Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Falling apart gives you a reason to build something new.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭KSU

No to be honest it's nothing to do with the article. More to do with horsing around with the little one last week and feeling a twinge in the same area in the hip plus general fatigue from last week's training has me questioning if even my "conservative" approach was still a little on the aggressive side for this time of year. Also made me realise how close to the edge I still am in terms of getting reinjured so wondered if spending more time away from the 10k pace stuff for a while yet might be a better approach. Similar to yourself I'm kinda targeting summer timeframe to be in decent 10k shape.

Sorry for the hijack

Not at all, always good to get a bit of interaction (gets quite lonely outside of shotgunmcos' log :P)

With regards hip niggles generally these would be loading type injuries so the two biggest drives would be fatigue and volume.

Tempo style work could be just as detrimental so a few ways that could recifty this

1) Keep total work time low in early stages - i.e 75% of overall rep volume (so say 6x3 min drops to 4)

2) Segment reps to reduce fatigue from intensity
    So perhaps 2x (3x3 min) 5 min between sets
    or
    modulate work time with same recovery
    3 min, 2 min, 3 min, 2 min, 3 min, 2 min w/ same recovery

4) drop intensity back (MP and HM efforts but with longer recoveries) these can combat running on fatigued legs.

What ever the approach the main thing about base phase is that every run should feel controlled and coming away from it feeling almost energized rather than having the dig in. It's a building phase so you are just looking to introduce the key ingredients of what you need for later training to build specific race fitness.

Wed AM 4 easy (7.55 min/m) PM 7 easy (7.45 min/m)

Dunno if this was down to simply waking up so early and body actually being a bit more lively by the time I could get out or just making progress on the running motivation side but dropped the little lad to creche and out the door for a handy one just to flush out the legs a bit and then out on lunch break from work so a full day without impacting on life. The dream is to get this on a continual basis but we continue to move towards it.

Thurs 4 miles easy (7.51 min/m) hill circuits, 4 mile easy (8.02 min/m)

At the moment Gym is not on the cards between simply trying to get the running side of things in order as well as not trying to do everything at once and falling by the wayside. Having said that knowing how crucial some strength work is I had been having a good think about it and decided to go old school with some Lydiard type hill drills.

6x50m high knee lifts (decent incline of north of 5%)
    6x50m bounding

Did these on a grass hill though it was a little on a wet side so a couple of sinking steps but did the job. A good little workout on the legs by the end. Decided to do this in middle of the run so well warmed up but also running long enough in each segment before and after to keep the HR up for a decent duration. Definitely something I want to keep up and know that being part of a run will help with the consistency

Fri 4 mile MP (3) 2x1 mile T (90)

Splits 6.43, 6.40, 6.42, 6.46 - 6.10, 6.09

This one was a bit of a drag, 4 am, 5 am and 5.30 am wake up's for no apparent reason this week I think had there toll, perhaps it is the body clock adapting to getting to bed a little earlier the other side but either way probably a little more tired the last few days. Between that and being caught a little time wise when I did get out the motivation was lacking a little. This was similar to those feeling's I got the last year however managed to barter with myself to finish out the session. The effort in the session was grand the MP miles nice and controlled. Legs a little heavy come the threshold miles but I think to be expected as first time since I came back that I had strung 7 consecutive days of running (63 miles) together.

In years gone past I would have jumped straight back into mileage and just battled through till I started feeling better but overall I feel better with this approach and think it is one which will bear better results just focusing on patience and consistency

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

That was a nice session on Friday.

In the interest of keeping the logs interesting and the discussion going ;)

I've often wondered if you were to do up a Grads plan nowadays, would it be all that different to the one you did years ago? Has any of your thought process or methodologies changed since?

That was a nice session on Friday.

In the interest of keeping the logs interesting and the discussion going ;)

I've often wondered if you were to do up a Grads plan nowadays, would it be all that different to the one you did years ago? Has any of your thought process or methodologies changed since?

Very good question.

To be honest there is always things I would probably tweak here or there but I think that is the nature of coaching we are always changing and even with athletes I work with the training tends to naturally evolve in different ways.

Overall I like the overall design of those plans though and I would be confident they would get a person to the start line in fitter shape that they have ever been in. They probably won't suit everyone as they are not based on target times and as a result some people won't see them as aggressive enough to achieve there immediate goals. In truth there are other plans which will probably get people from A to B quicker but it is designed with the view of continual long term progression i.e building on cycle after cycle which is a patience not for everyone.

As you can see from my own base phase it is very much based on the same principles as the one in the Grad plan.

The only thing that immediately stands out would be inclusion of more hybrid style sessions for the bit of hard work (i.e hills and the AP stuff) being tacked on to sessions in small amounts rather than singular sessions tackling them (so say 3-4 x 1 min hills at end of CV etc. The only issue I would have around that is that it might over complicate what is designed to be a basic plan.

(Could talk about drills, S and C etc but I think these would largely be ignored or alienate people from the plan)

Wasn't gonna update this given training wise had not been anything to write home about the last while but with every in the boat of no racing/ specific training figured no harm updating especially in self isolation.

Wen't through a bad patch - short term sleep issues which ended up leaving me hugely run down and bringing on a long string of illness which couldn't shake.

As a result training once again went by the wayside bar the odd isolated run and the odd pacing of coachees through sessions (nothing quicker than 7.30 thankfully as anything more and I would have probably been pretty useless as a pacer :P)

Since Thursday though the new world order kicked in. Now set up working from home for the forseeable along with herself and with the little lad off creché so will lead to interesting times to say the least. Normally I am fairly laid back about these kinda things but with high risk family members we are taking it fairly serious as well as me having to go into the office Friday followed by it being shut down midshift as a precautionary measure.

Despite the negativity around I am trying to make the best of it. Without a commute, getting him to creché, alot less meetings and work being a very strange place (hugely affected by everything as it is sports related but busy as a result of innovation to tackle it) Getting to spend more time with the family. focusing on creatively keeping him entertained while working and doing things for our own sanity it could be the making of my rebuild to a fit and healthy runner again

Had planned to get straight back into running but had some stomach issues (not corona related but none to pleasant all the same) so yesterday was the first day I got out for a run

Tues
    35 min easy - No garmin

Couldn't find the garmin and the strava app wouldn't record so just got out and ran. Wind was a killer and park was rammed so this consisted of bobbing and weaving offroad. For once had no issue with pedestrians clearing house as you run near :D

Gonna use the extra time to work on yoga, S and C and all the things that usually fall by the wayside. Did the yoga every morning last year and found it a great way for starting the day and gonna try repeat the same routine I did back then and hopefully instill good habits during this period.

• Advertisement

Wednesday

AM Yoga

Last year when living with the OH family got into a very good yoga routine. Basically with so many of us under one roof and with a new born I was up at the crack of dawn most morning's with him so rather than wake everyone in the house I used to bring him downstairs. Given that he was still in the non mobile stage it was a perfect way to start the day and keep him entertained.

I really found it helped with my running as well as mentally prepping for the day as new age as that sounds but given the current circumstances and with herself working an earlier shift than me I figured perfect time to re-introduce it into my routine to compliment the running.

Routine consists of

Childs pose into Cobra Pose
    Sun Salutations
    Downward facing dog followed by single leg (each leg)
    Frog Pose
    Pigeon Pose
    Triangle Pose
    Warrior Pose to Warrior Pose II

It's a handy little routine for about 15-20 min and really focuses on most distance runners key area's (i.e hips) and as again new age as it sounds the deep breaths really do matter as you need to oxegenate the muscles .

PM Fartlek

10 min warm up, 6x1 min hard 1 min moderate, 10 min cooldown

Short and sweet. Plan to hammer away at the paces for now and just slowly build the sessions lengths as well as overall mileage. With the last come back attempts I have been patient and conservative building back but with so many of them for so long I can't truly remember the last time I have really been taxing on the body so rather than take the same approach I am just gonna work hard fort short durations and build the mental tolerance along side the physical fitness. Patience is there in the current running climate so happy to tip along. Surprised there was sub 6 paces there but happy all the same though probably over cooked first one or two judging by the recoveries in the latter stages (ran all by feel not looking at the watch.

Thurs

AM Yoga

PM 5 miles easy - 7.31 min/m

Paces a bit on the quick side but amazingly didn't feel it. One silver lining in this whole thing is that life has slowed down somewhat. Yes work is still busy (in fact in some ways busier) but without the commutes etc everyone seems to be a lot more conscious of their well being, taking that bit of extra time for family/unwinding/reaching out to communicate to friends and family hopefully people will take alot from this (personally I hope to as well not go back to the status quo especially given the last 18 months)

Continuing on with the supplementary work and keeping people tipping over another daily challenge for people

Bring Sally Up Squat Challenge

Simple premise. Squat on the Up/Down Cues of the song

Friday - Monday

AM Yoga
    Daily Challenge : Bring Sally up exercises

The comeback was always gonna have one or two hiccups till the routine fully started to be in. Unfortunately that came in the form of teething 2 yr old (hasn't got any through in a while) and a burst pipe in the house all while trying to remote work. Still kept up the morning yoga routine and while working tried to get roughly 60-90 seconds of a set exercise for the day ever hour as a way of trying to condition

Tuesday
    AM Yoga + 4 miles easy (8.17 min/m pace)
    PM 5 miles easy (7.28 min/m)
    Daily Challenge: Bring Sally Up - Tricep Dips

Looking after the little lad for the first few hours as OH starts before me but made the decision giving the hiccups around night running over the weekend that I was gonna buggy run to assure I was at least getting on run done per day. Its not a running buggy and a bit more heavy duty but have heard people using it to run. Kept me honest.

Evening run was cruising surprised pace was what it was but I think the conditioning side of things probably helping with that

Wednesday
    AM Yoga
    PM 20 min warm up, 20 min Fartlek (10 x 1/1), 20 min cooldown
    Daily Challenge Double leg mountain climbers

Felt good during the session here big step up on last week where I was gassed by the end. I put this down to pacing better as I had overshot the early reps last week but looking back the paces were relatively comparable. Was very happy to keep recoveries consistent as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

I like your format of am, pm, daily challenge. Might borrow for a bit. Should really be doing yoga anyway.

I like your format of am, pm, daily challenge. Might borrow for a bit. Should really be doing yoga anyway.

Work away any thing that people find useful that is half the reason for me posting daily challenge etc just to give others idea's as well.This self isolation is trying to get me to focus on doing the things we normally ignore. So core, flexibility and mobility heck even spending a bit of timing prepping high quality food

For instance cooking side of things is trying to experiment a bit more so lunch yesterday to prep for a few days of work to try and get that on point with that regard. Cheap, healthy, easy to make and well balanced

**DISCLAIMER**

https://gph.is/2cMORjL

Salad
    Kale
    Cucumber
    Cherry Tomato's
    Avocado
    Sunflower Seeds
    Chickpeas

Dressing (home made) - massaged into kale to soften
    Lemon Juice
    Dijon Mustard (table spoon)
    Salt
    Pepper
    Olive Oil

Side
    Roasted diced Baby Potato tossed in garlic salt and rosemary

Prep
    Salad including dressing 20 min
    Potatoes 1 hr

(Yes I know this log is a bit all over the place at the moment but sure I reckon more logs are turning into online diaries at the moment so any sort of positive aspects of lifestyle to improve training I am gonna put in be it recipes, yoga poses, exercises etc.)

Thursday
    AM Yoga + 5 miles easy (7.40 min/m pace)
    PM ----
    Daily Challenge: Plyometrics

Had planned on a morning buggy run but the little lad had been up early so was ready for his nap earlier than usual so I popped out while he was so that I could get out and let her get work done as I was off and keeping him occupied for the day.

Out the back with himself all afternoon and as the body has been feeling the challenges recently with arms and core aching (definitely over doing when not used to the exercises but acting as good conditioning at the moment) I decided today's challenge would be a good plyo workout

Single Leg bounds
    Two leg bounds
    Standing long jumps
    Depth jumps
    Speed Skaters
    Pogo Jumps

I dunno whether it was the plyo's frying the CNS or just the early start coupled with full on day with himself but I was falling asleep by 6 in evening and didn't make it past 9 and slept like an absolute log.

• Advertisement

Friday
    AM Yoga
    PM 4 miles easy (8.21 min/m pace)
    Daily Challenge: Push Ups

Bit of a vanilla day. Run consisted of a buggy run in the park with the little lad on my lunch break from work to give her some space to get a bit done. Managing the WFH day by day between us. All dependent on what sort of mood the little guy is on any given day.

The Daily challenge was a mixture between pause push ups via 1 min bring sally up's and just sets of 30 as I wasn't gonna last the day doing the pause push ups

Saturday
    AM Yoga
    PM Session (see below)
    Daily Challenge: Split Lunges

15 min warm up,
    25 min tempo (10 MP/5 LT/10 MP)- 6.43-6.07-6.42 paces
    3 min jog
    4x30 sec (30 sec rec)
    15 min cooldown

https://www.strava.com/activities/3229633445/overview

Legs definitely feeling the challenge by the time I got out for the session but with conditioning being key aspect at the moment the sessions more just about ticking box somewhat

The estate had and eerie Xmas day feel to it with not a person out and save one car it could have been mistaken for a post apocalyptic wasteland.

Session itself went well a bit windy but overall quite controlled. HR showed fitness still lacking but every day is a step in the right direction.

Aside from the exercise side of stuff been battling a killer sweet tooth with sitting around the house so found a decent recipe for a bit of a better substitute.

Peanut butter cookies
    Peanut butter (crunchy)
    Porridge Oats
    Brown Sugar
    Raisins
    Egg

Simply stir ingredients in bowl and crack egg and mix. Form medium size balls and place on baking parchment. Use fork to push centre to flatten into cookie shape. 170 degrees in oven for 10-15 min and boom. Snacks sorted. Little guy a bit of a fan as well so win win.

I might even come out of this whole thing domesticated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

KSU wrote:
    Aside from the exercise side of stuff been battling a killer sweet tooth with sitting around the house.

#metoo

Sunday
    AM Yoga
    PM N/A
    Daily Challenge: modified plank

Monday
    AM Yoga + 4 miles easy (8.17 min/m)
    PM 6 miles (7.19 min/m) + 4x20 sec strides
    Daily Challenge: Mobility circuit

Sunday Took off as I had done 5 days for the week so continuing to build slowly without jumping in all guns blazing. Made sure to do supplementary work though to ensure that I was actually using the time productively.

Monday lunch run was another buggy run. Nearly bagged at 20 min as the boss was letting it be known that he wasn't best amused however on the way back he settled down again so continued on.

Evening run and just got in a good rhythm and was cruising I effort wasn't huge but just stride opened out and I was feeling good so went with it especially as my runs are still on the short side I wasn't too worried about compromised recovery.

This week rather than single exercise challenges I am continuing with doing different things but doing full workouts/ routines. This one was a mobility workout just to work on good running skill and technique with regards range of motion a decent one to do even as a warm up

2 sets of 12 reps of each exercise
    Lunges
    Squat
    Lateral Split squat
    High knee's (on the spot)
    Knee Hugs

A tip regarding squats. Use a stick (sweeping brush etc) and hold overhead. This is a handy screening technique which will highlight area's of restriction. Alot of people think they are doing perfect squats till they try this. As a diagnostic tool it can be good for pointing people in the right direction for area's to work on with regards flexibility and mobility.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

Cheers for the cookies recipe! Made them yesterday, quick & easy to make & taste great!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

If you put a few drops of vanilla essence in to the egg and beat them together before dropping them in, they're even more lush.

They're also delicious crumbled over ice cream :o - there was only 1 left and there was killings over it so had to invent a way to share it out :mad:

Tuesday
    AM: Yoga
    PM: N/A
    Daily Challenge: N/A

Plan for today was session so no buggy run in the morning and was holding off the daily Challenge till post session.11.20 pm came around and I was in middle of the shoes going on when I heard noise rumblings from the demon lair. The teeth striking again so Run canned, Strengthwork canned and another night sleeping on the couch with himself.

On bright note hopefully in the home stretch of teeth as he can't really fit to many more in the gob (I hope)

The Daily challenge was to be a general body weight strength workout

3 sets of 15 per exercise

Single Leg Glute Bridges
    Pushups
    Pistol Squats
    Spiderman (Bear Crawls)
    DeadBug
    Bird dog

Wednesday
    AM: Yoga + 20 min Fartlek (10x1 min on/ 1 min off)
    PM: 4 miles easy (8.21 min/m)
    Daily Challenge: As per yesterdays missed session

Session is nothing flash just getting a bit of work done at the moment. Made sure to get out on my work lunch break after the day before with himself. Madd the best of the daylight running on the local cycle track. Path is well over 3m wide so plenty of space for social distancing, not that it was needed as the one cyclist was finishing up as I got near.

Great little undulating loop perfect for fartlek though a little exposed so any bit of a breeze is felt. Been a long time since I felt in the last few reps of the session I was hurting and having to dig in not so much on the reps but to keep the recoveries honest as the aim of this for me is 20 min of solid work keeping the HR up.

A Handy run in the evening to flush out the legs and followed it up with the strength work from yesterday. Pistol Squats were aided by a seat but showed up a definite weakness in the leg glutes which ties in with my injury history so one to definitely work on. Despite being BW only it was tougher than I gave it credit for

Thursday
    AM Yoga
    PM 6 miles (7.15 min/m) + 20 min drills
    Daily Challenge Shoulder Resistance band workout

Definitely a bit more of a lax atmosphere regarding lockdown vs Monday. Alot more cars out and a few people. Hopefully won't see a backslide in terms of social adherence.

I dunno if it is due to the mileage being low or all the ancillary work but was pulling the paces back feeling very good throughout the run. Feel like training is more akin to middle distance at the moment with the low moderate intensity mileage and the heaps of ancillary work but I do feel it is providing a good foundation to build from rather than just simply an aerobic base.

Legs still feeling the workout last night so didn't wanna overdo with more leg work or plyometrics so a bit of resistance band work the help work on form and lack of torso rotation in stride I figured would be beneficial in long run

3 x 15 reps per exercise

Serratus Punches
    Face Pulls
    Tricep Pull Down
    Woodchoppers
    Over and back (rotator cuff rotations)

Friday
    AM Yoga
    PM 25 min tempo (10/5/10) 3 min jog 4x30 on/off
    Daily challenge Core workout

The ancillary work caught up a little as was feeling tired I’m glutes and hamstrings somewhat having said that paces despite an improvement were fairly controlled for the seasion. Continuing the Keep it simple stupid training plan. A few fast strides at the end with one dodgy reading as met first car in the road (local chipper closing so all delivery drivers let out at once)

Core session a little lack lustred after session just wanted to get to my bed

15 rep circuit

Cross body crunches
    Heels to heaven
    Butterfly crunches
    Scissor flutters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Face Pulls??

Saturday
    AM Yoga
    PM 6 miles easy (7.40 min/m)
    Daily Challenge: N/A

Today's challenge was more for the soul and sanity so bit of a cheat day with herself after my run with some shredded chicken in home made BBQ sauce (another successful experiment in the kitchen) and a few drinks

Sunday
    AM Yoga
    PM 10.5 miles easy (7.55 min/m)
    Daily Challenge: Plyometric workout

3x15 contacts

Wall Drives
    Pogos
    Single Leg Bounds
    Single Leg Drop Squat

Between the mid day Plyo's and the weather not the most enjoyable of runs with the wind and rain driving down however it helped keep things very nice and handy. The plan was to get 80-90 min as a long run given I haven't done one in quite some time that exceeded an hour. Despite the easy pace legs were a little heavy coming to the end.

Ashamedly that is my highest mileage week of 2020 so far but happy to tip away at that for now and try keep up the extra stuff and hopefully provide a nice foundation to build from

Monday
    AM Yoga
    PM 7 miles easy + 5x20 sec strides (7.29 min/m)
    Daily Challenge: Chest and Arm resistance work

3x 15 reps (20 for pushups)

Shoulder external rotations
    Overhead Tricep pulls
    Diamond Pause Push Ups
    Tricep pulldowns
    Lateral Band Pulls

Handy on on the lunch break from work. lucky to have a stretch on the canal within my radius. Small bit of temptation to continue along it but copped myself on and back to the local park for the last loop and a couple of decent paced strides. Good to feel smooth at sub 5 min pace.

Daily challenges progressing to a bit more structured this week insofar as I am looking at targeting specific area's on specific days.

Came across the following on twitter earlier

"In 5 years, there will be two distinct groups of athletes.
    Those with memories of sitting on their ass for 4-16 weeks watching Netflix.
    Those with memories of a less than ideal situation that allowed them to develop more than they every imagined they could.
    Which one are you?"

A bit preachy and motivational slogan like but it is definitely something that has me thinking. Definitely find that during this whole situation weirdly it has put me in a more positive and productive mindset in general something I hope that will continue once this whole thing dies down.

Tuesday
    AM Yoga
    PM Mona Fartlek (3.28 miles in 20 min)
    Daily Challenge Core Workout Circuit

Circuit (time listed)
    Seated Ab Circles Clockwise (60 sec)
    Seated Ab Circles Counter Clockwise (60 sec)
    Drunken Mountain Climbers (60 sec)
    30 sec rest
    Marching Planks (60 sec)
    Scissors (60 sec)
    Russian Twist (30 sec)

Today reminded me that you can get damn good work done if you really focus on quality in a short space of time. The Mona Fartlek is normally one I reserve for when I am in a time crunch on holidays but it blended well with the Fartleks I had been doing recently as it was exactly 20 mins in total for the workout on the nose. The session is 2x90 sec, 4x1 min, 4x30 sec, 4x15 sec off equal recovery steady.

I'll be honest for these Fartlek sessions I don't really care about the reps I am more concerned with keeping the recoveries steady as strength over speed at the moment despite the low volume in the sessions. Cracking day for it and Garmin reported that I am atleast good for an 18.41 5k in the coming weeks for the TT :p

Core is not a term I am mad about as it is normally associated with isometric holds or generic "ab work" as the abdominal muscles are multi directional and as such need to be treated as such so the aim here was to use a mutidirectional circuit work. Won't lie it was the hardest 5 minutes of my life and included a few broken 1 min reps but targeted top down, bottom up, cross body and rotational aspects of the Abs. There was a couple more exercises here but I knew my limits and left it as challenging with room for improvement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

Care to share the BBQ sauce recipe? :D

skyblue46 wrote: »
    Care to share the BBQ sauce recipe? :D

I’m hoping it’s just the self isolation that has made the most interesting aspect of my training log being the recipes :D

2 cups ketchup
    2 table spoons Worcester sauce
    3 table spoons brown sugar
    1 table spoon paprika
    2 teaspoons Colman’s mustard
    1 juiced lime

Low heat stirring continuously for 2-3 min and allow to cool before adding to the slow cooker (half on base and half after chicken breasts added

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

KSU wrote: »
    I’m hoping it’s just the self isolation that has made the most interesting aspect of my training log being the recipes :D

Your sessions might be too tough for me but I think there are few better than me at taking on a few chicken breasts smothered in BBQ sauce :pac:

Wednesday
    AM Yoga
    PM 7 miles easy ( 7.37 min/m)
    Daily Challenge: S and C (legs)

3x15 reps (unless stated
    Bring sally up squats (full song)
    Crab walk (resistance band)
    Single Leg Romanian dead lift
    Pistol squats
    Single leg Glute bridges

Great ambitions to get out for a second run as a bonus but when finished work as well as the fairly tough S and C session I sat down for a half hour after dinner to watch a bit of TV and woke up the next morning wasn’t too worried as I am not chasing miles at moment and still getting a lot of quality out of my days outside of just the miles

• Advertisement

Wednesday
    AM Yoga
    PM 7 miles easy ( 7.22 min/m)
    Daily Challenge: Plyometrics

3x15 contacts

Wall knee drives
    Pogos
    Lateral bunny hops
    Single leg bounds
    Depth jumps (15 each leg total)

Legs feeling a little like garbage between the plots frying me in the afternoon and the leg work yesterday. Run kept nice and handy feeling fairly strong. It’s kinda strange mileage not being huge but very solid work being done at the moment guess it shows that the devil is in the details with the little stuff being done. Fitness is in decent knick and overall in good shape eating well and looking after myself so even though sessions look fairly run of the mill definitely happy with where I am at the moment without a need to ramp up the race specific fitness

Advertisement