Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What are you doing this time?

Options
  • 14-01-2021 7:31am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12

Hello,

What are you doing at this moment?

I wasn't sure about the topic is here no offtopic in this forum?

I am listening to music and enjoy my unlimited dataplan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Travel though? Travel through time?
    Work, work and work

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 Userloss

Sorry it is the wrong place

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭KevinK

I’m planning my next trip!

Maybe I’m being optimistic but hoping to go somewhere this summer...

Have two trips planned out.

The first one is to Canada, figure as a 1st world country with a good health system and access to vaccines it might be a good option. The issue might be very strict entry controls there.

The second trip is to Armenia, Georgia and Azerbaijan. This would be a good bit cheaper and are three countries I really want to see. Cons include probably less likely to have many people vaccinated. Also crossing three borders isn’t ideal if negative PCR tests are still required entering every country.

If both of these are off the table will prob try and go somewhere in Europe- but for now it’s just wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭johnire

The countries in your second trip are amazing- we were there about 18 months ago and had the trip of a lifetime.

KevinK wrote: »
    I’m planning my next trip!

Maybe I’m being optimistic but hoping to go somewhere this summer...

Have two trips planned out.

The first one is to Canada, figure as a 1st world country with a good health system and access to vaccines it might be a good option. The issue might be very strict entry controls there.

The second trip is to Armenia, Georgia and Azerbaijan. This would be a good bit cheaper and are three countries I really want to see. Cons include probably less likely to have many people vaccinated. Also crossing three borders isn’t ideal if negative PCR tests are still required entering every country.

If both of these are off the table will prob try and go somewhere in Europe- but for now it’s just wait and see.

johnire wrote: »
    The countries in your second trip are amazing- we were there about 18 months ago and had the trip of a lifetime.

I think the first trip is slightly more likely this year, but these three have been on my list of places for sooo long! I think my girlfriend and I talked about it on our second or third date! Now five years and 30+ countries later we still haven’t gotten around to going..

Any tips or favourite places for when we do go eventually. We were think a few days in Baku and then a week each in Georgia and Armenia.

• Advertisement

That sounds like a good plan in terms of leaving the three Caucasus countries till after this year. Let the whole Covid mess settle down and you'll be able to travel with peace of mind.
    As regards length of time again you're more or less spot on. Allowing for flights you want to give yourselves the best part of three full weeks.
    Each country though neighbours are completely different.
    I'm presuming you'll stay in each capital city and from there you can do day trips to places of interest in each country. We like to travel Independently and as such am not normally a massive fan of organised day trips but in each of the countries I'd highly recommend it.
    To get to some of the places bthat are a must do it really would be very difficult negotiating the local travel network and language would definitely be a barrier.
    The tours we took in each of the countries were outstanding- I couldn't speak highly enough of the quality of the guides. What I like too was that the tours weren't "sanitised". The guides loved to talk about their country and we're very interested in Ireland.
    Azerbaijan requires a Visa and it's also very important to be aware of the hostilities that exist between Azerbaijan and Armenia. You absolutely cannot under any circumstances advertise the fact that you had been in the other country. Be prepared at passport control in both countries for extremely disapproving looks from the officials and pretty intense questions.
    If you need any further information just send me a DM any time or closer to when you're both travelling. I can give you email addresses of the tour companies and also recommend hotels.
    Good luck with this year's travels!

I think the first trip is slightly more likely this year, but these three have been on my list of places for sooo long! I think my girlfriend and I talked about it on our second or third date! Now five years and 30+ countries later we still haven’t gotten around to going..

Any tips or favourite places for when we do go eventually. We were think a few days in Baku and then a week each in Georgia and Armenia.

johnire wrote: »
    That sounds like a good plan in terms of leaving the three Caucasus countries till after this year. Let the whole Covid mess settle down and you'll be able to travel with peace of mind.
    As regards length of time again you're more or less spot on. Allowing for flights you want to give yourselves the best part of three full weeks.
    Each country though neighbours are completely different.
    I'm presuming you'll stay in each capital city and from there you can do day trips to places of interest in each country. We like to travel Independently and as such am not normally a massive fan of organised day trips but in each of the countries I'd highly recommend it.
    To get to some of the places bthat are a must do it really would be very difficult negotiating the local travel network and language would definitely be a barrier.
    The tours we took in each of the countries were outstanding- I couldn't speak highly enough of the quality of the guides. What I like too was that the tours weren't "sanitised". The guides loved to talk about their country and we're very interested in Ireland.
    Azerbaijan requires a Visa and it's also very important to be aware of the hostilities that exist between Azerbaijan and Armenia. You absolutely cannot under any circumstances advertise the fact that you had been in the other country. Be prepared at passport control in both countries for extremely disapproving looks from the officials and pretty intense questions.
    If you need any further information just send me a DM any time or closer to when you're both travelling. I can give you email addresses of the tour companies and also recommend hotels.
    Good luck with this year's travels!

Sounds great! Usually travel independently but very open to tours at the the right price, you don’t happen to have any contact details for the companies you used?

Had planned on Azerbaijan first as from what I have read the Armenian care less about you having visited Azerbaijan than vice Verca.

DM sent :-)
    Sounds great! Usually travel independently but very open to tours at the the right price, you don’t happen to have any contact details for the companies you used?

Had planned on Azerbaijan first as from what I have read the Armenian care less about you having visited Azerbaijan than vice Verca.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Heading to Dubai and Abu Dhabi in 2 weeks time. something different.

need to get out of this whole 3rd lockdown.

getting covid tests on both sides etc.

looking forward to it!

Heading to Dubai and Abu Dhabi in 2 weeks time. something different.

need to get out of this whole 3rd lockdown.

getting covid tests on both sides etc.

looking forward to it!

Enjoy! Very jealous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Planning for India / Sri Lanka for Dec 2021 / Jan 2022. We travel to SE Asia every Dec-Jan, 2020 was the first time in 10 years we didn't travel.

When we can book flights (ie. March time), we'll have to seriously think if we should book and chance that we'll be able to fly. We're not going to pay any more for flights than we're willing to lose.

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Planning for India / Sri Lanka for Dec 2021 / Jan 2022. We travel to SE Asia every Dec-Jan, 2020 was the first time in 10 years we didn't travel.

When we can book flights (ie. March time), we'll have to seriously think if we should book and chance that we'll be able to fly. We're not going to pay any more for flights than we're willing to lose.

Sounds great, and at least is a good bit of time away, so hopefully no COVID issues.

Have been to Sri Lanka and loved it, India definitely on the list also!

Advertisement