Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Festool DF 500 & 700

Options
  • 30-12-2020 8:39pm

Going to pick up a pair of domino machines and about 2500 dominos, plus a full set of cutters for the 500 & 700 tools, tomorrow morning.

Little use. About 200 dominos in total, all 8mm using both machines. 500 is 5 years old, 700 is 3 years old.

Anything to check apart from proof of ownership (checked serials already) and a general once over?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

JayZeus wrote: »
    Going to pick up a pair of domino machines and about 2500 dominos, plus a full set of cutters for the 500 & 700 tools, tomorrow morning.

Little use. About 200 dominos in total, all 8mm using both machines. 500 is 5 years old, 700 is 3 years old.

Anything to check apart from proof of ownership (checked serials already) and a general once over?

I'd run them just to make sure the brushes for the motors are intact.Also cut a few mortises to test the mechanism.Has the seller a valid reason for selling them ? Grab them if you have the moolah - they are going up and up in price.

I bought them alright. Very tidy machines, little use, but a couple of years older than he thought. Old guy (late 70's), piles of systainers filled with tools bought over the past 20 or so years and every Festool add-on, gizmo and gadget going, but getting a bit 'past it' as he said himself.

The DF500 seems to be sold out most everywhere at the moment, so I went looking for a used and was put onto this guy by a mutual acquaintance to see if he's sell me his, which was pure luck really. The 700 has barely been used, the 500 a little more, but it's immaculate. I'm thrilled and for what I paid (a fair, but very good price) I don't think a better deal could have been had. I paid just over half what everything would cost new today, his asking price.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭bamayang

I bought them alright. Very tidy machines, little use, but a couple of years older than he thought. Old guy (late 70's), piles of systainers filled with tools bought over the past 20 or so years and every Festool add-on, gizmo and gadget going, but getting a bit 'past it' as he said himself.

The DF500 seems to be sold out most everywhere at the moment, so I went looking for a used and was put onto this guy by a mutual acquaintance to see if he's sell me his, which was pure luck really. The 700 has barely been used, the 500 a little more, but it's immaculate. I'm thrilled and for what I paid (a fair, but very good price) I don't think a better deal could have been had. I paid just over half what everything would cost new today, his asking price.

Will ya keep both? I would have assumed your needs would drive you towards one or the other?

The 500 was the one I wanted alright, but if I sold it now I'd have to pay at least twice as much as I did now to replace the 700 in the future. Now that I have it, I already have a growing list of things I'll use it for. It'll save me some time on otherwise mundane tasks and that will let me get more things done that would be my preferred way to spend time, which is always a good thing if it can be done.

537852.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,695 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

The DF500 seems to be sold out most everywhere at the moment ...

Two (2) left on Amazon.fr for 1100€ each :eek: (strange goings on in the Amazon world - they're being sold by a German marketplace merchant, but not available on the .de site ... :confused: )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Very nice machines. I went over to loose tenons a while ago.The trick is make them a tight 'piston like' fit. I just hate to mill away good timber creating proper tenons - its like burning money.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Two nice machines there, I would think there is as much Festool gear bought by hobbyists, as is bought by full time users, some lightly used bargains to be got if your lucky.

Advertisement