Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The PCR test is mandatory to travel

2»

Comments

You and your missus want to fly somewhere to see a friend and stay for a few days in their place. Maybe bring your teenage son and daughter.

That's 600 quid for the four of you just to get on the plane. But HEY, it's worth it, right?

But then your son or daughter has an accident and is laid up in hospital at your destination. Happily nothing too serious but maybe a few weeks in hospital. You and the remaining crew punch back to Ireland but each time you and your wife want to pop over to see him/her you have to fess up 300 quid just to board the flight.

Kinda adds up doesn't it?

How about not fcuking flying to see anyone while people are dying from a global epidemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

You're right. No test is 100%. That doesn't mean tests are zero effective. They will stop most spread. The alternative is to shut down all travel, like currently. This seems a good compromise.

It is NOT a good compromise. Stop trying to fish where there's no water.

If something is not working then why should I or anyone PAY for it. And if the tests aren't reliable then why have them

a: to permit people to travel,

and

b: have people pay an exorbitant amount of money for this test that prevents or proves NOTHING.

Answer me that.

If people need to travel...and they do NEED to travel then it's ok to crush them with this bill. Some of us work abroad. Some of us make our living which involves crossing borders, hard as that may be to fathom for some who think that travelling is a luxury that nobody has to avail of.

Nobody has to drive or go running in the woods either. I drive but couldn't be bothered as I live in two cities where I don't need a car. I don't run in the frigging woods either. Nobody NEEDS to do this but if a stipulation came in that anybody who wanted to engage in these activities...activities in which I don't partake, were to be subjected to a punitive monetary obligation then I would be out there railing against said sanction by their side.

Shame that those who think that just because a mandatory and costly AND inneffective PCR test might not ever apply to them then they couldn't give a fcuk.

It does work in some cases and therefore of benefit - it shouldn't be hard to understand. Some people are just hard of understanding. And with that in mind I think I cannot help you any further. Enjoy your next flight whatever decade that might be.

Smee_Again wrote: »
    What right do you have to travel across international boundaries?

Is it an absolute right or can it be limited? Hint: it isn’t and it can.

HINT: You have every right.

So, the €180 figure is irrelevant for starters. No you don't have a right to fly. Bring that EU charter with you to the airport, it will be something to sit on while you come to the realisation you're going nowhere.

If you have to travel for work and it is necessary work will have to pay.

As I said, people are restricted from going to funerals. So, if someone needs to travel to lessen the likelihood they are going to be the cause of someone's death they need a test. Simples.

Work will have to pay? Really? And where is that codified in the law?

How many measures must be taken before you step back and say "hang on, guys!" ?

I already mentioned that thousands of people need to cross the border once or more a week to either visit a relative of to go home because they work and live i two different jurisdictions. Why is that so impossible for you to grasp. Do you think Maria who lives on the Belgian border but works in a call centre or a hotel across the border in The Netherlands should be happy about paying for a PCR test every week or even twice a week at the cost of 300 quid just to go and do her job?

These stipulations obviously don't apply to you and it's quite obvious that you couldn't give a toss about anyone who doesn't walk in your shoes, but some of us do..

• Advertisement

An attempt to explain this to you was already made.

I certainly missed that one.

So, the €180 figure is irrelevant for starters. No you don't have a right to fly. Bring that EU charter with you to the airport, it will be something to sit on while you come to the realisation you're going nowhere.

As I said, people are restricted from going to funerals. So, if someone needs to travel to lessen the likelihood they are going to be the cause of someone's death they need a test. Simples.

Are you going to equate going to a funeral with the necessity of travelling?

Here's a simple question for you. Do you think that Mike O'Leary is stumping up 100+ euros every 72 hours for his cabin staff to fly into Holland?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

HINT: You have every right.

Nope. Your whole thread is based on a poor understanding of personal rights.

Not much point engaging as you don’t seem the type to actually absorb information.

How about not fcuking flying to see anyone while people are dying from a global epidemic.

And how about you think about people who cross borders for a LIVING. You know, truck drivers, train drivers, cabin staff, cargo ship personnel and myriad others who bring you your fcuking everyday delights like Penney's boxers or vaseline.

You think that all travel is just people swanning off to Monaco for Tiffin and Pimms?

People are dying from a pandemic so your "leadership" is lights off. Shut the airports. Close it all down. Yet you still probably order your chicken balls and sauce. And watch telly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,499 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

The following people do not need a negative test result:

Children under 13;
    People arriving from countries on the EU list of safe countries;
    People arriving from Iceland;
    Cross-border commuters (including students and school children);
    Holders of a diplomatic identity card issued by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs;
    Holders of non-Dutch diplomatic passports;
    Holders of Dutch diplomatic passports, if they are travelling as part of their job, in order to perform their job or after performing their job;
    Heads of state and members of foreign governments;
    Individuals who work in the goods transport sector, and other transportation personnel in so far as necessary. This includes lorry drivers and individuals who work on container ships, bulk carriers (e.g. of ore and coal), tankers (fuel and chemicals) and fishing vessels. It also includes individuals who work in the energy sector, including oil and gas platforms and offshore wind farms, offshore companies that provide services to this sector, and air, cruise-ship and ferry crew members if they are travelling in order to perform their job;
    Seafarers who possess a seaman’s record book if they are travelling as part of their job, in order to perform work or after performing work. This exemption does not apply to seafarers on commercial yachts and pleasure craft;
    Passengers on flights which do not have a Dutch airport as their destination, but are diverted to a Dutch airport due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Passengers with a NATO Travel Order or a NATO-2 visum.

People travelling by car also do not need a test.

Seems someone didn't look into this at all and was only too happy to run to boards foaming at the mouth. Scarlet.

Please explain the conspiracy.

• Advertisement

My daughter got a PCR test yesterday in Dublin, cost €100 , flying back to the Netherlands tomorrow, before she came home she got tested in the Netherlands, cost 0, don't think the Dutch govt are making much out of this. There are plenty of other countries where you need a test for entry

Just a piece of advice. Tell your daughter that the Dutch police have been authorised to draw their guns on anybody setting off fireworks tonight.

So if your daughter is out with a few mates...you know, just doing her thing and her friends, Jens or Kees or Bas, decide after a bellyfull of Amstel to set off some bottle rockets make sure you daughter is not close by should the fireworks or the Politie bullets cause her harm.

Can I bring the EU Charter with me if I get on a bus in Monchengladbach and cross the border into Holland?

Am I ok if I just walk across the border....you know 200 metres uo the road to see a friend or family member or should I just NOT travel that distance because "the world is dying from a pandemic"?

Can I bring the EU Charter with me if I get on a bus in Monchengladbach and cross the border into Holland?

Am I ok if I just walk across the border....you know 200 metres uo the road to see a friend or family member or should I just NOT travel that distance because "the world is dying from a pandemic"?

No need for a test if travelling less than 30k beyond the border.

You don't need to travel. People are not able to go to funerals. People are dying. Just checking, you believe this, right?

Where are you getting your €180 figure from?And do you understand the economies of scale?

And now we're onto water charges. FFS, concentrate man!

And what would you do if your mother died and left behind a widower and 10 children?

Which one doesn't get to attend the funeral? In order to save the world? Her bereaved husband? The youngest? Oldest?

Perhaps you ought to not only attempt at concentrating but to begin thinking prior to that.

Smee_Again wrote: »
    What right do you have to travel across international boundaries?

Is it an absolute right or can it be limited? Hint: it isn’t and it can.

Are you aware of people who own land straddling the border with The Republic of Ireland and the United Kingdom? Some even have houses through which an international border passes.

Are you trying to say that they don't have the right to go from their kitchen in the UK to their bedroom in the ROI?

You have the right to walk across the border from Luxembourg to France and back a 1000 times a day if you want.

If you think that right should be taken away then I expect that you would be clamouring for hard borders and fences and razor wire here, there and everywhere.

It does work in some cases and therefore of benefit - it shouldn't be hard to understand. Some people are just hard of understanding. And with that in mind I think I cannot help you any further. Enjoy your next flight whatever decade that might be.

Well I honestly hope that you don't need to fly to a funeral, wedding, interview or to see a loved one who is in another country and can't come to see you because they are incapacitated, I wholeheartedly do hope so.

But should you find such an eventuality then I hope you have the money to pay for a test before you can embark upon that journey......whatever decade that might be.

The following people do not need a negative test result:

Children under 13;
    People arriving from countries on the EU list of safe countries;
    People arriving from Iceland;
    Cross-border commuters (including students and school children);
    Holders of a diplomatic identity card issued by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs;
    Holders of non-Dutch diplomatic passports;
    Holders of Dutch diplomatic passports, if they are travelling as part of their job, in order to perform their job or after performing their job;
    Heads of state and members of foreign governments;
    Individuals who work in the goods transport sector, and other transportation personnel in so far as necessary. This includes lorry drivers and individuals who work on container ships, bulk carriers (e.g. of ore and coal), tankers (fuel and chemicals) and fishing vessels. It also includes individuals who work in the energy sector, including oil and gas platforms and offshore wind farms, offshore companies that provide services to this sector, and air, cruise-ship and ferry crew members if they are travelling in order to perform their job;
    Seafarers who possess a seaman’s record book if they are travelling as part of their job, in order to perform work or after performing work. This exemption does not apply to seafarers on commercial yachts and pleasure craft;
    Passengers on flights which do not have a Dutch airport as their destination, but are diverted to a Dutch airport due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Passengers with a NATO Travel Order or a NATO-2 visum.

People travelling by car also do not need a test.

Seems someone didn't look into this at all and was only too happy to run to boards foaming at the mouth. Scarlet.

Please explain the conspiracy.

If those people are exempt then why not everyone?

If this virus is so dangerous then why does a person with a diplomatic passport or a cross border commuter get a pass but someone getting on a plane or ferry is different? Does the virus not affect people who drive across the border but it does affect those who are in a train?

No conspiracy that I can think of but maybe you could explain why some need to have a test and some don't.

No need for a test if travelling less than 30k beyond the border.

You need a test to enter the country. That's what the Dutch government has stated.

If those people are exempt then why not everyone?

If this virus is so dangerous then why does a person with a diplomatic passport or a cross border commuter get a pass but someone getting on a plane or ferry is different? Does the virus not affect people who drive across the border but it does affect those who are in a train?

No conspiracy that I can think of but maybe you could explain why some need to have a test and some don't.

To minimise risk while not wrecking the economy. Only people from high risk countries need a clear test.

To minimise risk while not wrecking the economy. Only people from high risk countries need a clear test.

"Minimise" risk?

If the risk is so dire then why are measures being taken against some but not all?

Are you making it up?

If it is so important to protect people then why are

a. Tests not compulsory for EVERYONE

b. So expensive for those who someone just decided should take them?

• Advertisement

"Minimise" risk?

If the risk is so dire then why are measures being taken against some but not all?

Are you making it up?

If it is so important to protect people then why are

a. Tests not compulsory for EVERYONE

b. So expensive for those who someone just decided should take them?

If you want to go on your holliers from a high risk country then you can pay 100 quid for a test or not go. Industry is not affected as it's essential. Holidays are not.

You posted this on the conspiracy forum, what's the conspiracy?

You need a test to enter the country. That's what the Dutch government has stated.

You should read what the requirements are before posting further.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Travel restrictions in a pandemic is not a conspiracy.

Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement