

Advertisement