Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

MED 1 counseliing fees

• 12-09-2020 8:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭

Can you claim for visits to a counsellor/psychotherapist on your MED1 form? Doesn’t state this clearly

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,171 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Do they have to be a member of some recognised body, I seem to recall something, it may just be for reclaiming under VHI/etc

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

Gael23 wrote: »
    Can you claim for visits to a counsellor/psychotherapist on your MED1 form? Doesn’t state this clearly

The practitioner needs to be registered. You can check if a practitioner is registered by checking their registration through the Irish Medical Council. There is a link on the revenue website to check this:

https://www.revenue.ie/en/personal-tax-credits-reliefs-and-exemptions/health-and-age/health-expenses/what-are-qualifying-expenses.aspx

You can claim for treatment from a psychologist or psychotherapist where either:

the psychologist or psychotherapist is a practitioner
    or
    you are referred for a diagnostic procedure by a psychiatrist

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭raymick

I have been told that a bank statement will suffice for medical payments as I don’t have all receipts but how will that prove payment as the exact name and address doesn’t exactly show up on a statement it’s all abbreviated

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I’ve never been asked for receipts

Advertisement