Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Shackleton Park, Lucan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭corre10

They are removing the breakfast bar!!

WHAT! That's crazy sure it changes the whole layout of the kitchen! Where did you buy again was it Shackleton Way?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭dn2017

rmctex wrote: »
    dn2017 wrote: »
    I was talking to HMCD today and I was told that they are hoping to have couples snagging from the middle of October. I am guessing this is for Shackleton Place, first block on the Way and then Shackleton Walk.

I also asked is it possible to move the radiator from the partition wall backing onto the hall onto the partition wall backing onto the stairs which I am hoping they can do! We were informed before that the radiator was going to be under the window but this has changed.

Thanks for the information!

would you mind to point in what number ( in the picture) is the radiator located?
    or where is going to be it's final location?

https://ibb.co/b8bez5

Thanks

The radiator will be beside wall 1 but I want to move it over to wall 4. Don't think Cairn will move it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Checki0610

corre10 wrote: »
    WHAT! That's crazy sure it changes the whole layout of the kitchen! Where did you buy again was it Shackleton Way?

Is this just in type C??

Checki0610 wrote: »
    Is this just in type C??

I'm type A and so far haven't heard anything about any proposed changes. Bit nervous now!

I'm type A and so far haven't heard anything about any proposed changes. Bit nervous now!

Me too 😳 I really hope they don't change it like that's the main thing I liked about the house! I haven't heard anything either so fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Nastygal2511

They said to get the double oven into house type C they need to remove the breakfast bar!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

What are peoples thoughts on this announcement of 8000 new homes to be built in Clonburris ie the land beside Shackleton

Thats just the 25% of the land that Cairn own- the council have 35% and three other developers have just under 15% each. Cairn have suggested they'll build 500 units there- for each of the next 16 years- and the council have suggested they will use their stake for a public park and additional social housing units.

It all rides on whether, or not, the councillors agree on the SDZ at their September meeting (next week, I think).

The 8,000 units mentioned- are only Cairns share though- and relate to exactly a quarter of the site...........

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

They said to get the double oven into house type C they need to remove the breakfast bar!

Aka someone messed up with their measurements?
    Personally- I'd rather a single oven, and a breakfast bar- than a double oven- however, one way or the other- if you paid for it- you deserve it- or you deserve something in its stead.

Maybe I'm being stupid but how does putting in a double oven on the other side of the kitchen affect a kitchen island???

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭audi5

What are peoples thoughts on this announcement of 8000 new homes to be built in Clonburris ie the land beside Shackleton

Not beside Shackleton as such, but its on land west of Fonthill Road to east of Newcastle road, and north/south of Kildare line:

http://www.sdcc.ie/sites/default/files/publications//clonburris-sdz-site-boundary.pdf

It has been in the works for many years but plans were put on hold after 2008 I believe. Certainly not going to help traffic in the area. They seriously need to look into infrastructure around west Dublin, increase frequency on kildare line by bringing forward plans for DART expansion to Hazelhatch, not to mention Luas Lucan which has been pushed back into second half of Transport 35 (and will probably be pushed back further in next recession).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭audi5

Thats just the 25% of the land that Cairn own- the council have 35% and three other developers have just under 15% each. Cairn have suggested they'll build 500 units there- for each of the next 16 years- and the council have suggested they will use their stake for a public park and additional social housing units.

It all rides on whether, or not, the councillors agree on the SDZ at their September meeting (next week, I think).

The 8,000 units mentioned- are only Cairns share though- and relate to exactly a quarter of the site...........

8000 is the total number of units, not Cairns share. Plan was for 15000 units but that was shelved along with Metro west. They have reduced density requirement, just like they reduced it for Adamstown.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/environment/clonburris-will-not-repeat-past-planning-mistakes-says-council-1.3201380

• Registered Users Posts: 29 8090xl

Me too 😳 I really hope they don't change it like that's the main thing I liked about the house! I haven't heard anything either so fingers crossed.

Nobody rang us either.. We're Type B.. Fingers crossed..

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Lavly

8090xl wrote: »

I hope they are not changing the lay out of type B. That is what I like about the kitchen and the sink is there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭TommyGrealy

There was a post yesterday (I can't find it now) asking about a wall between Shackleton Way and the exciting estate adjacent (which is doddsborough cottages). If you look at the satellite images on Google maps. You can actually see that some of these houses actually have another house shoved in at the end of their very long back gardens. Access to these homes is currently though the original homes entrance but the plan is to have new access off Shackleton Way. I saw this somewhere in the planning docs

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Lavly

8090xl wrote: »

Winston advised that they have not been made aware of any changes to the B Type house. There was an alteration in the Type C house to accommodate the fridge freezer and ovens.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Aceform

Hey folks, came across this thread. We are planning to put down deposit in Shackleton but we also saw the new development (Somerton) on newcastle road.
    Any views on advantages/disadvantages of somerton/Shackleton

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Nastygal2511

Aceform wrote: »
    Hey folks, came across this thread. We are planning to put down deposit in Shackleton but we also saw the new development (Somerton) on newcastle road.
    Any views on advantages/disadvantages of somerton/Shackleton

The only difference seems to be the price. The 3 bed terrace in somerton is e320k we got a 3 bed semidetached with a south faceibg garden for the same price. I live in westbury next to Somerton and the traffic is so bad so I would just be sceptical that this will improve with more houses feeding onto the Newcastle road!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭TommyGrealy

Lavly wrote: »
    Do you know if there will be a wall separating Shackleton Park from the other estate? I had a look at the area earlier and it looks like the first block of Shackleton Way will be facing the back garden of the houses in Dodsboro.
    My previous post was in reply to this

Looks like there will be two show houses opening in the next 4-6 weeks in Shackleton Place!

Looks like there will be two show houses opening in the next 4-6 weeks in Shackleton Place!

No way, which ones? 4-6 weeks!

• Advertisement

No way, which ones? 4-6 weeks!

I know there will be one type B house but not sure what the other show house will be. Builder told me that it should be 4-6 weeks when there ready to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 iloveknowledge

I had assumed that Shackleton Park had all sold out and is finished since they've moved the marketing building. Do you mean that there will be showhouses open for Somerton?

I had assumed that Shackleton Park had all sold out and is finished since they've moved the marketing building. Do you mean that there will be showhouses open for Somerton?

No Shackleton Park still have a lot of houses to be sold. They moved the information suite to another site but they still have to build phase 2 in Shackleton Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Fk28

We got the call about them removing the breakfast bar. We're have a type D house. We were told that it was to allow for the double oven. I wasn't happy about it considering its in the brochure and the plans. I met with Nolan kitchens today to see about add in inserts into the kitchen presses. They said that once the roof is on the house they start putting in the kitchen straight away and therefore any extras have to be paid up in full in the next week or two. So if anyone is planning to meet with Nolan kitchens do it ASAP.
    Also I noticed that the two tone presses don't look like two tone presses anymore as there are very little high presses so it just looks like there at two white presses and the remainder are a mushroom grey colour. I don't know if this is the same in any of the houses but if anyone has the D house might be something to look into.

Guys anyone looking for a brand new couch for their new house, have a look at the below link for DFS. They messed up on there website which they are selling an L shape couch for 139 euro but the proper price 2k, you can get the couch in different colours and I know a few people who bought the couch tonight and got a receipt email so it's legit!

http://m.dfs.ie/burton/btn3zasms#zUBEIPUUH9Y0fOO7.97

• Registered Users Posts: 7 iloveknowledge

No Shackleton Park still have a lot of houses to be sold. They moved the information suite to another site but they still have to build phase 2 in Shackleton Park.

Thanks for clarifying. I didn't realise that there will be a second phase in Shackleton. Do you know are they holding a launch weekend or whatever?

Thanks for clarifying. I didn't realise that there will be a second phase in Shackleton. Do you know are they holding a launch weekend or whatever?

I haven't a clue. You are better of ringing Hooke and McDonald they will be able to tell you more and hopefully give you dates for the show houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lozzle

has anyone paid a booking deposit for a house that isnt due to be finished until the new year? if so have your contacts been issued and requiring signatures in the next few weeks. Surely this is way too early because mortgage letter of offer is only valid for 6months so surely it will have expired before the house is ready??? is anyone else in this position

lozzle wrote: »
    has anyone paid a booking deposit for a house that isnt due to be finished until the new year? if so have your contacts been issued and requiring signatures in the next few weeks. Surely this is way too early because mortgage letter of offer is only valid for 6months so surely it will have expired before the house is ready??? is anyone else in this position

I don't think they really care about that. We put our deposit down in may and signed contracts and all in June and our mortgage expires the start of December. Ours is due to be ready end of December but prob Jan so we have to re apply for our mortgage. Our bank just said to re apply a bit early to make sure it's re-approved by Dec. It's annoying but they did send the contracts straight away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 lozzle

I just think its way too early to sign contracts for a house that hasnt even been built yet.
    Having to re apply for a mortgage is a pain too, what if criteria has changed since last time the mortgage was approved. If winter is bad and houses are all delayed being finished, come the new year there could be very different criteria for mortgages.

Advertisement