Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My lad is a CTYI student advice in schooling

• 22-05-2012 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

My lad has been attending CTYI since he was 8 he is now 12 and entering his last year in national school come Sept 2012. Has anyone experience on what is best going forward. Should we be looking at private education or would he benefit just as much in a normal school with his friends?

Any experience advise or help from other parents who have gone through these stages would be great

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

DavidWills wrote: »
    My lad has been attending CTYI since he was 8 he is now 12 and entering his last year in national school come Sept 2012. Has anyone experience on what is best going forward. Should we be looking at private education or would he benefit just as much in a normal school with his friends?

Any experience advise or help from other parents who have gone through these stages would be great

Thanks

I went to CTYI during the same period of time, from about 8 or 9 until 12. I'd say send him with his friends. Private education is overrated and you can always continue to send him to CTYI as a teenager anyway if you want, so he's not losing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I went to a "normal" school and turned out fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 DavidWills

Yea think thats best thanks lads

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I was in the senior program, and I'd reckon 90-95% of us were in public schools. If you're ambitious enough you'll succeed, no matter the school.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Depends on the quality of school in your area, privates tend to be quite good but public schools can be a mixed lot. If there's a good public school in the area then may as well send him there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement