Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Preschool teacher

Options
  • 17-12-2020 4:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi I’m looking for some advice and I suppose to give out about preschool teacher I can’t sleep
    Because of this insane txt I got from her
    My son was out of school for two days he was sick he had a cough and his nose was running which was our decision today he was in better form and my wife brought him to school I collect him she came over to talk and said he was coughing a lot and his nose was running I looked at him in my arms his nose was dry and he not cough aleast not a lot I said he doesn’t look bad a
    And I said I’ll decide later if we bring in tomorrow because she said to let her know my wife .txt her
    To let her know he was coming in and she got a reply not to because he has two symptoms
    Of the hse guildelines he has no runne nose and just a slight cough I rang her to try to explain to her that he was fine but she kept talking over me when I spoke I will admit this was making angry and I simply said I’m bringing my son over tomorrow morning and I’ll speak to you I said it calmly and was by no means aggressive torwards
    Her said goodbye and hung up few hours later I got anasty txt say how threatening I was and no ever spoke to like this and not to come tomorrow
    And cause a seen in the phone I praised her and she is good with the children but I’m absolutely raging now I feel she txt this insane message now
    To draw me which is why I wanted to speak with her in person my son can’t go in for two days
    She is not following guidelines herself but I did not mention that
    Because I didn’t want it to be personal but it feels like she is and she won’t say any to your face it’s all txting I’m worried bout my son he is happy there but she hasn’t a clue when it comes to talking to a parent she said if you’re not happy bout how I run the school take my son somewhere else but this the problem I’m happy with what she does but as speaking to a parent she’s utterly useless should I arrange to meet her to try and resolve this but to be honest I’m absolutely raging now and I would probably give out to her my wife is the polar opposite to me but on different occasions she has collected my son but comes home almost in tears because of her
    Remarks to her so I would go to give her a break i hate to see my wife upset like that and I don’t want my son to suffer either he is happy there but her way she talks to people is totally wrong
    What do you think I should do

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭NSAman

She sounds like a right bint! Obviously one of those who is always right and will tell you so. She knows all..knows your child better than you..so basically she is on a power trip and using the “take your kid somewhere else” as a weapon.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Driver2016

NSAman wrote: »
    She sounds like a right bint! Obviously one of those who is always right and will tell you so. She knows all..knows your child better than you..so basically she is on a power trip and using the “take your kid somewhere else” as a weapon.

Who knows but she can’t tell you to your face
    She wait till you’re at home and txt you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

If he has a cough you shouldn’t have taken him to school per the HSE guidelines.

https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coronavirus/school-and-covid-19/when-it-s-ok-to-send-your-child-to-school-or-childcare.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

Ypu said at the beginning of the post that he had a runny nose so of course yes it is possible that he had a runny nose while at creche even though it was dry at the moment you picked him up.

You also said you were not agresssive with her but in the previous sentence you admitted that you were angry..... so i dont believe you when you say that you were not aggressive.

We all have to kind and patient with eachother during the pandemic.

I think you should apologise to her and keep your son off creche until he is 100 % better and be grateful if theyll take him back

bee06 wrote: »
    If he has a cough you shouldn’t have taken him to school per the HSE guidelines.

https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coronavirus/school-and-covid-19/when-it-s-ok-to-send-your-child-to-school-or-childcare.html

Thank you for the reply and I willing to accept that
    But do you think I deserve a nasty txt when I was
    Just speaking to her could she hav not arranged
    To have met me to resolve this

• Advertisement

Wesser wrote: »
    Ypu said at the beginning of the post that he had a runny nose so of course yes it is possible that he had a runny nose while at creche even though it was dry at the moment you picked him up.

You also said you were not agresssive with her but in the previous sentence you admitted that you were angry..... so i dont believe you when you say that you were not

We all have to kind and patient with eachother during the pandemic.

I think you should apologise to her and keep your son off creche until he is 100 % better and be grateful if theyll take him back
    Thanks for the reply but I wasn’t aggressive I did say that she was great with my son but if a man said what she said to a woman I genuinely think
    They be in trouble my issue is the way she speaks to parents and it’s really bothering me and if you knew me Am an easy going guy She lying a bout wat was said

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

A child should be 48 hours without symptoms to return to school/creche and you should not have brought him in. You are told not to bring him and you insist you are bringing him anyway. Hard not to see you are in the wrong here.

A child should be 48 hours without symptoms to return to school/creche and you should not have brought him in. You are told not to bring him and you insist you are bringing him anyway. Hard not to see you are in the wrong here.

Thanks for the reply and really do appreciate all
    Of them but the woman breaks them everyday
    But I didn’t want to say that to her the issue I have
    Is the way she talks to you she insuates that I’m a danger to children and herself and she has never being spoken to that way and she’s reeling she over me on the while I was speaking I feel like she’s playing a victim and or is trying to create
    More problems

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Driver2016 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply and really do appreciate all
    Of them but the woman breaks them everyday
    But I didn’t want to say that to her the issue I have
    Is the way she talks to you she insuates that I’m a danger to children and herself and she has never being spoken to that way and she’s reeling she over me on the while I was speaking I feel like she’s playing a victim and or is trying to create
    More problems

Well, if you’re ignoring the advice on when to send kids to crèche then you are a danger to her and the kids.

There’s 2 issues here. You don’t like her, and that’s fair enough if you have previous issues with her but on this she seems to be in the right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

Thanks for the reply but I wasn’t aggressive I did say that she was great with my son but if a man said what she said to a woman I genuinely think
    They be in trouble my issue is the way she speaks to parents and it’s really bothering me and if you knew me Am an easy going guy She lying a bout wat was said

Youre not an easy going guy if youre awake at 2am over a text. You saud you are raging.... that is not easy going!!

I have given you the asvice you have requested. If youre not happy to accept the advice given..... then why did you come on here to ask for advice? So many people who ask for advice on boards but actually there is only one correct piece of advice which is the advice they want to hear!

• Advertisement

Smee_Again wrote: »
    Well, if you’re ignoring the advice on when to send kids to crèche then you are a danger to her and the kids.

There’s 2 issues here. You don’t like her, and that’s fair enough if you have previous issues with her but on this she seems to be in the right.

Sure I didn’t send him in and I don’t dislike her
    But like you I’m entitled to voice my opinion

Thanks everyone for the advice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Thank you for the reply and I willing to accept that
    But do you think I deserve a nasty txt when I was
    Just speaking to her could she hav not arranged
    To have met me to resolve this

I’d say there is two of you in it. She definitely shouldn’t be meeting you if your child have Covid symptoms since you should also be restricting your movements.

Sorry OP, she's trying to keep everyone in her preschool safe, and you sent your child in with symptoms of covid.
    Did you discuss his symptoms with a doctor and then tell her that he was given the ok?
    Or did you just decide he was ok and sent him in?

It might not have been the most professional way to deal with you, but she doesn't want an outbreak causing closures. She's probably under pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Sure I didn’t send him in and I don’t dislike her
    But like you I’m entitled to voice my opinion

Thanks everyone for the advice

Sorry, that got a bit lost in the detail, you kept him home for 2 days and then sent him in on day 3 when he still had symptoms (you can't hide behind saying your wife sent him in). You also told the teacher that you were going to send him in the following day again while he was still showing symptoms.

It's the teacher I would have sympathy for here. It would appear based on the link provided that you were unaware of the HSE guidelines and rather than admit that you told the teacher you were bringing the child in and you'd speak to her then. I understand that you didn't mean that to be threatening, but I can also understand how the teacher could feel threatened by such a statement.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Primary teacher here, but if a parent told me they were going to send their covid- symptomatic child in, I'd see that as, at best, aggression.

Advertisement