Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Memories of mad stuff that happened on live TV.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,154 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Pat Kenny getting hammered out of it by an audience member, he also mentions him suing a woman about a field, the hand gestures are gold lol...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,054 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Your man giving off to the author of Angela's Ashes on the late late.

Linda Martin confronting an audience member on the late late.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,883 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

When Dawn French told Pat Kenny to fcuk off in reply to a lame quip he made about her weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

It's almost like Pat Kenny is a bit of an arsehole.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,560 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

MadYaker wrote: »

Lol at the little Philip's 17inch TV. I have the exact same one in my bedroom lol.its ancient at this stage and has not been turned on in years but maybe it will be worth something in years to come.

I also remember watching this live on TV. While Pat was no Gay Byrne he was certainly better that Tubridy. Imagine this happening go Tubridy he would probably have a heart attack lol.

This is only last year and not really live but the axle falling off the Pontiac car on Top Gear was good even if it was scripted or planned.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,975 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I remember someone phoning up some kids Saturday morning show when 5-Star were on, and telling them they were sh1t.

Going Live - i was watching it when it happened :)

One of Carter USM running back on stage after schofield slagging them off at the smash hits awards to swing for him.

Stone Roses shouting "amateurs" when their mics wouldn't work.

Bassist at the MTV Awards (think it was live) throwing his bass up into the air and it landing on his head.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,631 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Oliver Reed on Michael Aspel singing wild one where he could barley stand

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

sugarman wrote: »
    I think you're underselling that one a little, he blew his brains out on live TV. I have never in my life seen so much blood, it was horrific.

i was only nine at the time , only became aware of the event years later , i have only seen the edited youtube video where he pulls out the gun and the film ends

Remember Russell brand presenting the NME awards and was having a nightmare, jokes weren't hitting, crowed were rowdy etc. Bob Geldof gets up to accept an daward and starts off with "Russell Brand...what c*nt". He done his speech then complaining about poverty etc and went and sat down

Russell Brand comes back and says "Bob Geldof everybody - a man who knows lots about poverty as he has been dining out on I Don't Like Mondays for the past 30 years". Cuts to Bob in the crowd and hes looking like a bulldog chewing a wasp

perhaps Russell Brand isnt so bad after all if he burned that Geldof king tosspot like that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Sam fox and mick Fleetwood presenting the brits live, absolutel chaos, a BBC news woman reading about a bomb exploding just as a bulb explodes in the studio, I think she almost sh1t herself

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

Johhny Rotten live on "I'm a celebrity" shouting "Oh the f..king cnunts!" when Ant or Dec told him the "the great british public had voted to keep him in the jungle"

Iggy Pop jumping into the crowd at the MTV awards in Dublin.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 7,475 ✭✭✭Penfailed

tobeme2020 wrote: »
    Tommy Cooper in the UK. I will never forget this. Everyone thought it was part of the show but in fact he dropped dead in front of millions on live TV. Gone in a few seconds and shows life can be taken in no time.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DHpZq3ul1ld4&ved=2ahUKEwjBs8WJ2vDtAhXpQhUIHcIzAz8QFjACegQIBRAB&usg=AOvVaw3Fkfchl621AheD-L0TvsnJ

Seen the thread title, immediately thought of this, scrolled down to see if anyone else had posted it. It was mad.

EDIT - I was only 8 at the time.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Oliver Reed on Michael Aspel singing wild one where he could barley stand

thats nothing , he was once so p1SSed on a show , he made a pass at a feminist lesbian who was on with several other members of a feminist lesbian grouping , when she rebuked him , he called her " saggy t1ts "

why they invited Ollie on in the first place is a mystery ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    why they invited Ollie on in the first place is a mystery ?
    He was good for ratings I'd reckon.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

I remember someone phoning up some kids Saturday morning show when 5-Star were on, and telling them they were sh1t.

I believe that person ended up working on the show as an adult.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Sam fox and mick Fleetwood presenting the brits live, absolutel chaos,

I'd forgotten/blanked out that one, what a mess

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

September 11th 2001

The second plane strike

• Registered Users Posts: 16,360 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Jimbob1977 wrote: »
    September 11th 2001

The second plane strike

To be fair it's probably the worst thing ever to be broadcast live.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭trashcan

tobeme2020 wrote: »
    Tommy Cooper in the UK. I will never forget this. Everyone thought it was part of the show but in fact he dropped dead in front of millions on live TV. Gone in a few seconds and shows life can be taken in no time.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DHpZq3ul1ld4&ved=2ahUKEwjBs8WJ2vDtAhXpQhUIHcIzAz8QFjACegQIBRAB&usg=AOvVaw3Fkfchl621AheD-L0TvsnJ

First thing that came to my mind when I saw this thread title. It truly was bizarre, and did look like it was part of the act.

Even better ( if that’s the word). Some years later a presenter was interviewing a comedian about stand up in general and actually asked the question “did Tommy Cooper ever die on stage ?}”. :eek: The look of horror on her face when she realised what she’d said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭dasdog

Jimbob1977 wrote: »
    September 11th 2001

The second plane strike

I remember the gasps of the news presenters when the second plane hit and the realisation this is no accident.

And even though the full extent wasn't known at the time this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Not sure if live or slight delay but:

The band L7 performed on The Word and the singer got her p*ssy out.

That was was after the watershed but here's one that happened at around teatime :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,883 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Your man giving off to the author of Angela's Ashes on the late late.

Linda Martin confronting an audience member on the late late.

The former was the first LLS hosted by Pat Kenny after Gaybo left. Yer man was one strange fish, clearly plastered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

nullzero wrote: »
    To be fair it's probably the worst thing ever to be broadcast live.

"Mad" in the sense of shocking or completely unexpected.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

As a teen watching Noel Gallagher on the LLS was pretty special/mad at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭XsApollo

BrianD3 wrote: »
    Not sure if live or slight delay but:

The band L7 performed on The Word and the singer got her p*ssy out.

That was was after the watershed but here's one that happened at around teatime :D

Hardy the first or last time on " The Word " ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

On Live at Three, the two rabbits started humping. Derek Davis said 'Ah, the brown one has an itchy back, and the white one is helping him to scratch it' :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

The American news reporter and her camera man getting shot dead on live TV would rank high up there.

Advertisement