Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

High quality bed, mattress and headboard

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭bigmickey.ie

Wheety wrote: »
    I'm back in work now after being in sporadically in December so have a little bit of time to write this.

We ordered the Birlea Phoenix Ottoman bed and the Hilton 3000 (delivered to Palmerstown on the 7th December so you know who I am bigmickey).

Fiona (If I remember correctly) threw in something a little extra as we had a baby on the 4th.

Have to say it is a beautiful bed with plenty of storage underneath. The mattress is very comfortable. I know it's hard to choose a mattress without trying it out as everyone has their own preference for firmness but this is exactly how I like it. It is quite firm but offers great support. We got a Kingsize bed and mattress and have been taking turns sleeping in it as the other parent is in the other room with the baby. :D

Great price and service. another happy customer here.

Thanks Wheety.

Come back soon. Delighted you are happy.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Black metal frame with Airsprung brand mattress for 250 euro. Free delivery and 30 euro assembly charge so 280 euro for all

Do you have a link by any chance to see the frame?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Hi

Yes, No Problem. We can take away the old one. It's normally 15 euro for the recycling station for the old one. We only have a small number of the John Lewis left and all in Kingsize.

Bigmickey.ie

Great, what's the best way to order then to include removal? Just ring?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭cranefly

BigMickey. Can you tell me more about the Jade 1500 mattress, in the description it is a latex mattress, with coil springs, how much of the 25cm is actually latex, and is it original latex or a blended form, what other type of foam is in the make up, in other words, can you break down all the different layers and the width of each layer for me.

Blanco100 wrote: »

PM Sent.

• Advertisement

mcgovern wrote: »
    Great, what's the best way to order then to include removal? Just ring?

Hi,

Yes you can ring our store or order online.

Bigmickey

cranefly wrote: »
    BigMickey. Can you tell me more about the Jade 1500 mattress, in the description it is a latex mattress, with coil springs, how much of the 25cm is actually latex, and is it original latex or a blended form, what other type of foam is in the make up, in other words, can you break down all the different layers and the width of each layer for me.

Hi cranefly,

It is a pcoket sprung mattress and not a coil spring. Please see below;
    1500 Individual Pocket Springs
    Natural Latex
    Sumptuous Fabric
    Superior Edge to Edge Support
    Body Pressure Relief
    Hypoallergenic
    Turnable

We have Breasley Natural Latex mattress (complete latex block, no springs) in stock but not on our website for 499 euro.

BigMickey

Hi BigMickey, thanks for responding, i just looked up the breasley latex mattress, is it the Nulife Zenith latex mattress, 20cm depth, there description says it has a 4cm latex layer on top, with 16cm high density foam.
    Now i realise to buy an all latex mattress with no foam included would be an astronomical price, compared to other mattresses, is this the same as your Breasley.

I see from there site, that they also have a few latex with pocket springs going up to 2000, the one that caught my eye was the Nulife Eclipse with 1600 pocket springs on the base, 25cm depth, 3cm latex and 4cm high density foam. If you have anything like this, i would be interested also.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭micks_address

Hi Mickey,
    Looking for a chest if drawers for bedroom. White about 118cm wide, maybe 4 drawers high or 5. Any suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Mick

Blanco100 wrote: »

E mailed image of bed frame to you.

Bigmickey.ie

• Advertisement

cranefly wrote: »
    Hi BigMickey, thanks for responding, i just looked up the breasley latex mattress, is it the Nulife Zenith latex mattress, 20cm depth, there description says it has a 4cm latex layer on top, with 16cm high density foam.
    Now i realise to buy an all latex mattress with no foam included would be an astronomical price, compared to other mattresses, is this the same as your Breasley.

I see from there site, that they also have a few latex with pocket springs going up to 2000, the one that caught my eye was the Nulife Eclipse with 1600 pocket springs on the base, 25cm depth, 3cm latex and 4cm high density foam. If you have anything like this, i would be interested also.

Hi

It would be last season's stock that we have. Some of the stock was made for one of the big Carpet and Bedding UK stores that went bust last year so it's all knock down prices but brand new. Our website has only a very small percentage of our actual stock listed. It's always worth a call to see what we have in stock.

Bigmickey.ie

Hi Mickey,
    Looking for a chest if drawers for bedroom. White about 118cm wide, maybe 4 drawers high or 5. Any suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Mick

Have some 6 drawer 117cm high so 3 rows of 2 drawers high . Have cream in stock but will check for white in the warehouse later. Would white in that style work ?

Bigmickey

Hi

It would be last season's stock that we have. Some of the stock was made for one of the big Carpet and Bedding UK stores that went bust last year so it's all knock down prices but brand new. Our website has only a very small percentage of our actual stock listed. It's always worth a call to see what we have in stock.

Bigmickey.ie

Good to know, i will be buying a new mattress in the next few weeks, i will give your store a call, probably by phone, and maybe you could walk me through all the different types you have in stock, in the end i may just go for something like the jade 1500 or the diamond mattress, or even the equivalent of the john lewis 5000 pocket spring you had back in 18, glad i found this thread, you have been very helpful, look forward to talking to you again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭micks_address

Have some 6 drawer 117cm high so 3 rows of 2 drawers high . Have cream in stock but will check for white in the warehouse later. Would white in that style work ?

Bigmickey

117 wide? If so perfect..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Looking for super king bed with storage plus mattress has to be super comfy (previous mattress respa symphony de lux). Thinking around 600 all-in, max 700. Am I crazy?

BBMcQ wrote: »
    Looking for super king bed with storage plus mattress has to be super comfy (previous mattress respa symphony de lux). Thinking around 600 all-in, max 700. Am I crazy?

Hi BBMcQ

Had a look at your Respa mattress specification. It's only an open coil mattress. See :

The Symphony Deluxe represents superb value for money in our Essentials Collection. Offering a well rounded medium support rating with a traditional quilted top covered in a sumptuous knitted soft touch fabric. Featuring the RespaTech Support spring system 13.5 gauge with an edge to edge support frame for increased durability and comfort. Totalling 28cm in height, turning is recommended. (Fabric Malta, Cream) (Soft Furnishings, Bedeck 1951)

We have a Clearance Sale on this weekend and If you can stretch to 700 euro then we will find you a nice storage base and a really decent Pocket Sprung mattress At those prices I feel I am the CRAZY one not you. :):):)

Feel free to PM us or give us a call on 043 3341895 / 086 8356888

https://www.facebook.com/BigMickeyIRE/photos/pcb.10159227447320558/10159227442455558/?type=3&theater

We have a Clearance Sale on this weekend and If you can stretch to 700 euro then we will find you a nice storage base and a really decent Pocket Sprung mattress At those prices I feel I am the CRAZY one not you. :):):)[/url]

Is there anywhere the mattress you are proposing can be checked out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Hey Big Mickey,

We have a king size Sealy posturepedic ultra images (non turn with memory foam). It's edge to edge support.
    Any suggestions please.

Thanks
    MAJJ

• Registered Users Posts: 32,951 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Hi BBMcQ

Had a look at your Respa mattress specification. It's only an open coil mattress. See :

The Symphony Deluxe represents superb value for money in our Essentials Collection. Offering a well rounded medium support rating with a traditional quilted top covered in a sumptuous knitted soft touch fabric. Featuring the RespaTech Support spring system 13.5 gauge with an edge to edge support frame for increased durability and comfort. Totalling 28cm in height, turning is recommended. (Fabric Malta, Cream) (Soft Furnishings, Bedeck 1951)

We have a Clearance Sale on this weekend and If you can stretch to 700 euro then we will find you a nice storage base and a really decent Pocket Sprung mattress At those prices I feel I am the CRAZY one not you. :):):)

Feel free to PM us or give us a call on 043 3341895 / 086 8356888

https://www.facebook.com/BigMickeyIRE/photos/pcb.10159227447320558/10159227442455558/?type=3&theater

Any special offers on your 2-in-1 mattress during this clearance sale?

Is there anywhere the mattress you are proposing can be checked out?

Can you travel to Longford ?

• Advertisement

MAJJ wrote: »
    Hey Big Mickey,

We have a king size Sealy posturepedic ultra images (non turn with memory foam). It's edge to edge support.
    Any suggestions please.

Thanks
    MAJJ

Hi Majj

Most of our quality mattresses that we sell are turnable / twin sided. We have several hundred mattresses in stock if you can call and check them out. You really need to try them out yourself. Let us know your thoughts.

Bigmickey

NIMAN wrote: »
    Any special offers on your 2-in-1 mattress during this clearance sale?

HI Niman

2 in 1 is a regular stock line and is ordered in on a weekly basis so it's not a clearance line. What size do you need and I will see what I can do for you ?

Bigmickey

• Registered Users Posts: 32,951 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

HI Niman

2 in 1 is a regular stock line and is ordered in on a weekly basis so it's not a clearance line. What size do you need and I will see what I can do for you ?

Bigmickey

I'd be looking at a double.

Can you travel to Longford ?

Ooooof - could u DM me the type of mattress and I could see if I can test it out locally?

Ooooof - could u DM me the type of mattress and I could see if I can test it out locally?
    NIMAN wrote: »
    I'd be looking at a double.

PM sent to both of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Hi all looking for advice on the following mattress from Ez living.

If anyone has experience with the brand, quality or this mattress in particular, would appreciate any input.

https://www.ezlivingfurniture.ie/mattresses/darcy-galvin-mattresses/super-king-size-6-ft-mattress-lir.html

Also any alternatives that I could consider in its place would be welcome.

Our requirements are at least 5ft, preferable 6ft that is overall firm with a soft top, but not memory foom (at least the squeegee type, if that makes sense. I like to be able to roll freely without feeling sucked into mattress)

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Anyone with any advice on Post above?

Bigmickey, do you supply this brand or would you be able to suggest similar alternatives quality wise that you might stock.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Shimmy!

Hi

Looking for a SuperKing size zip and link mattress (medium firmness). Turns out our access ways are not big enough to get the SuperKing mattress in so need to find a zip and link alternative.

I can see online that the Hilton 2000 mattress can be ordered in zip and link but I read further up in this thread that there is questions over quality as it may or may not have 2000 springs in it.

Are there any good alternatives?

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

Hi mick.

im looking for a wooden headboard for a divan bed with struts to attach it.
    Looking for a slightly distressed or rustic look. not orangey pine
    4f6i

awaiting your suggestion

wesser.

• Advertisement

ForestFire wrote: »
    Anyone with any advice on Post above?

Bigmickey, do you supply this brand or would you be able to suggest similar alternatives quality wise that you might stock.

Thanks

Apologies for only getting back to you now as I was away.

I do not know that brand but it may be an exclusive model EZ Living only. It looks like a non turn. Could not find much information on it. Do you know is it pocket sprung or open coil ?

Bigmickey

Advertisement