Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Guitar respray

• 18-11-2020 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi,

I see a few obsolete threads on the topic so I'll ask again.

I have a 1996 Gibson Les Paul Special in TV yellow signed by Stereophonics (won on a radio show). Its a fantastic guitar to play but I wouldn't be a fan of the colour or the band.

Does anyone have any recommendations of who can respray guitars?
    Or any thoughts on how difficult this might be if trying it myself?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

regardless of the signatures etc, a respray will massively hit your resale value.

if it's a keeper and you never plan to sell it, then any car bodyshop could do it if you strip out the electrics first.

obviously talk to them first before you get your screwdriver out!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Jeff.

Hi there, I have just finished respraying a '61 Hofner and I found the Manchester guitar tech company to be a fantastic help and also dealer for nitrocellulose paints if you fancy giving this project a go yourself? Yellow is actually a good base colour to continue a sunburst design? It's all about your own preferences of course but I would personally leave it the original colour as it will dramatically reduce the resale value of this guitar. There are a few luthiers around who first do mech and repair work that must know individuals in this field? Theres a lad in Lucan called Gerry Haze you could call? But if you're adventurous like me and you fancy turning your hand to this skill, there are really great self build vignettes in particular the Manchester guitar tech ones that will aid your efforts. Good luck in your endeavor!

Advertisement