Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fear of moving out of college house

• 13-09-2018 11:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Hi,

I’m in my final year of college. There’s 9 of us in a 5 bedroom house, there was 6 but 3 of the lads house fell through.

I’m sharing a room and I have no desk. It’s grand, not overly uncomfortable and doable. But I don’t think it’s where I should be in my final year if I want to get the grades I’m thinking of getting.

I know if I say it to the girls they won’t be impressed, and it may cause hostility. If I move out I know if I visit their house and go out with them and see them in college, they won’t act the same towards me and won’t invite me places.

I know I’m the bigger fool for not realizing this earlier. I don’t know how to go about it and whether to stick it out?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

Hi,

I’m in my final year of college. There’s 9 of us in a 5 bedroom house, there was 6 but 3 of the lads house fell through.

I’m sharing a room and I have no desk. It’s grand, not overly uncomfortable and doable. But I don’t think it’s where I should be in my final year if I want to get the grades I’m thinking of getting.

I know if I say it to the girls they won’t be impressed, and it may cause hostility. If I move out I know if I visit their house and go out with them and see them in college, they won’t act the same towards me and won’t invite me places.

I know I’m the bigger fool for not realizing this earlier. I don’t know how to go about it and whether to stick it out?

Your priority is your degree. Get the best accommodation you can in order to maximize your chances. People might be annoyed in the short term but they will get over it. If they don't they are not worth knowing anyway. You will always make other friends in college.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Sounds convenient. Am I to assume they're living with their gf's?
    Do you have anywhere else to study? What are rents like?
    You make it sound like they only accept you as you live with them; when you finish college, will you ever see them again?
    Fcuk them all. Can you get another place, and how much deposit will you lose (because you're probably breaking the lease if you leave)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭engiweirdo

Best of luck to them all, but: You won't really care in a few years time about falling out with a few lads in college over accommodation, but if you stay and your degree grade suffers.......

Advertisement