Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TNA Wrestling Megathread

Comments

Enjoyable episode I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

I watched Cages debut on youtube but power was out on Friday so missed the rest. I liked Cage and would like to see him just running through guys for a while.

I find its easier to watch Impact if you accept that this new era is really like hitting the reset button. View it as essentially a new company and forget about the few glimmers of glory years back in the mid/late 00s

• Registered Users Posts: 28,783 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

See Aries nearly took some kid out with his dive, but looks like he was ok.

Enjoyed this weeks episode again and I think they've built up the matches nicely for the episode next week which is being built as basically a PPV.

I'm enjoying Impact, NXT and ROH lately by just staying away from spoilers from the bulk TV tapings they do.

I'm enjoying Impact, NXT and ROH lately by just staying away from spoilers from the bulk TV tapings they do.

I have stopped following Impact on social media to avoid spoilers, now if only I could remember to watch it on Fridays! Although it is on a bit late for my liking's.

• Advertisement

This week's ended pretty abruptly after the baseball bat strike. To be expected.

James Mitchell's promo was really enjoyable. Kinda sad to see Abyss move so awkwardly though. Decay really suited him and covered up for the damage he has done to himself by having him just part of a tag team/group.

Impact wrestling have renewed their deal with SpikeUK and will continue to air on a Friday night.

Good news though is that as part of the new deal, Impact episodes will be added to the GWN app at the same time they air in the States and for free so you just have to set up an account for the app but don't have to pay to watch new episodes of Impact each week.

SpikeUK won't be showing Impact PPVs anymore though and the PPVs will be shown on the GWN app but only for paid subscribers (E7 a month)

Figured I'll bump this for the renewed interest in the show.

This week's episode:

So Santino Marella now works for Impact?

When I see Bone Soldier I'm reminded of Low Ki from his walk and all.

Rebel seems curvier than when she was on TNA before. Looks like she put on weight and it went to the right places.

I can see them giving Tessa a title shot soon though not against Su.

I, too, am sick of being hot-shamed. :)

The venue in Toronto where they held Slammiversary and these TV tapings looks great. I know they have more tapings planned for the same place in August so hopefully they might be done with the Impact zone in Florida for awhile or even better for good.

Good episode. Enjoyable TV matches.

Scarlett........ Wow :D

Can't believe Tessa Blanchard is only 23.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

I was taken aback by how good that Scarlett promo was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I don't much about her, but is Allie bascially Impact's version of Bayley?

She went from Maria's assistant who knew nothing about wrestling to being the top face Knockout. If comparing to Bayley I think it would be more NXT era Bayley. But it helps that she's also probably the longest one there

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

Bound for Glory tomorrow night.

Eli Drake's Open Challenge

Allie vs Su Yung (Allie goes to the undead realm)

Matt Sydal & Ethan Page vs Rich Swann & Willie Mack

KNOCKOUTS CHAMPIONSHIP
    Tessa Blanchard vs Taya Valkyrie

Eddie Edwards vs Moose

OVE RULES
    OVE vs The Lucha Brothers & Brian Cage

IMPACT WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
    Austin Aries vs Johnny Impact

CONCRETE JUNGLE DEATH MATCH
    LAX & Konnan vs The OGZ & King

Apparently a Concrete Jungle Death Match means the teams will wrestle on the hard wooden base of the ring, with the turnbuckle pads taken away.

Sounds like there'll be some sort of pre tape segment involved in Allie vs Su Yung with the Allie goes to the undead realm thing.

Ellie Drake's open challenge is only open to New Yorkers.

I'm looking forward to Edwards vs Moose, any exchanges they've had have been very good. Seems the long term plan should be Edwards beating Aries for the title.

Taya Valkyrie has only appeared to challenge via video package, she wasn't 9n TV to build this.

Impact is really struggling for ratings, hitting record lows and having their timeslot moved, but this should be a good show after an awesome Slammiversary during the summer.

Bit of controversy from the main event last night to say the least. Aries just gone done ****ed himself.

Yeah just watched the show. Not sure what the story is there but seems a stupid decision if it's a work.

Small venue and looks like the ring has shrunk as well.

The LAX match looked dangerous. Nothing to do with the concept but more the execution and the way the boards kept moving

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I take it Jericho didn’t turn up?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

What happened with Aries?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Worked shoot most likely but with his attitude you can't as a fan 100% rule out that he went into business for himself.
    Kinda clever in a lazy way.

Title match spoiler
    Basically he lost the title but no sold the finisher by popping to his feet after the Morrison got off him(so obviously should have been able to kick out) He then shouted something up to Don Callis then flipped everyone off as he left.

Can see both at this article

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

After the match he
    got up and walked out after taking two of Johnny Impact's finishes. Like took the pin, stood up, walked out of the ring as if they did nothing to him. Basically no-sold them.
    If it's a work ,it's dumb. If it's a shoot, he's a prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Omackeral wrote: »
    After the match he
    got up and walked out after taking two of Johnny Impact's finishes. Like took the pin, stood up, walked out of the ring as if they did nothing to him. Basically no-sold them.
    If it's a work ,it's dumb. If it's a shoot, he's a prick.

He has form for being a sulky prick as I recall.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It’s all a work they’re trying to get some controversy and play off on real beef ala McGregor Khabib.

I wonder if Eli Drake's opponent got the reaction they were expecting. Didn't seem to be the case

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

That PPV was an absolute mess. The Concrete Jungle Death Match was beyond stupid. I did really enjoy the World Title match but the Aries stuff afterwards felt so unnecessary and very 1990s.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Worked shoot most likely but with his attitude you can't as a fan 100% rule out that he went into business for himself.
    Kinda clever in a lazy way.

If it's a work then it's pretty much the most disgraceful one I've ever seen. All pro wrestling really has now is the fan's willingness to suspend disbelief. What Aries did makes a mockery of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

It felt very Vince Russo..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

If it's a work then it's pretty much the most disgraceful one I've ever seen. All pro wrestling really has now is the fan's willingness to suspend disbelief. What Aries did makes a mockery of that.

You must not be watching wrestling very long if that is the most disgraceful work. Its not even near the worst :rolleyes:
    Wrestling publicly killed off that belief back in 1997 too and have pissed all over it with preposterous storylines many of which don't even involve shoot angles.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I wonder if Eli Drake's opponent got the reaction they were expecting. Didn't seem to be the case

He was apparently third choice behind Joey Janela and Low Ki. They crapped all over him, which I thought was very funny and very New York especially as he's not even from NY. I enjoyed it and thought the talent did well reacting on the fly.

• Advertisement

ERG89 wrote: »
    You must not be watching wrestling very long if that is the most disgraceful work. Its not even near the worst :rolleyes:
    Wrestling publicly killed off that belief back in 1997 too and have pissed all over it with preposterous storylines many of which don't even involve shoot angles.

I would call it the most disgraceful because it makes everything up to it utterly redundant. The fights, the feuds.... we're willing to go along with it because we know what we're watching is essentially a soap peformed by athletes. I wouldn't expect an actor in a play to stop and essentially say "**** this I'm going home and **** you all who went to the bother of investing in this."

If this is a work that is exactly what they've done. Why the **** would I bother tuning in to watch after that? What's the point when they can't even maintain the effort of make believe? Where do you think they go from here if it's a work? Promise to fight each other for reals this time?

Advertisement