Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Miami Dolphins Thread

1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Chris Mortensen reporting that Deshawn Watson wants out of a Houston. Seems he has an interest in a trade to the Dolphins (for Tua plus picks).

Have to say, if true, I’d be considering it.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭SupraSonic26

Benimar wrote: »
    Chris Mortensen reporting that Deshawn Watson wants out of a Houston. Seems he has an interest in a trade to the Dolphins (for Tua plus picks).

Have to say, if true, I’d be considering it.

saw this on the pat mcaffee show, guys if ye havent seen his youtube channel def worth watching its great.

id honestly take watson for a trade for tua, the guys pocket awareness is great and has a great arm, load him with 2 great WRs and we would have a chance i feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,040 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I do feel bit sorry for Tua. If we had receivers who could hold onto the ball when all time in the world it would help too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

It seems incredible, but Tua looks unlikely to be starter in Miami next year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Don't think we will get Watson but would definitely trade Tua, 1st round pick and more if it was doable

Also some stories in the media of Dolphins players themselves saying they have doubts about him. This is not good and will affect both team morale and Tua's confidence, all in all it might be best to cut our losses early on this one although I think they will give him another year (which I think will not turn out well).

I do feel sorry for him too, he hasn't been terrible and it was his rookie season and he has had all sorts of stuff to deal with but it just doesn't look like it's going to work out, and for all parties it might be best if he is moved on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭MUFC91CS

Would definitely take a trade to Watson but otherwise I'd be happy to see Tua get a little more time and try and get him some more weapons. He finished his collegiate career with a serious potentially career ending injury at the tail end of 2019 as well which likely hindered his development a bit

Very surprised to see us releasing Kyle Van Noy

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I see you guys for our former 1st rounder.. good luck with that :pac:

Shambolic stuff all around.

Season over already

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

After week 1 I thought maybe the playoffs are on but it’s been dismal since!

• Advertisement

The Watson talk getting stronger and stronger each day.

Tua in or out?

For me I'm maybe too loyal but we got be careful what we wish for. I think a better O line and we make PO.

8 wins from 9 is excellent but last week still hurts. Not the defeat but the maner of it put back lot if questions on the table.

Great start to season. Feels like more to come but we all know as Dolphins fan things can change quick.

What's rare is beautiful

Some win! Genuinely though it was done and dusted at HT

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭RoscommonHero

beat the bills and I may start to get excited

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Son Of Caba

Will this year be the one to remember?

While you always take it one game at time as Dolphins fan I was hoping we might make playoffs.

That injury to Tua **** away all that if its serious. Hope he recovers but not looking good.

We will do well to get another W on board if play like that.

Struggled to stay awake to watch it but it was always going to be a grind so soon after Sundays defensive display! We gotta move onto next week now and go again! For the first time in a long time I think the playoffs are very much in sight! Just gotta grind out the wins! Tua will be ok but in hindsight prob shouldn’t have been in the field to begin with after Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Son Of Caba

Hopefully Tua makes a quick recovery but it looked serious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭RoscommonHero

We are back in business folks

Tua is 7-0

Next up is Texans which is very winnable but after that the schedule gets more challenging. It's a real dogfight in the AFC East.

We are a superpower on offense if Tua stays fit and if the OL key men stay fit but there are still question marks on D especially due to amount of injuries (particularly in secondary). QBs who can scramble seem to inflict huge damage on us and game against Bills may be key so we need to sort that out.

Having said that guys like Bethel and Kohou are playing well, I just don't think we can ship many more injuries (latest one is Ogbah is out for season, not that he was playing great this year anyway).

The Superbowl is not impossible if our offense stays hot and our defense gets more consistent but we are as likely to miss out on the play-offs altogether as win it so everything is still up in the air.

Oh and Sanders needs to sort himself out, missed two extra points yesterday which is unacceptable, If his nerve is gone then we need to go shopping.

And it's December and we fell apart as usual.

How did we throw that away.

And that...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

So, what’s the verdict on the season?

Getting to the playoffs was a bonus, even if we did back in. However, there was no improvement in overall record and the inconsistency was nuts..win 3, lose 3, win 5, lose 5. First year Head Coach probably explains some of it so hopefully we take a step forward next year record wise.

The big issue of last off season, Tua, still isn’t resolved. 2022 was the ‘decision’ year on Tua, now I’m hearing pundits saying 2023 is ‘decision’ year. It’s like Tannehill all over. Tua showed improvement, but he’s constantly injured and I don’t think he is the long term answer. I’ve never seen a player as over rated by some and as under rated by others. He’s a starting level QB but there are a lot of QBs I’d swap him for without a thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭DubTony

What’s goin’ on?

Have all the Fins fans died?

6 and 2 for the first time in 2 decades and nobody’s saying anything.

The Tua haters must be feeling somewhat humbled - or maybe it’s embarrassed.

Anyway it seems if we’re not complaining - there’s nothing to talk about.

Advertisement