Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Insurance

Options
  • 11-01-2021 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

Well its getting to that time of year again, just gotten my insurance quote for my bike & while its good I've no doubt it could be better. Who do you find the best insurance comoany & why? Price? Customer service? Extras? Dealkng with claims/breakdowns etc? Just interested to see what people say.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,871 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Call them all and compare quotes and policies. What is good for one person won't be for someone else

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

i had a funny one this year..i rang CN and they wanted €410 an increase of €120 on last years price. when i highlighted the previous years price they asked what i was expecting to pay!! so i said id be happy to pay €220. the guy said he'd get back to me...10 mins later he came back with a price of €255..which i found reasonable enough. so when your on the phone..tell them what you're willing to pay and leave it with them. they will call back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

How are people getting these prices? Breaks me heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Take many of them with a pinch of salt zubair - they do make for a good internet story alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Used principal insurance for the last few years find them easy to deal with and the most competitive on price for me. Renewal was €260 this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

People who get lower prices are generally older people with full licences, full ncb, and a lot of the time lower risk category bikes, most however will only tell you the price they get.
    Big difference on a 30 year old on a fireblade, R1,zx10r, gsxr1000 and a 60 year old on a xvs650 for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭lipso

What’s insurance like for 2 bikes instead of 1? For example a 50cc and s 125cc? Is it much more expensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

lipso wrote: »
    What’s insurance like for 2 bikes instead of 1? For example a 50cc and s 125cc? Is it much more expensive?

Depends on the company.
    Most will insure the most expensive and add on the other.
    Think it was typically €50ish to add on with CN

• Registered Users Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Mjolnir wrote: »
    People who get lower prices are generally older people with full licences, full ncb, and a lot of the time lower risk category bikes, most however will only tell you the price they get.
    Big difference on a 30 year old on a fireblade, R1,zx10r, gsxr1000 and a 60 year old on a xvs650 for example.

with 1 year ncb at 22 on an sv650 my insurance was 280 only a couple of years ago

Advertisement