Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2021 Premier League

• 03-01-2021 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭

Participants to be announced this evening apparently... probably after the final like other years.

My guesses:

Durrant
    Anderson
    Price
    Wright
    Van Gerwen
    De Sousa
    Van den Bergh
    Smith
    Gurney
    Chisnall

The first seven are probably locked in really IMO. They'll probably want to keep "Bullyboy" i think. Gurney had a good Worlds and they'll probably want Chisnall cause he had a good championship but also the MVG whitewash factor.

Bunting or Aspinall could easily replace Gurney and Dirk/Clemens/Ratajski may also have a snifter of a chance.... probably in that order.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Be suprised if this goes ahead without fans, I think it'll be put off untill may or June.

Degag wrote: »
    Participants to be announced this evening apparently... probably after the final like other years.

My guesses:

Durrant
    Anderson
    Price
    Wright
    Van Gerwen
    De Sousa
    Van den Bergh
    Smith
    Gurney
    Chisnall

The first seven are probably locked in really IMO. They'll probably want to keep "Bullyboy" i think. Gurney had a good Worlds and they'll probably want Chisnall cause he had a good championship but also the MVG whitewash factor.

Bunting or Aspinall could easily replace Gurney and Dirk/Clemens/Ratajski may also have a snifter of a chance.... probably in that order.

Cross gets an automatic spot based on his ranking ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

US2 wrote: »

Cross drops out of the top 4 if Ando wins tonight.

Barry Hearn has confirmed there wont be weekly night contenders

https://twitter.com/BarryHearn/status/1345132291199270915

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Oh really? Had discounted him being honest due to his form. So if Price wins there are 8 "lock ins" really so.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,717 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Obviously still up in the air about dates and venues

Dublin was scheduled for February I think. 2018 was the last time I went up to one and by god I'd kill to get back there this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭boomdocker

I'd have Aspinall in over any of the bottom 3 on your list.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,769 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Price
    MVG
    Wright
    Ando
    Cross
    Durrant
    Asp
    De Sousa
    VDB

Last spot TBC

boomdocker wrote: »
    I'd have Aspinall in over any of the bottom 3 on your list.

I got my wish 😜

Will they find some way to give the last spot to Sherrock i wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

Has to be Chizzy surely? Unless Smith can stop sulking and start putting his talent on the dartboard again.

• Advertisement

They are waiting to see if Barney wins a tourcard.

Reckon it will be whoever gets the furthest in the Masters will get the slot

Would not surprise me if they backtrack on the challenger and that will be player 10

Cant see it been in full Arenas by April either

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Reckon it will be whoever gets the furthest in the Masters will get the slot

Would not surprise me if they backtrack on the challenger and that will be player 10

Cant see it been in full Arenas by April either

Not just the Masters, the UK open is on in march too.

Barney knows something we don't ?

https://twitter.com/Raybar180/status/1345860247680901121?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 12,351 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Could see Wade or Chisnal get a spot if they put in good runs in the next two months

Good call, would still be a huge draw
    Wouldn't be at all surprised if This is the case

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

boomdocker wrote: »
    Good call, would still be a huge draw
    Wouldn't be at all surprised if This is the case

no way will barney be in premier lge tour card or not,cause if he is then thats a pisssssssssss take......................................

Not just the Masters, the UK open is on in march too.

Barney knows something we don't ?

https://twitter.com/Raybar180/status/1345860247680901121?s=19

Ismt RVD going back to Qualifying school ?

Imagine if they did something like 'a legends challenger' each week. Phil Taylor, RVB,Mardle,Deller, Part etc

Imagine if they did something like 'a legends challenger' each week. Phil Taylor, RVB,Mardle,Deller, Part etc

borefest

Wouldn’t surprise me

Everyone barring Taylor from that list would be destroyed i reckon

• Advertisement

how does barney have a pl spot even with tour card its a joke,bunting deserves a go way more than barney etc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Whatever about the participants I still think they need to change up the format. It's been stale for nearly a decade at this point.

We watch legs of 501 every single tournament, I really don't think we need to see it in this apart from the finals night.

They should change up the format every week. Have a yorkshire board one week, quadro board the next week, double start the next week, games of 301 the next week, etc

I know it'd be gimmicky but it'd make me a lot more likely to tune in. Plus it's an exhibition and the crowds will flock to it regardless.

El Sueño wrote: »
    Whatever about the participants I still think they need to change up the format. It's been stale for nearly a decade at this point.

We watch legs of 501 every single tournament, I really don't think we need to see it in this apart from the finals night.

They should change up the format every week. Have a yorkshire board one week, quadro board the next week, double start the next week, games of 301 the next week, etc

I know it'd be gimmicky but it'd make me a lot more likely to tune in. Plus it's an exhibition and the crowds will flock to it regardless.

and a spinning board :D

El Sueño wrote: »

Totally agree. Rarely watch the league stage of it, just goes on far too long. Needs a shake up but i guess once it continues to be a cash cow for the PDC, they won’t care.

bassy wrote: »
    and a spinning board :D

Keep that for finals night :D

A double start like the GP ?

Clayton takes the final spot

Fair play to him

In saying that, it doesn't increase my interest in it whatsoever

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 108 ✭✭Fran has a bone

Any indication when this is and story about crowds? At least Clayton is a new face for interest but I agree that the format is a tad stale. The Premier League really needs the crowds more so than other events

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭SketchyPrince

Any indication when this is and story about crowds? At least Clayton is a new face for interest but I agree that the format is a tad stale. The Premier League really needs the crowds more so than other events
    I'd say they'll ride it out until they can get some crowds in. Prize money for the PL is mad big, would imagine the big crowds that come out to see it are the reason they can offer that much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭SketchyPrince

Lot of debate around the selections of the PL, understandably. The issue I have with it is they're unsure themselves if they want to have it as a serious, elite competition or a travelling exhibition.

I think they should either have either no wildcards (with just the world's top 10 or so), have just one or two wildcards to accommodate major winners not in the top ranks or just go mad with it and have whoever they want like Barney or Fallon.

I'm in favour of the former of the two, but any bit of consistency would be nice.

Advertisement