Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Statement of Liability 2019

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭ChewyLouie

I submitted online around 7am on 2nd Jan. Notification it was "received" on 9th Jan and to expect statement on 17th Jan... still waiting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

ChewyLouie wrote: »
    I submitted online around 7am on 2nd Jan. Notification it was "received" on 9th Jan and to expect statement on 17th Jan... still waiting.

I got that same email notification on the 9th as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Just checked and mine was put in the Documents section yesterday.

Hadn't received any notification, so worth checking.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭devil-80

I still don't have it. Should be on 17th.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

GooglePlus wrote: »
    Just checked and mine was put in the Documents section yesterday.

Hadn't received any notification, so worth checking.

When did you submit yours, if you don't mind me asking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭applejunkie

I did mine on the 2nd at 11am. Email on 9th saying would be ready the 17th . Nothing yet .....

Taking their time . I'm due tax back too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Sono

Just rang there and they confirmed these will be issued tmw.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

How long do the refunds take to come into our bank accounts? I was stupidly counting on my refund for an expense and its looking like it won't be here on time now.

As an aside, they must be crazy busy in there to say they're so late with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Submitted mine on the 10th and still waiting. This was much quicker in previous years. No point ringing them is there?
    I was also given confirmation it would be ready on the 17th but still nothing.

Submitted mine on the 10th too

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Bojill

Sono wrote: »
    Just rang there and they confirmed these will be issued tmw.

I wouldn't bank on it, some of them are out already.
    They've been giving out different timelines since 17th.
    Not sure anyone in there knows 100 per cent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 dublinstuff

How long do the refunds take to come into our bank accounts? I was stupidly counting on my refund for an expense and its looking like it won't be here on time now.

They say that it is 3 - 5 working days currently. From my experience, it takes 48 hours from time I can view P21/SOL to receiving funds. I would imagine they will do a payment run Wednesday/Thursday of this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭ChewyLouie

Same - was relying on the refunds to be in before this coming weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Magsertails

Mine and my husband's both went in on 02.01 about 8am. Email recvd that day to give ref numbers and say they got them, then email received 09.01 to say available from 17.01 and nothing. Seems to be random , not in order of reciept.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Soulsun

Spoke with RC today, they advised all will be issued tmw morning. They have had technical issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Starkystark

I’m completely clueless - I thought since the whole “modernisation” that there was no need for form 12, balancing statements etc. as your taxation was now done on a “real-time” basis!

Last year - I underpaid money! So I was hoping there would be an end to silly errors of overpayments and overpayments.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭relax carry on

I’m completely clueless - I thought since the whole “modernisation” that there was no need for form 12, balancing statements etc. as your taxation was now done on a “real-time” basis!

Last year - I underpaid money! So I was hoping there would be an end to silly errors of overpayments and overpayments.

It is/will cut down on some overpayment/underpayment issues but there still be issues of multiple employment's in year, emergency tax issues etc where people's PAYE has not been worked out correctly/efficiently. Also people still have additional incomes to declare via form 12s and some additional tax reliefs to claim such as tax reliefs in health expenses.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭macnug

Like others put ours in on the 2nd, got an email to say 17th, nothing since.

Just a quick question for anyone in the know. We got married in October last, Ive read before that if you get married and overpaid tax due to being classed as single, which we did, you'll be refunded that in the p21. I didn't see this option on the online form 12 so will this be an automatic refund?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Soulsun

macnug wrote: »
    Like others put ours in on the 2nd, got an email to say 17th, nothing since.

Just a quick question for anyone in the know. We got married in October last, Ive read before that if you get married and overpaid tax due to being classed as single, which we did, you'll be refunded that in the p21. I didn't see this option on the online form 12 so will this be an automatic refund?

Yes it will be auto refund if you select that your status changed during the year and the date of marriage.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭macnug

Soulsun wrote: »
    Yes it will be auto refund if you select that your status changed during the year and the date of marriage.

Well we changed the status in 2019 so we were already down as married when filling out the the form. Because we were down as married the only change I could do on the form was divorced etc. so i said no change. I take it it still should be automatic though. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

macnug wrote: »
    Well we changed the status in 2019 so we were already down as married when filling out the the form. Because we were down as married the only change I could do on the form was divorced etc. so i said no change. I take it it still should be automatic though. Thanks.

A refund only arises if you were at different tax rates, e.g. one on 20% rate and one on 40%

• Advertisement

Anyone get anything yet this morning??

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭applejunkie

No just checked there . Nothing 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Still processing for me anyway. Maybe it will be run during office hours.

Still processing for me anyway. Maybe it will be run during office hours.

Fingers crossed. I'll post here when/if I get something so people know they are hopefully on the way and hopefully we all get them around the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭rudders

Got my statement of liability yesterday folks so they are incoming.

rudders wrote: »
    Got my statement of liability yesterday folks so they are incoming.

Can u remember how early/late in the day it came in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Sono

Nothing here yet either.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Rosstopher

Nothing here. From experience you’d only ever see new documents first thing the following morning after it’s been processed.

However it remains to be seen given the backlog and exceptional circumstances if it will be different this time. Would be interested to see if anyone who gets theirs knows if it came through during the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭devil-80

Nothing here too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Is it the Statement of Liability that tells you if you are/how much you are due for a refund/repayment?

Advertisement