Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin bus cleaner

• 09-12-2018 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi folks, I’m wondering is there anyone out there that is a Dublin bus cleaner who actually cleans the busses I’d like to start out cleaning the busses and work my way up I’m just wondering what’s the easiest and best possible way to go about this??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

I would imagine it's done through contractors I don't think many companies actually hire cleaners directly. They are looking for drivers if you have a car licence and your interested though. They might get apprentices to clean buses not sure though.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Dublin Bus is not Irish Rail - they hire drivers in directly, you do not need to start off in a different role.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

L1011 wrote: »
    Dublin Bus is not Irish Rail - they hire drivers in directly, you do not need to start off in a different role.

I know that yes. I thought they may get apprentice mechanics to clean the buses I'm not sure though. I don't exactly know how their internal recruitment policy you could be in with a better chance of being promoted to a driver if you already work for the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,218 ✭✭✭✭Victor

With Dublin Bus, as best I can determine, the yard shunters (a driver grade) washes the outside of the buses - the have outsized car washes in the depots. Contract cleaners clean the inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

GK125 wrote: »
    Hi folks, I’m wondering is there anyone out there that is a Dublin bus cleaner who actually cleans the busses I’d like to start out cleaning the busses and work my way up I’m just wondering what’s the easiest and best possible way to go about this??

The role you describe is known as "Engineering Operative",and is usually advertised on the Website.

Keep an eye on the page as it's regularly updated with differing opportunities.

Nothing to stop you e-mailing or telephoning Head Office to make a general enquiry either.

https://www.dublinbus.ie/Human-Resources/

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Go-Ahead were looking for shunters. Closing date for applications was a few weeks ago, but it might be worth enquiring about.

https://www.goaheadireland.ie/shunters-x-4

• Registered Users Posts: 73,365 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,358 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

colm_mcm wrote: »
    What does this have to do with the OPs query. By disrupting threads you’re only making yourself look silly.

It's a common problem in commuting threads. Most of us just gloss over'im.

Advertisement