Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classic Hits.

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Jank1

Lol @ civil servant lifer Michael O’Keeffe saying that CH & Nova ad to the diversity of the airwaves, they do nothing of the sort, both stations are junk.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Walking_Wolf

Classic Hits has its contract with the BAI extended for a further 10 years.

https://radiotoday.ie/2021/01/contracts-renewed-for-classic-hits-and-radio-nova/

So that's 10 more years of Niall Boylan.. that makes me shudder.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

So that's 10 more years of Niall Boylan.. that makes me shudder.

"But what was the year?":D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭prunudo

Jank1 wrote: »
    Lol @ civil servant lifer Michael O’Keeffe saying that CH & Nova ad to the diversity of the airwaves, they do nothing of the sort, both stations are junk.

Yes they have their flaws particularly Nova's classic rock playlist :) and breakfast show but when you scan the dial they are about the only 2 stations that just get on with playing music throughout the day (excluding Niall Boylans show obviously). And when you have the radio on all day at work thats a hard thing to find these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

prunudo wrote: »
    Yes they have their flaws particularly Nova's classic rock playlist :) and breakfast show but when you scan the dial they are about the only 2 stations that just get on with playing music throughout the day (excluding Niall Boylans show obviously). And when you have the radio on all day at work thats a hard thing to find these days.

Thats what Tunein etc are for.....so you dont need to support the BAI ..;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 TheJockster

It reads to me that these two men have gotten newly created roles and no PDS/ceos have left either station. I'm not sure why now are they splashing out on new consultants, it's very hard to see Classic Hits making much future investment in programming when the economy will be in absolute ruin post covid and all the government advertising will have dried up when they didn't do it from 2015-2019 when the economy was growing, that bloody CSI is as stale as Fix it Friday was in the end

Andy Matthews and Sean Ashmore are gone from Classic Hits. The named 3 will now manage classic Hits and Nova. Lots of changes coming and tbh most are lunacy but sure look we shall see.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 TheJockster

The actual owner of CH/RN is very wealthy.

Is Sean and Andy gone?:eek:

Shocked at that. What, Sean in particular, doesn't know about radio not worth knowing. Lives and breathes radio. You'd as likely find him half way up a radio mast than behind the CEO desk. About 10 years with CH.

Yep, absolute legend whenever I met him, brannigan hasn't a clue, let's watch the rise in numbers for classic Hits plummet with their changes. Absolute disaster

• Yep, absolute legend whenever I met him, brannigan hasn't a clue, let's watch the rise in numbers for classic Hits plummet with their changes. Absolute disaster

Feck, sorry to hear that, but they both have other interests. KB would have very little interest in CH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Jank1

Andy Matthews and Sean Ashmore are gone from Classic Hits. The named 3 will now manage classic Hits and Nova. Lots of changes coming and tbh most are lunacy but sure look we shall see.

What changes are coming?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

What changes are coming?

Does Classic Hits really need 2 radio Consultants to generate playlists?.
    It's automated for most of the 7 day week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I think its good as a radio show, i don,t want to see niall boylan on tv.
    it gets good ratings, he must be doing something right.
    i think sunshine radio, is the worst,re limited playlists they seem to have a 100 songs they play every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Does Classic Hits really need 2 radio Consultants to generate playlists?.
    It's automated for most of the 7 day week.

What parts are automated?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

What’s even the deal with Niall Boylan? Judging by the seemingly newly formed niallboylan.com he seems to be going out on his own somewhat

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

What’s even the deal with Niall Boylan? Judging by the seemingly newly formed niallboylan.com he seems to be going out on his own somewhat

He is sub contractor anyway as in he is self employed.

I honestly think he can be good at times as he gives everyone a chance to speak not like a lot of other talk shows where it's gone very one sided and one feels like an outcast in their own country with the amount of BLM rubbish and antifa crap lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

Nials jumped on the covid band wagon hes got a few thousand listeners who oppose lockdowns.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

an outcast in their own country with the amount of BLM rubbish and antifa crap lately.

Soooo racists and facists feel like outcasts, then?

Great stuff, more please.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

Niall constantly harps on about the lockdown even though hes allowed travel to work and he doesnt drink so he hardly misses the pubs.

Hes trying to get an reaction so that more people will tune into his show.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

mikeym wrote: »
    Niall constantly harps on about the lockdown even though hes allowed travel to work and he doesnt drink so he hardly misses the pubs.

Hes trying to get an reaction so that more people will tune into his show.

He says most things to get a reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

fussyonion wrote: »
    He says most things to get a reaction.

His entire schtick is creating faux outrage. I'm fairly sure most of the usuals that ring in are being paid to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

Small changes already ive heard Irelands classic hits said a few times and Niki at nite show.

• Advertisement

• vince wrote: »
    Small changes already ive heard Irelands classic hits said

Well, thats the new hires salaries paid for.

Advertisement