Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE 2K20

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

Got fire pro wrestling for PS4 with x-mas vouchers. Not really blown away by it.
    I'm stuck on doing the corner grapple in the training mode. I whip guy into the corner, but when I try to do grapple he comes out of the corner. Any FP fans can help?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭showpony1

whats the latest on WWE's next game?
    Hopefully the AEW game isn't too far away looks like will be good from that trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

showpony1 wrote: »
    whats the latest on WWE's next game?
    Hopefully the AEW game isn't too far away looks like will be good from that trailer.

There's no information on the next WWE game. They were taking a break after 2K20, so the next one will be 2K22, and if they follow the usual time frames for release etc, it should be out around October. We'd normally get the first info on the game around about Summerslam time.

The AEW game is far out. I think the footage shown is pre-Alpha, and was thrown together to give an idea of what to expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Pity. A real good wrestling game would be great.

Good story, gameplay, numerous modes, no microtranssctions. Surely not much to ask ha

• Registered Users Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Downloaded the demo and I'm gonna grab it , it's a lot of fun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Yea, I got it myself yesterday. played it for hours.. really enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Yea, I got it myself yesterday. played it for hours.. really enjoying it.

Its all over the place and makes no sense

But good fun

Does anyone play TEW 2020? I'm interested because I love games like Football manager but not sure how that type of game would translate to wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I've gotten into 2K19 as I hadn't played it much when I bought it. Is it weird that it's the most basic stuff like making tournaments that entertains me most in a game of this ludicrous size?

As usual the Universe Mode is too manual and without the desired results. I'm hoping with the Nex Gen systems they can actually find a way to produce a nuanced mode where the characters actually act like their characters, and that designing a show is done the engine but with the player's decisions directing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Does anyone play TEW 2020? I'm interested because I love games like Football manager but not sure how that type of game would translate to wrestling.

I'm a big football manager guy. However I found TEW (got in it 2018) to be quite boring. O was a big fan of Extreme Warfare Revenge (free version) but with that being created in 2002 it is a bit dated.

I think my problem with TEW was the interface. I didn't like to layout of it and selected things.

Booking wars is a good free game also.

2k Battlegrounds is free on PS Now this month, which probably is not a good sign as to how the game is doing only 5 months after release

• Advertisement

Sirsok wrote: »
    I'm a big football manager guy. However I found TEW (got in it 2018) to be quite boring. O was a big fan of Extreme Warfare Revenge (free version) but with that being created in 2002 it is a bit dated.

I think my problem with TEW was the interface. I didn't like to layout of it and selected things.

Booking wars is a good free game also.

2k Battlegrounds is free on PS Now this month, which probably is not a good sign as to how the game is doing only 5 months after release

I started playing Journey of Wrestling after watching the OSW review. It's a fun little game. You can get through shows quickly so it moves along nicely. I think a TEW would be too much for me so something quick and simple like this is great.

Started the "Dawn of the Monday night wars" era and picked ECW. I like the roster at this time with the likes of Austin, Cactus Jack, Raven etc.

But yeah a fun little game to pass a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭showpony1

They had the ad for WWE 2K22 on Wrestlemania.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

I know it's only an animation for an ad but it looks shocking, Rey with giant lats. They should just give it up.

The video for anyone wondering

• Registered Users Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭Sirsok

It's gonna be the same ole tired ****e judging by that clip.

Looks the same as previous versions.

Noticed they went with two wrestlers with no hair!?

Sirsok wrote: »
    It's gonna be the same ole tired ****e judging by that clip.

Looks the same as previous versions.

Noticed they went with two wrestlers with no hair!?

That's a good spot actually haha. Hair always looks awful in these games

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I used to always joke that even if the WWE 2K games came with 2 free tickets to mania I still wouldn’t buy it. Now a days i think I’d keep the game and hand back the mania tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Yea they really didn’t do themselves any favours showing that clip. Looks no different but it’ll be down to the gameplay as to whether it’s any use or not

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Loughc wrote: »
    I used to always joke that even if the WWE 2K games came with 2 free tickets to mania I still wouldn’t buy it. Now a days i think I’d keep the game and hand back the mania tickets.

You'd be like the one on the Late Late show who only wanted the money and not the Toy Show tickets :pac::pac:

Would it be worth breaking out this thread into a more wrestling game focused one now? 2K20 is no longer relevant, and we've got the following upcoming:

AEW Games (No Mercy Style & GM Game)
    WWE 2K22
    The Wrestling Code
    Retromania Wrestling
    Ultraviolence Pro Wrestling

That's just 5 off the top of my head. So a generic Wrestling Game thread instead?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Suits me.

Speaking of general, is there settings I can change on WWE 2K 2019 where if I'm playing online little gamers can't choose a custom wrestler? :pac:

Suits me.

Speaking of general, is there settings I can change on WWE 2K 2019 where if I'm playing online little gamers can't choose a custom wrestler? :pac:

Yes bro there is. If you select "Fair Play" it only shows wrestlers in the game, no CAWs are even displayed in the selection menu.

Advertisement