Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Worst/Best Radio Ads rerun edition!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Dacia Duster Ad with a johnny-come-lately Celtic Tiger ****er with a DORT accent making a quip about 'guess who won't be going to Wexford this year' ho, ho, ho - hope he holidays in China or Teneriffe instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,120 ✭✭✭plodder

"Don't mind me. I'm a business person .... going about my businesssssss ....."
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,699 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

The lad with the midlands accent trying to sound like a dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭KildareP

JAMMER JAMMER JAMMER
    JAMMER DOTH I E
    JAMMER JAMMER JAMMER
    JAMMER DOTH I E
    It’s the place you’ve got to be
    Apparently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

padd b1975 wrote: »
    The lad with the midlands accent trying to sound like a dog.

That really annoys me. I change channel every time it comes on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 KawaiiEir

plodder wrote: »
    "Don't mind me. I'm a business person .... going about my businesssssss ....."
    :mad:

Honestly, I'm not a violent person but was someone would have to physically stop me from bashing that guy's head in. That annoying, smug voice. They were trying to irritate us with that AD and it worked....not sure what they're trying to pull. The previous AD was even more annoying and really seedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

BIG SALE......go Harvey go.
    Makes me want to punch somebody. Preferably the owner of Harvey Norman.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,720 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The Lidl voiceover which sounds like a washed up Irish comedian.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

The new Ford advert with the rabbits :mad::mad::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

The Lidl voiceover which sounds like a washed up Irish comedian.

Bernard O’Shea, is it? He’s not “washed up” just yet.

The tide is turning…

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

That Double Base ad is back again. Someone auger my eardrums out please.

Bernard O’Shea, is it? He’s not “washed up” just yet.
    True but he's not a comedian either......

That Ricky Gervais show one with the trademark demented hyena laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,517 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

BIG SALE......go Harvey go.
    Makes me want to punch somebody. Preferably the owner of Harvey Norman.

I thought they couldn’t find another occcasion for a sale, but they actually had a February 29th leap year sale! Desperation.

I thought they couldn’t find another occcasion for a sale, but they actually had a February 29th leap year sale! Desperation.

If they were giving stuff away for free I wouldn't go near them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

The ad with the 2 lads waying "what" and they end up being rabbits. What a dumb ad. I can't even remember what it's for.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

I wish Cooney, Mooney and Rooney would f*ck off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

"we do it in the bedroom, we do it in the toilet...", the audio quality is weird on her voice. I can't decide if she's got marbles on her mouth or recorded her part over the phone, awful!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

"we do it in the bedroom, we do it in the toilet...", the audio quality is weird on her voice. I can't decide if she's got marbles on her mouth or recorded her part over the phone, awful!

The whole Ad is dire and is an example of lavatorial school boy humour.

The new anti prostitution one.

I thought I was listening to an ad from 1950s Ireland.

• Advertisement

The new anti prostitution one. I thought I was listening to an ad from 1950s Ireland.

Yeah this bugs me as well. It's the sneering, mocking tone. And the assumption that all men who use prostitutes are sneaky married men, cheating on their wives. When I'd say a large amount of their clientele are just single guys that can't get a woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,517 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

I may have considered going to Ricky Gervais, not sure after that ad. Iv seen him a couple of times but never thought he was pushing the arrogant comedian style.

I may have considered going to Ricky Gervais, not sure after that ad. Iv seen him a couple of times but never thought he was pushing the arrogant comedian style.

Would he consider himself a comedian?

Yeah this bugs me as well. It's the sneering, mocking tone. And the assumption that all men who use prostitutes are sneaky married men, cheating on their wives. When I'd say a large amount of their clientele are just single guys that can't get a woman.

Of course they'll ALL be married men and have poor little kiddies who'll have to be told why Daddy was bold and is going away for a while.

Supposedly it's a Ruhama vehicle, those lovely people once involved with the Laundries.
    Stones, glass houses.

Fairly odd timing when it comes on, well before the watershed.

Supposedly it's a Ruhama vehicle, those lovely people once involved with the Laundries. Stones, glass houses.

You can certainly tell a lot of their opinion of men from the advert. They would never get away with such blanket assertions against any other demographic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

The advert for Rory Best's new book, jesus its painfully boring and monotone....:(

SpitfireIV wrote: »
    The advert for Rory Best's new book, jesus its painfully boring and monotone....:(

I just checked that on Audible yesterday. They have some other guy voicing it, but I might get it just to listen to it in the car.

https://www.audible.co.uk/pd/My-Autobiography-Audiobook/1529362431?qid=1583574385&sr=1-1&ref=a_search_c3_lProduct_1_1&pf_rd_p=c6e316b8-14da-418d-8f91-b3cad83c5183&pf_rd_r=13SY2BR89X48DP6DB50J

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

“ we are the Reillys and we’re all living the life of Aldi “, the whole retard family shouting it out together in a droll mid lands accents , it’s like a caricature of the Irish by the Germans .... problem is the country is full of these types .

123.ie "give better a try."

Better what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭tommytee

Anyone else get the urge to break things when they hear the ARC FIRE ad on newstalk, jesus H, you put some IT system in - stop talking it up, not like you f'n invented the interweb,
    and whats with the stupid name "Rigney Dolphin" FFS!!!!!!!!

Advertisement