Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Waterford GAA Thread - Mod note post #1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,756 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭upthedeise16

Is the match going ahead?

Unknown at this stage, prob waiting on the test result

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Dublin Dave 2014

Ballinacourty v Nire refixed for Monday @ 7.30 pm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

https://ifiplayer.ie/gaa-hurling-1959-replay

Not sure if it's been posted before but this is well worth a look.

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/EastDeiseGAA/status/1309868215233843200?s=19

Meanwhile the Ballinacourty/Abbeyside player tested negative from there Covid test and all club activities can now resume

https://twitter.com/west_waterford/status/1310280125783650306?s=19

Dungarvan vs Kill county Intermediate football final

PTH2009 wrote: »

Liam Cahill be delighted to lose players to another week of football championship.
    Any reason to why it isn’t being played tonight? I can see why both clubs wouldn’t want to play a semi final Wednesday and final at the weekend but tonight made sense to play it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭tommylad1212

Liam Cahill be delighted to lose players to another week of football championship.
    Any reason to why it isn’t being played tonight? I can see why both clubs wouldn’t want to play a semi final Wednesday and final at the weekend but tonight made sense to play it

The player in question wouldn't have been available to play tonight,
    Senior hurlers playing a challenge sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Waternut

I have to give a shout out to the Ballyhale manager after blowing Dicksboro out of the water in yesterday's Kilkenny final. I had doubts after the semi. Jockster is starting to fill out a pretty impressive managerial CV. Has he ever managed Lismore or has he ever been involved with Waterford underage?

He seems like someone the county board should be keeping tabs on and perhaps involve him with some of our underage teams.

One could only imagine what someone like him could bring to a minor or U20 team.

The player in question wouldn't have been available to play tonight,
    Senior hurlers playing a challenge sunday

He still won’t be available next Saturday if rules are followed as he would have to isolate 10 days after his first test

Any news from any the hurling challenge games ?

He still won’t be available next Saturday if rules are followed as he would have to isolate 10 days after his first test

If negative can the player not go back to gaa activities after 48 hours ?

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Jjjjjjjjbarry

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Any news from any the hurling challenge games ?

Was there a game v Dublin last weekend?

Anyone got info on the team line up?

If negative can the player not go back to gaa activities after 48 hours ?

The player in question played tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Giveitfong

That result will please Liam Cahill. He will get the Fourmilewater players back now, whereas the Abbeyside players on the county panel are injured anyway. A Nire victory would have meant him having none of them back.

• Advertisement

Playing Kilkenny in a challenge match today

Any news from that

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭whiteandblue

Giveitfong wrote: »
    That result will please Liam Cahill. He will get the Fourmilewater players back now, whereas the Abbeyside players on the county panel are injured anyway. A Nire victory would have meant him having none of them back.

Conor Gleeson came off injured in the football match and Tom Barron didn't start due to injury

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

dungarvan gaa club in a bit of bother it seems, confirmed covid case yesterday, player apparently played in intermediate county football final on Saturday. some serious explaining to be done here

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭whiteandblue

Deisegodeo wrote: »
    dungarvan gaa club in a bit of bother it seems, confirmed covid case yesterday, player apparently played in intermediate county football final on Saturday. some serious explaining to be done here

A silly decision by the player to play, he's after putting a lot people at risk but the club, as far as I'm aware, had no idea about the test

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

A silly decision by the player to play, he's after putting a lot people at risk but the club, as far as I'm aware, had no idea about the test
    Crazy and incredibly irresponsible if true, I had to go for a test back in August myself, you restrict your movements until you get the result, simple as that...

I tested negative myself

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

silly decision by the player alright. but the dungarvan statement last night seems to indicate that the player was following club instructions, so dungarvan gaa club thought it was fine for a player awaiting a test result to play a match? a misunderstanding of the regulations

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭big_drive

You'd want to be very slow to misunderstand the regulations. Its very clear really while someone is waiting on a result, any bit of common sense would be enough

• Registered Users Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭deisedude

Deisegodeo wrote: »
    silly decision by the player alright. but the dungarvan statement last night seems to indicate that the player was following club instructions, so dungarvan gaa club thought it was fine for a player awaiting a test result to play a match? a misunderstanding of the regulations

Horshesh1t excuse from Dungarvan. If they were unsure they should have asked the county board for clarification.

They placed a greater value on winning a trophy than the health of their team, opponents and community.

The book should be thrown at them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭deiseach

The Club clearly has a lot to answer for. Thank goodness no people were involved in taking any decisions though, eh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

deisedude wrote: »
    Horshesh1t excuse from Dungarvan. If they were unsure they should have asked the county board for clarification.

They placed a greater value on winning a trophy than the health of their team, opponents and community.

The book should be thrown at them

They could have asked the dog on the street. Everyone knows including Dungarvan GAA, they just got caught and are trying to cover their own arses.

Advertisement