Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Charging leads

• 08-12-2018 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hi All

I have a new ionic coming In January and just getting prepared with a home charger etc. I will need a 10 meter extension cable and also a 10 meter portable charger cable for using ecar points, where is the best place to buy or are they all much the same.

Also is there much cable theft occurring when at public charge points.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,194 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Why do you need an extension cable?

For the 10m public charging cable, speak to Phil Fitzgerald in Electric Autos, he has a good range at a good price.

I've been an EV driver for 3.5 years and haven't heard of any cable theft.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Madisonmenece

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Why do you need an extension cable?

For the 10m public charging cable, speak to Phil Fitzgerald in Electric Autos, he has a good range at a good price.

I've been an EV driver for 3.5 years and haven't heard of any cable theft.

Will check Them Out, my Charge point will be 12 meters from the parking spot with only 5 meter teather. Its just an easier install in the selected Location

• Registered Users Posts: 64,745 ✭✭✭✭unkel

I got my 15m cable (that I leave connected to my home charger) from Phil too. I got it for a slightly better price than anywhere I could find online and I'm happy to support a small Irish reputable business.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,194 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Will check Them Out, my Charge point will be 12 meters from the parking spot with only 5 meter teather. Its just an easier install in the selected Location

Ah you mean an extension lead for the home charging cable? Not sure if that's possible. You might be better getting an untethered charger and a 15m cable, same as Unkel.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,745 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Make sure you get a few more meters than you think you need too! Thankfully I was lucky enough to do that and now I have the easiest possible charging solution: the charger hangs in the bush beside my driveway within a couple of feet of where the charge port of the car is. Literally takes 5 seconds to hook up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement