Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RTE 1: 'Today' with Claire Byrne

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭roshje

Was the weekend sports review on today? Usually tune in around 11.40 but didn't hear it. Did I miss it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

roshje wrote: »
    Was the weekend sports review on today? Usually tune in around 11.40 but didn't hear it. Did I miss it?

Wasn't in podcast feed so I assume not. Interview with taoiseach took a good chunk of time, so may have got pushed. Hope they keep the segment though, its a nice little roundup for a Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

elperello wrote: »
    Deep end in the context of starting a new gig with a really big interview.

Of course as you say she is experienced but even someone with her experience must be a bit daunted taking over such a big show.

I don't think she blew it at all.

Too soon to make a definitive judgement.

Thought she sailed through it without a blip.

I think it might be what the college radio fans are missing. Professionals get it done without fan fair. You hardly notice it.

I've never really heard RTE sound cheap and unprofessional before Sarah Mc. It had a spin 103 feel to the show. Awful stuff.

Pretty much anyone can do what Sarah Mc can do. I'd have a go at that myself. Very few can do what CB can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Abel Ruiz

limnam wrote: »

I've never really heard RTE sound cheap and unprofessional before Sarah Mc. It had a spin 103 feel to the show. Awful stuff.

Jaysus

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭john123470

Thought she sailed through it without a blip ...

Pretty much anyone can do what Sarah Mc can do. I'd have a go at that myself.

= Is the why we end up wth the likes of CB, da D'Arse'y, Duffy, Kathryn Turnip, Turbidy. All of em 'havin a go'.
    Nothing left on RTE radio for me now but the weather forecast and thats Fun just to hear em get it wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

Pretty much anyone can do what Sarah Mc can do. I'd have a go at that myself. Very few can do what CB can do.

This is hilarious.

This forum is a great laugh

john123470 wrote: »
    = Is the why we end up wth the likes of CB, da D'Arse'y, Duffy, Kathryn Turnip, Turbidy. All of em 'havin a go'.
    Nothing left on RTE radio for me now but the weather forecast and thats Fun just to hear em get it wrong

I think you missed the point.

Getting all uppity and starting a childish spat on radio with some of the most incompetent politicians known to man. Is easy enough. You could pull someone from a pub to do it. That's what Sarah Mc does. It's unprofessional. It's child like. Anyone could do it.

Flowing through a show with professionalism and delivering a silky, mistake free few hours is extremely difficult.

That's the difference between someone like CB and the completely unsuitable for a "grown up" show Sarah Mc.

Just read the twitter reactions.

The lowest common denominator of Irish society bulling because there's not an angry bumbling idiot interrupting MM.

These are not radio fans. If you want to listen to that sort of rubbish go to the pub and listen to the arm chair experts talking over each other.

That's not what radio is about.

I think you missed the point.

Getting all uppity and starting a childish spat on radio with some of the most incompetent politicians known to man. Is easy enough. You could pull someone from a pub to do it. That's what Sarah Mc does. It's unprofessional. It's child like. Anyone could do it.

Flowing through a show with professionalism and delivering a silky, mistake free few hours is extremely difficult.

That's the difference between someone like CB and the completely unsuitable for a "grown up" show Sarah Mc.

Just read the twitter reactions.

The lowest common denominator of Irish society bulling because there's not an angry bumbling idiot interrupting MM.

These are not radio fans. If you want to listen to that sort of rubbish go to the pub and listen to the arm chair experts talking over each other.

That's not what radio is about.

Words fail me

• Registered Users Posts: 28,774 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Words fail me
    I think that's what the ignore button is for, tbh.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭Mav11

Thought she sailed through it without a blip.

I think it might be what the college radio fans are missing. Professionals get it done without fan fair. You hardly notice it.

I thought the Sarah Mc thread had closed? You really need to leave it go.

• Advertisement

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I think that's what the ignore button is for, tbh.....

Yeah, but......................................! Think of what you'd miss:)

Mav11 wrote: »
    I thought the Sarah Mc thread had closed? You really need to leave it go.

Happy to, I was replying to all the other posters discussing her :)

Happy to, I was replying to all the other posters discussing her :)

And as for college radio......................

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭franglan

Who's this bollocks - didn't drink and drive because she was a judge. Yeah I'm not a judge and don't drink and drive fam - your occupation shouldn't come into your ~judgement.

Maybe I'm wrong but the format of the show seems to be switching to that of light magazine rather that cutting edge current affairs. Discuss!!

Maybe I'm wrong but the format of the show seems to be switching to that of light magazine rather that cutting edge current affairs. Discuss!!
    Can you say that 15 minutes into day 2??

franglan wrote: »
    Who's this bollocks - didn't drink and drive because she was a judge. Yeah I'm not a judge and don't drink and drive fam - your occupation shouldn't come into your ~judgement.

We're talking about someone who would have started drinking in the late 1930's

Can you say that 15 minutes into day 2??

I said maybe I'm wrong:)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,279 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

This wan is a bit scatty

Who’s idea was it to get her on

I said maybe I'm wrong:)
    Maybe you are, maybe you're not, I just think it's far too early to even try to judge!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

don't think anybody over 80 should be on the radio

Maybe you are, maybe you're not, I just think it's far too early to even try to judge!
    True, but can it not be discussed?

don't think anybody over 80 should be on the radio
    Ah here!

Gillian Hussey was an absolute legend of a DJ, I'd always have time for her. Never did anyone tell it like it is quite like her!

True, but can it not be discussed?
    evidence?

evidence?

Discussion not empiricism.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Jaysus, it's hard enough to listen to SR without having to put up with a cr4p line as well

Discussion not empiricism.
    examples?

examples?

Of?

• Site Banned Posts: 280 ✭✭CertifiedSimp

This wan is a bit scatty

Who’s idea was it to get her on

"So what do you think of that?"

"....................................................well.....I can only speak from mine......I wouldn't have gone"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,401 ✭✭✭boardise

Will Yam wrote: »
    Except Pat would spend god knows how long telling us how much he knows about the subject matter.

Happened again today.
    He puts a question and asks the questionee -is theanswer a, b, c or d ? The answer was literally -All of the above!

This is a most annoying feature of all interviewers. -that they use this multiple choice format. A good producer would stamp this out . Ask an open question and let the expert responder select the answer applying their own emphasis and priority.

Advertisement