Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Copper Face Jacks (Coppers) For Sale

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

I'd rather saw off my own leg with a blunt spoon than own that place.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

It's a goldmine and an sti petri dish at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

If I had a spare 40 mill Id definitely buy it and Id add to its current popularity by running "guards and nurses" costume nights every so often.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭Allinall

It's akin to owning a self-replenishing ATM.

Definitely worth €40-50m.

You'd have it back in a couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

they did a study there once, every 10% increase in lighting led to a 20% decrease in STD's

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Force Carrier

Allinall wrote: »
    It's akin to owning a self-replenishing ATM.

Definitely worth €40-50m.

You'd have it back in a couple of years.

The new owners may not get the privileges the previous proprietor enjoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Mighty spot. Great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Will it be taken on by a brand new Culchie owner or will some duurrrrty Jackeen gets their hands on it...oooh the excitement.

Excrement, the excrement.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

How about we all group-invest in it in a Boards syndicate. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

valoren wrote: »

It would be transformed into a haven for hipsters with great music being played.

Also, handy for those Boards meetups :pac:

• Advertisement

valoren wrote: »

Jaysus - do you want to killl it off altogether!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,056 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Never had a bad night out when there. A great spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Interesting that it's for sale now.

A lot of late club venues in Dublin are seemingly struggling at the moment and apparently one of major causes of this is the switch to dating apps for meeting people, as well as lifestyle attitudes to alcohol changing. Poor value is also a factor too of course.

If I had a popular venue, I'd be thinking of flogging it now to get maximum return rather than holding on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

There will be consolidation I'd say. I was in House last weekend, and the place was hopping, even though they did finish up around half 3. The bird I was with had a thirst on her, so we went to Leggs afterwards. Place was packed as well. Never good when you're leaving a place as the sun is about to come up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Only once have I had the 'pleasure' of visiting Coppers.

It was my younger brothers idea; we were in the big shhmoke for a football game and naturally we were on the beer afterwards.

I was not so enamored with the idea, frankly I just wanted my Big Mac at that stage but he really wanted to go so...

Tenner in, off to a great start. Details are hazy but I distinctly remember a small, ginger, intoxicated lad dancing all by his own and then when a gaggle of perma tanned ladies were spotted he promptly decided to dance for them and actively encouraged them to join in all to a top 30 hits soundtrack of sorts.

They did not.

I watched on kinda like you would with a car crash accident.

My 24 year old brother got chatted up a 4O plus year old woman and no, not the MILF kind.

I still lament that tenner.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭Maurice Yeltsin

Coppers has without a doubt the tightest door policy in Dublin, its reputation is largely a myth propagated by joe.ie and the likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,625 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

It's an asset if indeed it have millions profit every year. Someone tell Trump about it, he'd snap it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Coppers has without a doubt the tightest door policy in Dublin, its reputation is largely a myth propagated by joe.ie and the likes.

Can't say that's my experience to be honest. Only place still open at a certain hour so plenty of people's last resort

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭Maurice Yeltsin

cian68 wrote: »
    Can't say that's my experience to be honest. Only place still open at a certain hour so plenty of people's last resort

I'd say I've tried the place a dozen times in the last few years, got in maybe twice.

I doubt I've been refused on the door of anywhere else since my early 20's.

Gosh I would have said the opposite - quite a loose door policy in my experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

4 mil profit last year.

40 million for a successful business like this, and prime real estate.

Seems a good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

I'd say I've tried the place a dozen times in the last few years, got in maybe twice.

I doubt I've been refused on the door of anywhere else since my early 20's.
    The bouncers are good at spotting pissheads

Advertisement