Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

advice on mixer

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 27 Drewgerger

Allen & Heath Xone:23.
    Pioneer DJ DJM-250mkII.
    Reloop RMX-33i.
    Numark M4 USB.
    Behringer VMX100USB 2 Channel DJ Pro Mixer.
    Vonyx STM500BT.
    Behringer NOX101 DJ Mixer.
    Citronic PRO-2b 2 Channel DJ Mixer with 5 Inputs.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,810 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Between the two I would deffo go for the 450 if you want effects. They will work with your analog setup. What's also cool is that you can set the effects no just for the channel but for the crossfader. This means you and skratch and the effects only happen on your open fader. Can be neat for doing skratch echo/delay/spirals.
    The colour effects are nice to for adding some extra flair to you mix ins and outs.
    There is some decent YT video that explain the effects and some interesting ways to use them in tandem.
    Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Piriz

iamstop wrote: »
    Between the two I would deffo go for the 450 if you want effects. They will work with your analog setup. What's also cool is that you can set the effects no just for the channel but for the crossfader. This means you and skratch and the effects only happen on your open fader. Can be neat for doing skratch echo/delay/spirals.
    The colour effects are nice to for adding some extra flair to you mix ins and outs.
    There is some decent YT video that explain the effects and some interesting ways to use them in tandem.
    Good luck.

I looked at a behringer ddm4000 online and a similar behringer model to the pioneer 450 but wasnt convinced I'd be happy

so I bought the 450 on recordcase.de for 589 new.. hope it arrives before christmas

Congrats mate. I'd advise you to watch a few vids on youtube for how the effects work and different ways to manipulate them. You have a mixcloud?

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭luketitz

Nice choice on the 450, had a 600 a few years back and flogged it, always regret doing that!

Still have a nice 2 channel scratch mixer but do miss the auld reverb and other cool bits the pioneer range brings to a mix!

Enjoy the new setup, hope it arrives in time for Xmas!

• Advertisement

yes i watched most of the videos about the 450 that i could find on youtube but i hoped there would be better tutorials on it.

I dont have mix cloud. One of the reasons i really liked the 350 mixer because it was simple to record - just plug in a USB... i really want to record my mixes so i can listen back and iron out any errors that sound good at the time but dont actually work etc...

I have been playing on and off for over 20 years.. im quite creative when i get going.. i like to mix up the genres and rarely know what tune im going to play next.. it keeps it interesting for me.. so i really want to record a few mixes and share a few too..

I dont want the hassle of hooking up the laptop so im thinking of getting an evermix box sometime next year.

got an email that the 450 shipped yesterday so im hopeful for a noisy christmas

Piriz wrote: »
    I dont want the hassle of hooking up the laptop so im thinking of getting an evermix box sometime next year.

It's really not that much hassle tbh. One cable and you can get Audacity for free to do your recording and some basic (or detailed) edits before you upload.

It's really not that much hassle tbh. One cable and you can get Audacity for free to do your recording and some basic (or detailed) edits before you upload.

I'll try that thanks... might be good to be able to do some edits.. its more fun to play when your less concerned about making mistakes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭francois

+1 on audacity, very solid program and easy to setup and use for recording and editiing

Advertisement