Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Screwfix deliveries

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭muddle84

mac_09 wrote: »
    I've noticed with my last 2 Screwfix orders that I have received 2 emails from Parcelforce with tracking info - both with different tracking details. One just sits as "advised" or "in hub" and the other is the correct one!

Mine was exported on the 8th but no update of arrival into Ireland yet.

I think given everything if you need to get something in a hurry Screwfix isn't the option. If you are happy to wait a couple of weeks though then go for it!

Yeah thats it in a nutshell! The price is worth it if you can afford to wait. But if you can't afford to wait then forget about them!

Still nothing since the 8th.
    If you need plumbing supplies delivered then try plumbingproducts.ie
    They ship via dpd from mayo.

Still nothing since the 8th.
    If you need plumbing supplies delivered then try plumbingproducts.ie
    They ship via dpd from mayo.

Is that basically Hursts?

muddle84 wrote: »
    Is that basically Hursts?

Yes,
    Came in a Hursts bag in a box.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

mac_09 wrote: »
    I've noticed with my last 2 Screwfix orders that I have received 2 emails from Parcelforce with tracking info - both with different tracking details. One just sits as "advised" or "in hub" and the other is the correct one!

That helps. I never thought to check the other one, but exact same with the 2 separate tracking numbers here.

They seem to be having too much craic exporting mine from the UK to consider actually exporting it.

image.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Bawnmore wrote: »
    That helps. I never thought to check the other one, but exact same with the 2 separate tracking numbers here.

They seem to be having too much craic exporting mine from the UK to consider actually exporting it.

Mines been exported twice. Annoys the tits outta me, are customs in the UK that bad at the moment?

One of my orders is now showing as in delivery country .
    Its an order of around 40e
    My other order is still being exported and is around 230e worth.Probably getting stung for duty .

Any actually taken delivery from them this year ?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭fabo1thecross

It's a bit of a mess alright. Have some stuff on order and it's still not left the uk. How does the duty be charged. Do you get a email from customs.

No idea tbh.
    There was a fella working for UPS over on reddit saying that 90% of deliveries with duty owed are being refused at the door.

Will duty be charged even if ordered from the Irish site? Seems a bit unfair.

• Advertisement

Bawnmore wrote: »
    Will duty be charged even if ordered from the Irish site? Seems a bit unfair.

12% i believe (if over 150e )
    I'll be paying it this time if needed but thats it .
    never again.

12% i believe (if over 150e )
    I'll be paying it this time if needed but thats it .
    never again.

That's annoying. I've an order for about 400 quid and that takes the value right out of it. Can it be rejected on delivery and refunded?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭game4it70

Just got this mail.
    Dear Customer,

We hope you are well and keeping safe. We wanted to send you an update on the status of your recent order.

Due to Brexit, there have been significant changes that we, along with our delivery partner have had to make to allow us to get your order to you. Unfortunately we have encountered some unforeseen issues with the additional data required by Customs both in the UK and the Republic of Ireland and regretfully this has impacted the delivery of your order.

Although your tracking link suggests that your order is in the UK, we're very pleased to advise that your order is actually within the Republic of Ireland. It is currently awaiting customs clearance and as soon as it has cleared, the tracking will update and the statuses will then start to accurately reflect the parcels journey.

Please note that there will be no additional tax implications or delivery charges.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay that has occurred and be assured that we're working hard to get your parcel to you as soon as possible.

Kind Regards,

The Screwfix Ireland Team

That reads ok. Heard the tail end of something about currys.ie and no extra charges. What date did you place your order any harm asking.

I haven't received mail yet, but assuming I will. Good to hear there should be no additional charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭game4it70

That reads ok. Heard the tail end of something about currys.ie and no extra charges. What date did you place your order any harm asking.

The 3rd of Jan.

In fairness to them it's good value. And not in stock for click and collect.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 paulmacs.sis

Hi All

I had the exact same problem, I ordered from Screwfix to the value of around 140 euro. The tracking system said exported from UK on 8th January and has only changed to "In delivery country" last night. No more updates since. I am praying that this means its now in Ireland and on the way to my house?

Has anyone seen this status on their order and have an idea how long it took to receive it after this?

Frustration is the game at this stage.

Both my orders have
    "expected to be delivered today " from the GLS tracking number not the parcel force.
    Who knows

My order (4th Jan) still stuck in an endless loop of exporting from UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭mac_09

Mine was also shipped on the 8th and updated last night to "reached parcel centre".

I had an order before Christmas and it took about 3 days for delivery after it reached the parcel centre - It was also delivered on a Saturday! Hopefully the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭A Law

Ordered the 6th, delivered yesterday. 10m Cat5 cables.

Just took in my two boxes.
    No taxes thankfully

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Small comfort but Amazon deliveries are gone to fcuk as well. Ten days to two weeks for what used to be 4-5 days.

I got this email this morning:

Due to Brexit, there have been significant changes that we, along with our delivery partner have had to make to allow us to get your order to you. Unfortunately we have encountered some unforeseen issues with the additional data required by Customs both in the UK and the Republic of Ireland and regretfully this has impacted the delivery of your order.

Although your tracking link suggests that your order is in the UK, we're very pleased to advise that your order is actually within the Republic of Ireland. It is currently awaiting customs clearance and as soon as it has cleared, the tracking will update and the statuses will then start to accurately reflect the parcels journey.

Please note that there will be no additional tax implications or delivery charges.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay that has occurred and be assured that we're working hard to get your parcel to you as soon as possible.

Basically the tracking means nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,008 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I ordered stuff (PPE) from rs-online on Sunday, with the order acknowledged on Monday. I know this thread is about Screwfix, but rs-online have a similar model with premises in Ireland and mixed stock of Irish and UK items, so it's interesting to compare.

The items had a 2-day delivery prediction, which normally means they are sources from the UK (IE stock is next day I think). There was a big banner warning about delays, so my expectations were low.

Tracking showed nothing after dispatch, but the delivery arrived yesterday (Weds), so that's 2 working days pretty much.

So there is light at the end of the tunnel - it can be done.

muddle84 wrote: »
    I got this email this morning:

Basically the tracking means nothing!

That actually gives me more hope than anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

In a strange turn of events, an order from aliexpress has arrived in the country before my Screwfix order, even though I only ordered the aliexpress stuff last week...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

My order from Jan 5th arrived today..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

My order from Dec 30th arrived today.

Advertisement