Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bikes on donedeal, ebay, adverts etc..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

gn3dr wrote: »
    Where are all the cheap ones or like you say are they snapped up so quickly that all the stuff that is too expensive just sits on Done deal? Bike price expectations in Ireland for 2nd hand stuff is crazy high.

Check out fb marketplace and done deal some incredibly Savage deals gone in hours.
    Well priced bikes don't sit, over priced do.
    A vast majority of the bikes on the market are way overpriced.
    I seen a yellow 2004 cbr600rr for 4k, for the same price theres 04 cbr 100rr, hyabusas, cheaper 600's of the same vintage.
    Only worth what people will pay and you'd want to be a special kind of stupid to pay 4I for a 04 cbr600 rr

• Registered Users Posts: 12,101 ✭✭✭✭blade1

shuyin1 wrote: »
    Not many good bikes in 400cc range, high kms and overpriced.

Not many good bikes in the 400cc range full stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

Well, I will admit that I have been on the market for an mk1 bandit or sv650 for a while and every time a good turns up for the 2 to 3k price it seems to take off in no time at all. I think a good MK1 will hold its value as most have been canned over the years.

Dan.

Well, I will admit that I have been on the market for an mk1 bandit or sv650 for a while and every time a good turns up for the 2 to 3k price it seems to take off in no time at all. I think a good MK1 will hold its value as most have been canned over the years.

Newer shape one?

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/2004-sv650s/24772439

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭gn3dr

2 to 3 k for a mk1 Bandit? Is that not a bit mad?

• Advertisement

gn3dr wrote: »
    2 to 3 k for a mk1 Bandit? Is that not a bit mad?

Thats the money people are asking. I might point out I tend to go for ones in very good shape.
    Bike shops will ask for 1800 euro for a 98 reg bike in fair condition. Some bike shops even stick to 2k and will not budge no matter what.

Dan.

blade1 wrote: »

No I would be looking for the first-gen.

Dan.

No I would be looking for the first-gen.

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭emo72

Why?

Always thought the first gen was the best looking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,615 ✭✭✭✭listermint

emo72 wrote: »

Eye of the beholder and all that :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

MojoMaker wrote: »
    Stick it up Richard, I'm considering an early 'Bird as my next bike.

Red 99 on donedeal now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

And my SO sold a mint Mk1 SV650s last year for 1800........you live & you learn...

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

emo72 wrote: »

Gen 2 sharper looking imo

Don't think the gen 1 has aged well at all.

Would you pick carbs over FI?

I suppose not an issue until they are an issue :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭H_Lime

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagebikes-for-sale/kawasaki-z1300/24058649
    The mighty z13 weighing in at a negotiable 8k.

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagebikes-for-sale/hondamatic/24572076
    Automatic Honda before automatic Honda were de rigueur. Uses the engine oil to hydraulically turn a vane fo drive. Oil changes every 1900 miles to you sir.

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagebikes-for-sale/motorcycle-wheel-building/21170615
    Handy wheel building service. Anyone used em?

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagebikes-for-sale/yamaha-ty-pinky/24771188?campaign=3
    Small bit of tidying and 1500 quid.

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagebikes-for-sale/cb900/24662939
    Freddy Spencer ama or rsc rep rep here I come, strong money but looks new. Is that a full laser and jmc underbraced swinger I see before me.

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagebikes-for-sale/honda-african-twin-xrv-750/24682404
    Ah yes the lesser spotted ethnically diverse "AFRICAN" Twin, not to be confused with the africa twin. God the paints clean, but an awful shell suit scheme. Sensible money mind you and looks good mechanically and cosmetically.

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagebikes-for-sale/yamaha-tzr-125r-ypvs-2t-immaculate-bike/24687174
    God she's a beauty. She's at the thick end of 4k but you never know. If a fella had one as a well heeled whipper snapper and can still fit on it nostalgia might spur him on?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    For fans of Prince, stick a fairing on the second one and paint it purple.:pac:

Re: The TZR, friend had one at the time while I had an nsr125 (foxeye)

Mine was red but I remember superbike in cork had a new one at one stage in a kinda urban tiger paint scheme.
    Like so
    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/235519934479246/

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

A mate's friend got a Z1300 when they first came out. Left it running on the sidestand outside the chipper, oil starvation ensued - cooked the engine.

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    A mate's friend got a Z1300 when they first came out. Left it running on the sidestand outside the chipper, oil starvation ensued - cooked the engine.

Was that a thing with them?

H_Lime wrote: »
    If you did that (he was basically posing apparently) I'd say it is possible. It was running for about 10 minutes or so I heard. New engine time; he was loaded - working on big turbines abroad.

Not your ornery onager

Earlier ones had a smaller sump.
    They were the ones that suffered from oil starvation.

• Advertisement

If you did that (he was basically posing apparently) I'd say it is possible. It was running for about 10 minutes or so I heard. New engine time; he was loaded - working on big turbines abroad.
    Earlier ones had a smaller sump.
    They were the ones that suffered from oil starvation.

Never knew!

Stop your grinning and dop your linen!
    https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/motorbike/24797708

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭KildareMan

What the flip has happened there? And why are my eyes bleeding?

KildareMan wrote: »
    What the flip has happened there? And why are my eyes bleeding?

One man horrorshow is another's masterpiece, so I tread carefully as I may be treading on someone's dreams but that is, I believe, an example of the German street fighter seat unit craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭KildareMan

One man horrorshow is another's masterpiece, so I tread carefully as I may be treading on someone's dreams but that is, I believe, an example of the German street fighter seat unit craic.

Never mind treading carefully. That needs stamping on. Now.

Even on the mainstand, your older classic carbed bike engine can be harmed at tickover/idle - found this while looking up the MT-07!

https://www.cycleworld.com/story/motorcycle-racing/how-throttle-blipping-came-to-be/

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭veetwin

Any thoughts on this;

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagebikes-for-sale/yamaha-xs-750/24784658

I've had an 1983 XJ750 which I loved until some plank pulled out in front of me 20 years ago and it ended up being written off. Thinking of running it for a year as a second bike and selling it on breaking even at least.

Different bike altogether to the XJ, you obviously know that. Think that model (1977) still had points ignition, and the 2nd gear issue. From Wikipedia:

"Problems with reliability led to a further release in 1977. A particular problem was with 2nd gear. This had a habit of dropping into neutral under load. Canny riders would short-shift from 1st to 3rd gear; the engine had enough torque to support this technique. The Yamaha fix tended to be temporary, so not worth doing. "

There was an XJ750 Seca Turbo in the States, not sure if it made up Europe? The regular XJ750 there was cruiser style.

Not your ornery onager

Friend of mine had one in the 70's and bought again lately, as new resto. He loved it, will ask him bout his ownership second time round.

Different bike altogether to the XJ, you obviously know that. Think that model (1977) still had points ignition, and the 2nd gear issue. From Wikipedia:

"Problems with reliability led to a further release in 1977. A particular problem was with 2nd gear. This had a habit of dropping into neutral under load. Canny riders would short-shift from 1st to 3rd gear; the engine had enough torque to support this technique. The Yamaha fix tended to be temporary, so not worth doing. "

There was an XJ750 Seca Turbo in the States, not sure if it made up Europe? The regular XJ750 there was cruiser style.

I know where there's a couple of Seca's.
    Whether they are for sale is another thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭veetwin

I know where there's a couple of Seca's.
    Whether they are for sale is another thing.

Yeah would love to hear of a Seca/Maxim if there is one going.

Thanks all for the valuable information.

Advertisement