Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refund of €250

• 12-11-2020 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭

The Irish Times says 3rd level students are to be refunded €250 to compensate for the increased amount of online learning. I hope to God the refund comes to the person who paid the fees/is paying for the increased utilities usage/the better broadband etc i.e. me!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭shrek008

Good luck with that😂

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Wanderer19

It is being paid to you, but a lot of people also have decreased travel costs and reduction in other campus based activities that make up the cost of utilities.

I'd be more concerned Where the funding is coming, from and how is it going to be paid back, I think we're in for higher taxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭ALS

Can’t understand why it’s being paid back to students who receive a grant from SUSI, they haven’t paid but are being refunded €250

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Mims.xo

Do we need to apply for this? Are masters students also included?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

Yes, it's for postgrads too - don't think we have to apply - it will be a credit on your account if you have paid in full, or deducted from balance if you only paid half of fees to date

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

From DCU:
    Please also note that the emergency COVID payment of €250 has now been applied to all applicable EU Full-time student accounts, so your balance has been reduced by this amount. Students who had already been paid in full will have this amount carried forward to the next academic year except for final year students who we will be in touch with in the New Year with regards to processing a refund. For further information, please visit the following link: https://www.dcu.ie/fees/noticeboard-fees

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Mims.xo

Hey TG,
    thanks for your replies. Hibernia College won't give a refund because they're a private college.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Wanderer19

The grant was given for the student, not the college. If it is given to them then they'll have to refund you/credit you account.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 pollymv1

Complete circus. They've saved so much this year. Virtual everything costs peanuts.

Advertisement