Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Great Reset

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

I'm in the wrong profession, might start spouting nonsense and see how much I can make.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Detritus70

ASOT wrote: »
    I'm in the wrong profession, might start spouting nonsense and see how much I can make.

I would consider it, but I would start punching myself in the face after 2 minutes.
    Having an IQ above 50 and being honest and truthful sucks. So much easier to make money otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

The bit I do not understand, is that the U.S. since about 2019 has a debt. of circa. $21 trillion and nothing seems to have dented that. Their economy in 2020 must have seriously lessened from previous years. So maybe the only positive thing about the lockdown is that the debt has not been added to.

Still though, that is a killer amount of debt. Will they sell part of that debt to China?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,400 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

The bit I do not understand, is that the U.S. since about 2019 has a debt. of circa. $21 trillion and nothing seems to have dented that. Their economy in 2020 must have seriously lessened from previous years. So maybe the only positive thing about the lockdown is that the debt has not been added to.

Still though, that is a killer amount of debt. Will they sell part of that debt to China?

They already owe China over one trillion so not sure if they would sell them any more or if China would even take any.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,769 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

The US can afford to service that debt, most of which is owed to itself. Less is better, but it's not like personal debt that "needs to be paid off".

Countries all around the world buy US treasuries as they are excellent collateral (due to the US ability to repay the debt)

• Advertisement

Has this been cancelled now?

Has this been cancelled now?

Neil Clark mentions it in his latest article:

"On occasions the politicians have given the game away about their long-term objective, which is to impose the World Economic Forum's 'Great Reset' under the guise of fighting a virus. Note well how back in May, First Minister Nicola Sturgeon talked about a routemap to 'a new normal' and not to 'normal'.

​Remember too how UK Home Secretary Priti Patel told us 'social distancing is here to stay'.

This week, an influential member of SAGE, Professor John Edmunds said that some restrictions, like masks would stay 'probably forever'.

Just imagine if we had been told all this in March 2020. That our future lives would have to be spent either under lockdown, or under threat of lockdown. That under a hideously depressing 'New Normal', we'd have to keep our physical distance from fellow humans (even after being vaccinated) and be expected to wear face-masks 'forever'. And that in order to travel abroad again, or even do many of the things we took for granted in the past, we 'd probably have to have a digitalised 'vaccine passport'."

No one would have consented to it. Which is why of course it was done in stages, beginning with a digestible 'three weeks to flatten the curve' segment. Every lockdown has been billed as 'the last one'. November's shutdown was sold to us as a chance to 'save Christmas'. But, surprise, surprise, Christmas wasn't saved, as the rules were changed again just before. The elderly were told to hurry up and get vaccinated as then they'd be able to hug their grandchildren again. But now they are told: it's still far too soon. New variants, you see. And so it goes on. The cruelty is off the scale.

When will the nightmare end? Only when enough people realise it's not meant to end. If we carry on accepting these never-ending restrictions then our old lives - when we could meet who we liked when we liked, chat to people in crowded pubs, and attend sports events, concerts and travel wherever we wanted to - are not coming back. Our freedoms, like those of the boiling frog, will be gone forever."

From sputniknews.com

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

So what is being reset? Why? And by who?

How did they convince every other government to join in with the plan? How did they convince every government of every political flavour to join in? How did they convince every government that has been elected in the last year or so to also join in?

robinph wrote: »
    So what is being reset? Why? And by who?

How did they convince every other government to join in with the plan? How did they convince every government of every political flavour to join in? How did they convince every government that has been elected in the last year or so to also join in?

Society and the way we live. Klaus Schwab said that all aspects of our society need to be revamped. Why? Because of climate change, I think. They want to restrict what people do, what people eat (no red meat, for example). Soon there'll be no airline industry worth talking about. That means no travel which in turn means less pollution. Look at the WEF's predictions for 2030. One was 'eating meat will be an occasional treat'.

What do you make of this statement by Christiana Figueres, executive secretary of the U.N.'s Framework Convention on Climate Change, from 2015: "This is the first time in the history of mankind that we are setting ourselves the task of intentionally, within a defined period of time, to change the economic development model that has been reigning for at least 150 years, since the Industrial Revolution,"

I don't know whether it's every government. It might just be the governments of the West.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Before we start down the wrong rabbit hole you are saying that the whole point of the covid conspiracy is because of Klauss Schawb want to sort out climate change?

Is this your claim?

• Advertisement

Before we start down the wrong rabbit hole you are saying that the whole point of the covid conspiracy is because of Klauss Schawb want to sort out climate change?

Is this your claim?

They've said as much. The head of WHO said a few months after he declared a pandemic that we had to flatten the climate curve. Bill Gates said the same. Klaus Schwab said we need to put nature at the heart of everything we do. Dr. Vernon Coleman talked about it an interview with Richie Allen a couple of weeks ago. Dave Cullen talks about in his latest video on Bitchute.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,482 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

They've said as much. The head of WHO said a few months after he declared a pandemic that we had to flatten the climate curve. Bill Gates said the same. Klaus Schwab said we need to put nature at the heart of everything we do. Dr. Vernon Coleman talked about it an interview with Richie Allen a couple of weeks ago. Dave Cullen talks about in his latest video on Bitchute.

So talking about saving the human race is a bad thing?

How are they going to get all governments onboard?

What power do the people you mention have?

So saving the human race is a bad thing?

I never said it was a bad thing. I said that Dr. Coleman and Dave Cullen said that the reason for covid-19 is climate change. Dave Cullen talks about it in his latest video.

He has another video on Bitchute about the Davos virtual week in January. In the video he shows a clip of Klaus Schwab praising China as the kind of society we should seek to emulate. The whole health passport thing is a step towards a social-credit system. Neil Clark says that health passports are being pushed so as to implement a social-credit type system in the West.

I never said it was a bad thing. I said that Dr. Coleman and Dave Cullen said that the reason for covid-19 is climate change. Dave Cullen talks about it in his latest video.

Do you have anything to show that these people developed covid and released it to the worlds population?

Do you have anything to show that they have control over all world governments and national civil services, and those governments which were not even elected in 2019 but are now in power?

What is wrong with attempts to halt climate change?

Do you have anything to show that these people developed covid and released it to the worlds population?

Do you have anything to show that they have control over all world governments and national civil services, and those governments which were not even elected in 2019 but are now in power?

What is wrong with attempts to halt climate change?

I don't. It's a hypothesis they have. I think what is more likely is that covid is being taken advantage of. But it is a bit suspicious that the World Economic Forum announces the Great Reset a few months after a pandemic is declared.

And what do you think of this statement by Christina Figueres:

"This is probably the most difficult task we have ever given ourselves, which is to intentionally transform the economic development model, for the first time in human history"

I don't. It's a hypothesis they have. I think what is more likely is that covid is being taken advantage of. But it is a bit suspicious that the World Economic Forum announces the Great Reset a few months after a pandemic is declared. Wouldn't you agree?

They announced a discussion topic called the great reset. They did not announce the great reset. Don’t let facts get in the way though!

They announced a discussion topic called the great reset. They did not announce the great reset. Don’t let facts get in the way though!

He also co-authored a book entitled the Great Reset, and just published another book about Stakeholder Capitalism. There are diagrams all over the WEF website about what needs to be changed. He has said that radical changes are coming.

What do you think of this statement by Christina Figueres from 2015:

"This is probably the most difficult task we have ever given ourselves, which is to intentionally transform the economic development model, for the first time in human history"

Good to see you back under a new username Quiner.

He also co-authored a book entitled the Great Reset, and just published another book about Stakeholder Capitalism. There are diagrams all over the WEF website about what needs to be changed. He has said that radical changes are coming.

What do you think of this statement by Christina Figueres from 2015:

Have you read the book?

Throwing out a one line comment is a little deceiving. No context is provided, not is there any information about what economic development model she is speaking off, and what it would change to. What do you know about the economic development model?

Good to see you back under a new username Quiner.

So many re-regs amongst conspiracy theorists. I wonder why.

• Advertisement

I don't. It's a hypothesis they have. I think what is more likely is that covid is being taken advantage of. But it is a bit suspicious that the World Economic Forum announces the Great Reset a few months after a pandemic is declared.

And what do you think of this statement by Christina Figueres:

What are you suggesting that she is referring to?

To me, without any other context, that seems like a perfectly reasonable comment to make on the last 12 months. Things have changed, and the way the world operates is now very different to what it was a year ago, and likely different things will be happening this time next year but we don't yet know what.

Not seeing anything to be concerned about from that statement. Do you want to translate it to what you think she is saying for us?

So many re-regs amongst conspiracy theorists. I wonder why.

Easy enough to spot posting out of context quotes from a book they have never read.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭PintOfView

Society and the way we live. Klaus Schwab said that all aspects of our society need to be revamped. Why? Because of climate change, I think. They want to restrict what people do, what people eat (no red meat, for example). Soon there'll be no airline industry worth talking about. That means no travel which in turn means less pollution. Look at the WEF's predictions for 2030. One was 'eating meat will be an occasional treat'.

What do you make of this statement by Christiana Figueres, executive secretary of the U.N.'s Framework Convention on Climate Change, from 2015: "This is the first time in the history of mankind that we are setting ourselves the task of intentionally, within a defined period of time, to change the economic development model that has been reigning for at least 150 years, since the Industrial Revolution,"

I don't know whether it's every government. It might just be the governments of the West.

Have you listened to Schwab? And if so then can you give us one idea that he proposed that you don't agree with?

As regards the predictions for the future, aren't they just that, predictions by fallible human beings.
    People have always predicted things, some turn out to be right, some not.
    It all depends on what the wider population does in response to what they see around them at the time.
    Just because people predict something doesn't mean that everyone else will just do it!!

Taking climate change, if you don't think it's real then of course you will be against it, and you will be receptive to the ideas of others who don't believe in it, and who come up with alternative explanations for why people are concerned about it.

If significant climate change due to human activities is real,
    and if the resulting climate, and state of the world, is worse for everyone,
    and if the human population of the planet have it within their power to make a difference,
    then what is so strange if people promote different and more sustainable ways of doing things?

So the question is if climate change is real?
    To answer this we need to refer to those people who study that subject (we can't see glaciers melting from here)
    If the vast majority of people who study it think it's real does that influence your thinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,064 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Weren't we told this was all kicking off in January and that the evil plans of the elites would be revealed. I wonder what happened? I presume we will now get a new timeline from the conspiracy theorists for when it'll all kick off.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Weren't we told this was all kicking off in January and that the evil plans of the elites would be revealed. I wonder what happened? I presume we will now get a new timeline from the conspiracy theorists for when it'll all kick off.
    Most conspiracy theorists are getting smart enough not to give definite timelines. It's better to keep things vague, but still imminent to keep it exciting.

King Mob wrote: »
    Most conspiracy theorists are getting smart enough not to give definite timelines. It's better to keep things vague, but still imminent to keep it exciting.

Exactly and if you give a date and your wrong, you can just create a new account and continue posting nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭CCP24

namloc1980 wrote: »

It has kicked off , it kicked off months ago, been planned for years and is being pushed through the so called covid pandemic. Only people are blind sighted with the pandemic. There is no big secret nor a conspiracy theory here. Read the papers , look past the covid headlines, the reset is in motion , our hi tech overlords, BG, Elon, Mark etc own our governments and media , they are buying up lands.

Why does this have to keep being repeated to the same posters in here, change the record for once lads provide links , & facts that the reset is not happening. Provide evidence that BG and co do not buy off governments and media.

Hide in your homes it will be all alright, You will own nothing and be happy.

What are your opinions on this piece , It is an idea of what some of our life may be like in a few years,
    https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2016/11/how-life-could-change-2030/

CCP24 wrote: »
    It has kicked off , it kicked off months ago, been planned for years and is being pushed through the so called covid pandemic. Only people are blind sighted with the pandemic. There is no big secret nor a conspiracy theory here. Read the papers , look past the covid headlines, the reset is in motion , our hi tech overlords, BG, Elon, Mark etc own our governments and media , they are buying up lands.

Why does this have to keep being repeated to the same posters in here, change the record for once lads provide links , & facts that the reset is not happening. Provide evidence that BG and co do not buy off governments and media.

What are your opinions on this piece , It is an idea of what some of our life may be like in a few years,

So what exactly are you concerned about?

Does Bill Gates giving his money away upset you? Does Elon Musk developing better batteries so that renewable energy can be better used worry you? Does less use of fossil fuels cause some concern?

CCP24 wrote: »

Can you elaborate? Are the big bad men going to come into people's homes and take all our possessions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,445 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Can you elaborate? Are the big bad men going to come into people's homes and take all our possessions?

One fairly throwaway short "what if" futurist blog from a WEF contributor and people are now convinced there will be business meetings in your kitchen an homeless people sleeping in your bed when you're not there. :pac:

And all kitchen utensils delivered on demand in minutes.

Advertisement