Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Jumpers are Coming 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Envoi Allen going over Fences anyway

JLT seems to be favoured by all accounts. Poxy race for a horse of that calibre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Slattsy wrote: »
    JLT seems to be favoured by all accounts. Poxy race for a horse of that calibre.

Vautour is cross with u

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

That race does dilute the Arkle somewhat. And the Arkle itself has a track record of being favourable to 3milers in the past such as Kicking King, Captain Chris, My way de Solzen, Cue Card and Sizing John either winning or second, so don't rule him out for that yet, if its an open renewal.At least it doesn't destroy horses like the RSA does.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

At least it doesn't destroy horses like the RSA does.

Absolute myth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

First ante-post! Micro Manage for the Supreme @25/1. Future target according to David Casey on the TV there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

lemush wrote: »
    Absolute myth.

Can't agree with that to be honest, the evidence is pretty irrefutable. Bobs worth and Lord Widemere were held up as examples to refute the claim but outside of their two GC wins neither won a single other race of note.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Can't agree with that to be honest, the evidence is pretty irrefutable. Bobs worth and Lord Widemere were held up as examples to refute the claim but outside of their two GC wins neither won a single other race of note.

Bob's Worth won a Hennessy and a Lexus!

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

The comment was that the race "destroys horses", it's incredibly lazy analysis that gets thrown around come every spring. Even the soft Might Bite won a King George after his RSA win, Don Poli won a Lexus after, Albertas Run went on to be a festival legend whilst a certain Denman didn't turn out too bad either.

To say the race destroys horses is bollox to put it lightly and bringing up two subsequent GC winners (Bob's Worth won a Hennesy off top weight, and a Lexus chase along with his GC) only strengthens that view.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Rabbit Redux

At least it doesn't destroy horses like the RSA does.

Winning a Sun Alliance Chase didn't do Denman too much harm, and Albertas Run dropped back in trip after winning it to land two Ryanairs and a Melling Chase. Might Bite won a King George the season after winning his RSA. That theory doesn't really stack up.

Coneygree wrote: »
    Bob's Worth won a Hennessy and a Lexus!

Hands up had forgotten about his Lexus win, but beating Tidal Bay in a handicap receiving 6lbs and beating First Lieutenant by a little over a length is hardly noteworthy form

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Denman won an RSA also.

Good horses have no issue with it. There are also hard luck stories like Weopons Amnesty or TopoftheGAme.

There is a squeak of an argument around it affecting a horse constitution , but Don Poli, Might Bite and dare I say it Pres Percy are hardly unsuccessful horsies either.

Bostons Angel never got the mud he loved after and the same could be said O'Faoillains Boy albeit he preferred good ground.

I don't think it destroys good horses, sure Al Boum Photo was bet and then fell 2 out when he ran.

First AP done
    Percy 25s in GC
    I know.... I know.....
    But..... Gordon might, just might work the magic and anyway, it gave me a warm fuzzy feeling so feck it 😊

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Denman won an RSA also.

Good horses have no issue with it. There are also hard luck stories like Weopons Amnesty or TopoftheGAme.

There is a squeak of an argument around it affecting a horse constitution , but Don Poli, Might Bite and dare I say it Pres Percy are hardly unsuccessful horsies either.

Bostons Angel never got the mud he loved after and the same could be said O'Faoillains Boy albeit he preferred good ground.

I don't think it destroys good horses, sure Al Boum Photo was bet and then fell 2 out when he ran.

The original comment wasn't mine and I do agree that a blanket statement that "it destroys horses" is over the top, there is little doubt that it has left a mark on plenty of horses, it is after all a 3m championship race for novices where they have to travel faster than they ever have, I think its fair to say its not for everyone. And of course Denman was a freak!!

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

The original comment wasn't mine and I do agree that a blanket statement that "it destroys horses" is over the top, there is little doubt that it has left a mark on plenty of horses, it is after all a 3m championship race for novices where they have to travel faster than they ever have, I think its fair to say its not for everyone. And of course Denman was a freak!!

The original quote was mine, and on reflection, I maybe did oversell it with the word 'destroy'. But the race always worries me when I see them legless at the end of it. I really hope Champ and Allaho can serve it up to them this season but I'm pessimistic. If I was Envois owner, the season would revolve around the Arkle then King George the following Christmas to test the 3miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

So any hype horses this season.. I see JP has been busy with chequebook again

A lot of talk about this Micro Manage from Closutton
    Jon Snow could be interesting and of course you have the Andy Dufresnes etc altho he starting to remind me of Blue Sari
    Malone Rd hugely interesting, and my personal fav to watch this year is Gypsy Island, must see about getting a "win any race" price for Cheltenham
    I think she could be very very special

JP bought this P2P horse by the name of Gars De Sceaux (Gordon will train it) thats been talked up in certain circles
    Won its P2P in Borris House by 6 lengths and he bought the horse than finished 2nd that day also Magic Tricks

JP bought this P2P horse by the name of Gars De Sceaux (Gordon will train it) thats been talked up in certain circles
    Won its P2P in Borris House by 6 lengths and he bought the horse than finished 2nd that day also Magic Tricks

Probably win the Irish National in 4-5 years.

We will never know when to be getting on and you can be sure it will be losing races also.

You will make more money backing the Queen of England's string in fairness, they are always trying anyways.

There is nothing to see here, please move on.

mcmanus-660x430.jpg

I never got why he has nevered named a horse " The crafty wee hoooer " or something similar. If I go missing I loved you all.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Probably win the Irish National in 4-5 years.

We will never know when to be getting on and you can be sure it will be losing races also.

You will make more money backing the Queen of England's string in fairness, they are always trying anyways.

There is nothing to see here, please move on.

mcmanus-660x430.jpg

I never got why he has nevered named a horse " The crafty wee hoooer " or something similar. If I go missing I loved you all.
    Moron, he already has a horse called Shady Operator. Perfect name!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭New Era

Former Cheltenham Gold Cup winner Sizing John is entered for a 2 and a half mile conditions chase, on the opening day of the Listowel harvest racing festival, commencing on this Sunday. Hope he runs, but the warm and dry weather recently might scupper his welcome reappearance to the racecourse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Gigginstown and Hemmings had some sold today

Dortmund Park - £1500
    Mengli Khan - £63k
    Duca De Thaix - £75k
    Petit Mouch - £70k

Mount Mews - £16k

madmoose wrote: »
    Gigginstown and Hemmings had some sold today

Dortmund Park - £1500
    Mengli Khan - £63k
    Duca De Thaix - £75k
    Petit Mouch - £70k

Mount Mews - £16k

65 for mengli, jeepers.

Always thought dortmund park could have been a contender. Spat the dummy early enough, was a decent novice.

French breds go to shight early enough, although petit mouch should have a few runs left.

Still a glimmer of hope for Mengli fans this summer

Petit Mouch back to Gordons

Mengli going to Hendersons

Fury Road is staying over Hurdles this season

Who had Malone Rd for the Supreme......?
    Not happening

Who had Malone Rd for the Supreme......?
    Not happening

Me!

Me!

Sorry for your troubles Sluttsy

Sorry for your troubles Sluttsy

He's better than that! Keep the faith todger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Long way to go but is it strange such a highly thought of horse had begun his campaign relatively early? Was first entered to run early August Iirc.

Advertisement