Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Talking Sopranos with Michael Imperioli and Steve Schirripa

• 03-07-2020 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDUH23ccuK5a2rhKqE1HcEw

Great podcast, they do a podcast for each episode and sometimes have a guest on.

I am doing a rewatch of the series and next day will listen to the corresponding episode.

It's still a work in progress...

Very interesting listen - especially Imperioli - very interesting guy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

If it was just 'Christopher' doing it with a host I'd definitely listen religiously, but the fat lad is so overbearing and annoying that I have to turn it off after about 20 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

If it was just 'Christopher' doing it with a host I'd definitely listen religiously, but the fat lad is so overbearing and annoying that I have to turn it off after about 20 minutes.

Yeah, I do get that, "Chris" is definitely more knowledgeable and interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭d8491prj5boyvg

Steve Schirripa has no filter! Complaining about people he didn't get on with in the business. Can be annoying but very entertaining. Imperioli keeps out of it.

The backstage chat is very good and the great to hear the stories, especially about Tony Sirico. That guy has lived.

The format is a good framework to move the series along but the best parts are the chats and stories and getting guests on.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,112 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

They were actually going to be doing the show live in Dublin on the night the Champions league final was originally scheduled, then Covid changed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Icemancometh

Steve Schrippa has turned me off calzones for life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

He's a bit moody. A lot of the guests seem to have a history with Michael and when they are reminiscing about the old days you can see Steve getting annoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

I like Steve. He's a good foil to the more thoughtful and introspective imperioli. Bit rough at the start but ever since s2 it's been great. Look forward to it every week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Renegadema

Think there’s been a row up in the camp. Egos rubbing up against each other at the end of the show today. Awful childish.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭radharc

Renegadema wrote: »
    Think there’s been a row up in the camp. Egos rubbing up against each other at the end of the show today. Awful childish.

This week’s show? If you’re talking about the t shirts it was clearly banter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Enjoying it alot. Loads of sopranos podcasts at the moment. Favourite is poda bing. Whoa that guy does it frame by frame

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,883 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

I remember Steve Shirippa making an appearance on that gawd awful show PJ Gallagher did where he went to America as Jake Stephen's. He came across as a temperamental chap though it was probably staged to an extent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Enjoying it alot. Loads of sopranos podcasts at the moment. Favourite is poda bing. Whoa that guy does it frame by frame

Poda Bing is the gold standard. Ideally Vic and Michael would be doing the retrospective together haha

Advertisement