Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Chat. (MOD NOTE post# 3949 and post#5279)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,934 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Obama had 6,000 NG in 12, Trump had 8,000 in 2016 Biden has triple the numbers 21,000 now than those two presidents according to Newsweek. Nor did the previous two have to turn the city into "Bagdad on the Delaware" with Green and Red zones either.Esp with Trump and the Leftists went all wobbly and rioted as well at that event...

To answer your question in a conventional way;
    I'd put this down to the typical American overreaction to events AFTER the fact. Same as on 9/11:rolleyes:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/joe-bidens-inauguration-could-have-more-national-guard-than-trump-obama-combined/ar-BB1cKvfN

[Can't say much for the social distancing , or rifle barrel discipline in the pic TBH]

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭tudderone

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Can congress order the deployment?

I had to look this up and the best answer i could find was the President is in charge of the NG for Wash. DC. So did the President deploy them as an act of good faith or can congress order it, as asked above.?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

tudderone wrote: »
    Ryan having a snooze again....................:mad:
    Was there a female TD that done this last week too? Seen a picture of it somewhere and cannot remember or find it now.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Munsterlad102

Is it just me or does he seem slightly autistic? There has to be something wrong with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Rosahane

Is it just me or does he seem slightly autistic? There has to be something wrong with him.

He's an urban Green which is about as far removed from real environmental knowledge as you can get. He's not really asleep, just having a subliminal policy formulation experience!

...dreaming to the rest of us;)

The problem is that they are absolutely sincere in their conviction that their knowledge and policies are for the betterment of all!

Cass wrote: »
    Can congress order the deployment?

I had to look this up and the best answer i could find was the President is in charge of the NG for Wash. DC. So did the President deploy them as an act of good faith or can congress order it, as asked above.?

The chain is Sec of the Defence and the Pentagon, specifically the secretary of the Army that authorises the use and deployment of NG? Pence was consulted about deploying it on the 6th, but it is Chris Miller's directive that activated them.
    Both POTUS and VP are able to call out the NG for DC, as it isn't in a state per se. Otherwise, it would have to be the governor of Delaware requesting the call out.
    Although that might change under Sniffer Joe and his loon squad wanting to add DC, Honduras, Guam to the Union. Maybe we could convince ol Sniffer to add us to the list, as he is so infatuated with all things Irish. Would solve our gun problems in an instant.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Rosahane wrote: »
    The problem is that they are absolutely sincere in their conviction that their knowledge and policies are for the betterment of all!

KNow your enemy!
    Highly recommend these two books for a read on the Green agenda

"Watermelons" by Peter Dellingpole

"The Green Reich: Global warming to the Green Tyranny "by Dreiu Godefridi
    Both are Amazon/Kindle downloads.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,603 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Where do you start??:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 38,923 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

You do see the link i provided where it states:

So yes they allow the advertisement/sale of such items and yes they are preventing the sale of them on FB.
    The link says they are blocking Ads, not blocking the sale. The two aren't the same.

If they stop hosting ads from "Gearfire" (for example), it doesn't stop people going to www.gearfire.com and ordering away. They have no power outside of their domain.
    It's a toxic site and people did thinking of it as the extent of the internet.
    But people have been denied tickets and told to stay away. So if they believe people will turn up why do it at all? Ego? Pride?
    America is a melting pot of chaos right now. It only takes one or two lunatics to do something extreme.

The guys who brought weapons, petrol bombs etc. Obviously a handful of the crowd that rioted were involved in that, and few would have condoned it. But all it takes is one delusional guy with means to do serious damage.
    Would it not be better to have it indoors, in a low key, private ceremony with only those who absolutely need to attend there?

Why run the risk of your "supporters" turning up or taking the chance of those opposed to you turning up?
    Completely agree, holding it indoors is behind lock and key makes much more sense. I don't know if there is a lawful or constitutional reason why it is held outside, "under god" or some such BS.
    Grizzly 45 wrote:
    Obama had 6,000 NG in 12, Trump had 8,000 in 2016 Biden has triple the numbers 21,000 now than those two presidents according to Newsweek. Nor did the previous two have to turn the city into "Bagdad on the Delaware" with Green and Red zones either.Esp with Trump and the Leftists went all wobbly and rioted as well at that event...
    What's the total number of security that will be there for Biden? I mean, if that's only NG. Surely they will also be SS, Police, and other agencies involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,923 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The Q-Shaman rioter story keeps getting weirder.
    If this guy wasn't in such deep crap, he's probably have his own TV shown off the back of this. Looks like an absolutely character, although that's probably the result of some mental issues.

I initially thought he was somewhat jokingly/ironically in that get up.
    But his rant in front of the camera was either impressive acting, or extreme delusion. The extreme conspiracy theory stuff. Qanon, underground bases, etc.

Refused to eat in custody. Unless is it was certified organic. Left a note for Pence with a vague threat of his time is coming.
    All of that seems to be his personal problem now. But the one really interesting part is that, his lawyer is arguing, as a defence, that he was just following Trumps instructions. But at the same time they also asked Trump for a pardon. Which seems unlikely to happen given he it trying to implicate Trump in the first place.

60013659b80507001899541c

Biden and Harris plan to reform immigration laws, allowing 11 million illegals to stay and let a lot more from central american in also. They also say security will not be their first consideration.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-01-15/biden-to-send-congress-bill-to-legalize-11-million-immigrants-who-lack-documentation

Biden and Harris plan to reform immigration laws, allowing 11 million illegals to stay and let a lot more from central american in also. They also say security will not be their first consideration.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-01-15/biden-to-send-congress-bill-to-legalize-11-million-immigrants-who-lack-documentation

Yeah,heres sniffers first test.
    Lets see will he make it so easy for the illegal Irish to regulate their position in the US,or for us to work there.As he sickingly keeps playing up his plastic paddy image.Or will thisconly apply to those of non white european races?...Answers on a postcard please to 1600 Pennselvenia Ave Washington DC.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Yeah,heres sniffers first test.
    Lets see will he make it so easy for the illegal Irish to regulate their position in the US,or for us to work there.As he sickingly keeps playing up his plastic paddy image.Or will thisconly apply to those of non white european races?...Answers on a postcard please to 1600 Pennselvenia Ave Washington DC.

It's still not funny.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

It's still not funny.

To be fair, there's no shortage of video clips out there where Biden appears to be inappropriately close to people and sticking his nose into people's hair.

BattleCorp wrote: »
    To be fair, there's no shortage of video clips out there where Biden appears to be inappropriately close to people and sticking his nose into people's hair.

Eh, anyone with internet has seen them.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

It's still not funny.

Accurate though. The media seems to have missed it, or forgotten to report on it :rolleyes:.

Accurate though. The media seems to have missed it, or forgotten to report on it :rolleyes:.

Their hatred for Trump is so strong, they'd support Fred West ahead of Trump.

Well, we could throw in ol sniffers comments on getting kids to feel his hairy legs when he was an asthmatic lifeguard.
    Or his carry on with Lucy Flores...whom his morals of a sewer rat VP Kamala Harris said she belived her rape accusations when she was on the presidential trail. But forgot all about it when offered or more likely was picked for the role of VP.
    I shall continue to refer to this old senile election thief and fraud as sniffer for the foreseeable future.:)

The Trace, an anti-gun org funded by Mike Bloomberg is contacting firearms manufacturers, asking about their relationship with "Influencers" on the internet, youtube specifically, and saying that some of them, listing them by name - Iraq vet 8888 etc, supported and encouraged the raid on the whitehouse. Its all getting a bit Orwellian now.

I can see things getting very nasty, very quickly in America.

• Advertisement

And so it begins, it'll be "Begosh and begorra" and "top of the morning to ya" shortly. Leo dusting off his green suit and hat, i can see it all now.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-9167551/Joe-Bidens-Irish-cousin-praises-President-elect-overcoming-adversity-life.html#newcomment

And so it begins, it'll be "Begosh and begorra" and "top of the morning to ya" shortly. Leo dusting off his green suit and hat, i can see it all now.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-9167551/Joe-Bidens-Irish-cousin-praises-President-elect-overcoming-adversity-life.html#newcomment

Leo wouldn't want to be counting his little chickens before they're hatched. I wouldn't be at all surprised if there are more revelations of his wrong doing yet to be revealed.

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    I shall continue to refer to this old senile election thief and fraud as sniffer for the foreseeable future.:)

Funny enough in another thread here on Boards.ie you can call Trump anything you like, but if you refer to Joe Biden as Sleepy Joe or Sniffer Joe, you'll get a ban.

Funny enough in another thread here on Boards.ie you can call Trump anything you like, but if you refer to Joe Biden as Sleepy Joe or Sniffer Joe, you'll get a ban.

leftie bias.

leftie bias.

It's mad. You can call Trump whatever you like but there's a Mod warning in the OP stating that you'll get a ban if you mention Sleepy Joe. Hardly the worst nickname out there.

It's mad. You can call Trump whatever you like but there's a Mod warning in the OP stating that you'll get a ban if you mention Sleepy Joe. Hardly the worst nickname out there.

Its probably an "ist" of some type, ageist or senile-ist or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Rosahane

Snowflakes falling on the inauguration - God being sarcastic?

NRA files for bankruptcy.

https://t.e2ma.net/click/nc4qvc/v21g1zj/zt1hoh

(On January 15th I just noticed)

• Advertisement

NRA files for bankruptcy.

https://t.e2ma.net/click/nc4qvc/v21g1zj/zt1hoh

(On January 15th I just noticed)
    They are moving to Texas, as are a lot of business (out of non friendly states) and filing a chapter 11 is standard practice when doing so.

Advertisement